It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Sex With Creatures from the Future Is a Bad Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Why Sex With Creatures from the Future Is a Bad Idea

www.popsci.com

When time travel finally becomes possible, we might want to think twice about getting it on. According to a new study on tiny shrimp (Artemia franciscana), sex with partners from a different time could kill you.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
OK, I know it's shrimp. (Ladies...Don't go there!) But it is a fascinating read. I wonder if we would be affected this way. Though I know frozen Eggs and Sperm have been used in the past. Is there any long term study on the people who have been born through long term storage invetro fertilization?

www.popsci.com

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This is breaking news.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Star and Flag!

Great story. Makes sense I suppose we are always evolving. I thought the angle they were going to take with the article would relate to pathogens. Like when explorers met indigenous people and their various 'minor' viruses proved fatal, as they had no immunity.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

OK, I know it's shrimp. (Ladies...Don't go there!) But it is a fascinating read. I wonder if we would be affected this way. Though I know frozen Eggs and Sperm have been used in the past. Is there any long term study on the people who have been born through long term storage invetro fertilization?

www.popsci.com

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I came across this the other day.

Triplets that are 11 yrs apart due to invetro.

When Adrian and Lisa Shepherd decided to start a family in 1998, they underwent in vitro fertilization at the Midland Fertility Clinic because Lisa undergo from fertility issues that made traditional conception hard. Doctors obtained 24 eggs from the mother, 14 of which were productively fertilized. Two of those embryos were then entrenched in Lisa, who gave birth to twins Megan and Bethany in 1999. The other 12 embryos were placed in cryogenic storage space until the Walsall family in progress talking about having another child last year. "We didn't know if it would work, and we decided that we would just have one go with one embryo and if it didn't work, we wouldn't try again," Lisa, 37, told the Daily Mail. "It was one last chance, and if it was meant to be, then it would occur." The Shepherds returned to the clinic, where doctors implanted a third embryo in Lisa that had been conceive on the same day as Megan and Bethany.

triplets 11 yrs apart

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That's cool and I wish the family the best.

But I was wondering if there is any long term health risk to the person who is concieved in this fashion. Since this is fairly recent tech, I guess it'll be a couple of decades before scientists say it is safe or not.

By that time, it may be legal and viable to clone ourselves.

Just what the world needs, another me. Though I have buds who would differ on that opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Judging by the video i think they are in no hurry to hook up with us, but i do know that we taste kinda funny but acceptable as a form of nutrition.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Is there any long term study on the people who have been born through long term storage invetro fertilization?

Is there a long term study of the possible effect caused by interracial breeding?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It's not meant as racism but pure scientifically.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
No species capable of time travel would allow any breeding in the past as it could cause any number of unforseen consequences. Most who develop the immense level of power outputs capable of harnessing time travel would also be at a level of advancement where they would most likely deem it unallowed as well.

So I would have no fear of this if I were you.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thank's a lot pal. Do you have any idea how many women have fallen for my "time traveling breeder" routine?
It was a mix of Sarah Connor type nonsense with a little Idiocracy thrown in.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Now that would be amusing to watch.

top topics

join