It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Play Ball!!! Who will be the next world series champion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Time for fun and sports!!! March madness on, NBA playoffs soon and opening day of major league baseball.

I made my prediction last year, which unfortunately didn't come out... But anyway....

CHICAGO WHITE SOX 2003 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I cant believe you left out the Phillies !!! Add Jim Thome to Pat Burrell, Bobby Abreu, etc. and we're heading back to the World Series. The Braves days of ruling the NL East are over!!! Ironically, I'm picking the White Sox to meet the Yanks in the ALCS. Go Fightin' Phils !!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
PA i think the braves got one more NL east title left in them. but i am getting frustrated with the mass exodus of pitchers. the mets got a steal in getting glavine. the phillies will be tough this year though.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You're right proudamerican, the phillies are one of the best teams out this season!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Everyone knows this is the Mets year.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Everyone knows this is the Mets year.

Couldn't agree more

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The Mets are perennial chokers! The geriatric club of Vaughn, Alomar, Glavine, Leiter, need I go on? All in fun Ill, the NL East should be real tight with the Mets, Braves, and Phils all looking strong. I'm excited about this season!

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
this year in the world series it will be the cubs and the red sox. and then my friends we will know the end of the world is upon us.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yankees.

The last time it snowed on a Yankee's opening day, they won the series.

It snowed on opening day.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Cubs in the world series??? I think I see pigs flying outside...

GOOOOOOOOOO SOUTH SIDE!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
the only thing we were missing last year was a bullpen and that is what we focused on primarily this offseason. if today was any sign of things to come, then our offense shouldn't be a problem this year either.

and i know people make a huge deal out of the cubs not winning the world series in so long, but do you know when the last time the white sox won it? wasn't exactly recent. wasn't it like 1917 or something?

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The White Sox still won it more recently than the Cubs.. Yeah 1917... But the Cubs last won it in 1906.. That's 97 years ago!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang
this year in the world series it will be the cubs and the red sox. and then my friends we will know the end of the world is upon us.

Yes, I have to agree with you on this one! The Cub's starting pitching staff is top-of-the-line and can be compared with the best out there now.

Everyone, make sure you all put $100.00 bucks on the Cubs to go all the way!

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The Cubs and Red Sox? What are the chances of both shaking off their curse in the same year? Would be very interesting though.

The Braves are 0-3! HAHAHA Go Fightin' Phils !!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Just to show you all there is diversity among the ATS staff: William, I hate the Yankees with a passion!!!!

ProudAmerican: When Thome left Cleveland I wanted to cry like a little baby! He's a genuine individual, known as much for his character as his playing ability. Frankly, I don�t know what Tribe baseball will be like this year without him. none the less, GO TRIBE!!! (hows come NY can't beat our record of most consecutive sell outs?? )

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
GO GIANTS
They have to get back and redeem themselves......
Since they got rid Levon Hernandez we can win a game seven now.

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Red Sox have a pretty good team this year. But I don't like em... Only because they're one of my best friends' favorite team...

The competitiveness...

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
So I was off by a few years...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
So I was off by a few years...

Just a few

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>