It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Preacher - Harold Camping - Moved to Nursing Facility After Stroke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Christian Post News - Harold Camping moved to nursing facility after stroke

Harold Camping, known for his failed May 21 rapture prediction, has been moved to a nursing facility after he was hospitalized earlier this month for a stroke, Family Radio Network said Tuesday. ... (snip) .... Camping, 89, had suffered from a mild stroke on the evening of June 9 and was admitted into a hospital in the Oakland, Calif., area. The stroke reportedly affected his speech, causing it to slur....

Camping still maintains that his prediction of the End of the World is still on for October 21, 2011, but he moved the rapture date from May 21 to Oct. 21. Camping will turn 90 on July 19

If anyone was wondering whatever happened to this fella ... he had a stroke soon after his rapture didn't happen. The report says 'mild stroke' but he's in a nursing facility so I don't know how mild it really was. I suppose being 90 years old and having any kind of stroke is exceptionally tough. Anyways, he maintained that the end of the world would be October 21st which is right in the middle of the comet Ellinin stuff. We could get some fireworks from that comet but I don't think it's going to be 'the end'.

All those folks who got sucked into his TEOTWAWKI rapture cult and who spent all their money promoting it won't be getting any compensation from this fella. He's old and in poor health. Guess it's a tough lesson learned for them.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Maybe he was put in protective custody after the failed prediction, he could have got death threats or maybe the stress from spending so much on something which never happened caused the stroke. Sad none the less as we all make mistakes

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
So he was really predicting a rupture, not the rapture.

See, that's why you should stay in school, kids!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
ha ha thats what you get for fear mongering god pays in mysterious ways

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I hope in his case that it's karma doing it's job.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
Maybe he was put in protective custody after the failed prediction, he could have got death threats or maybe the stress from spending so much on something which never happened caused the stroke. Sad none the less as we all make mistakes

Interesting points.
He sure is dealing with a lot for his age. I wonder if the guy will even make it to October 21st?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitoy
I wonder if the guy will even make it to October 21st?

If he does makes it, that date will be his 4Th predicted!

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 23-6-2011 by Stingray77 because: link

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've been wrong many times, so I would never wish ill on someone else for simply being wrong.

All of the negativity must have really stressed him out and taken a toll on his health. Many forget that other people are people too. Mistakes or disagreements, none of us are perfect. Joking about his health, finding a laugh in it, or directing anger at him for being wrong is heartless! My grandfather told me some outrageous stories, but I would never stress his old soul over it. Have some heart people!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
All of the negativity must have really stressed him out and taken a toll on his health.

That's what I'm thinking. But not the negativity that he earned and has came his way from people. I'm thinking the stress of being wrong .. of making a fool of himself ... the guilt he SHOULD feel about having mislead people and the guilt he SHOULD feel about people having wasted their life savings on promoting his errors.

If he has a conscience those negative things could easily have attributed to his health situation.

I wouldn't wish a stroke on anyone. I'm not in glee that an old man is suffering. Honestly .. I feel bad for the guy ... his faith has to be shaken to the core and he probably feels like crap. At least physically he feels bad. I can't say for sure how he feels mentally or emotionally.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I just want to say, what he was not wrong about the weather forecast, he was wrong about MAJOR event he predicted for four times!
Think about the people, believers, who followed him and were affected by his predictions. You have to be very careful, when making such a predictions, because if it doesn't happened - there is going to be a lot of people, who believed him, but instead made fools out of themselves.
I certainly, don't wish anybody to have a stroke or anything negative for that matter.
But four times ?!? I think in that case its just becoming the "lust for power", over group of people, from the predictor side and nothing else.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well I suppose if he dies it will be a self fulfilling prophecy .. for him the World is ending.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hm I think that was gods real message "Quit fearmongering okay?"

new topics

top topics

join