Iceland Declares Independence from Int. Banksters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I don't think it will be a challenge for them at all. The PTB are perfectly capable of fighting a war without weapons.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

The US is the largest debtor nation in the world.

China holds that debt.

It is already been calculated that the US debt is impossible to repay ($533,000 per family).

The US will never allow China to simply "repossess it" as if we were Greece and they the EU.

The obvious outcome?

Duh!!!
edit on 6/23/2011 by drphilxr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Whenever anyone threatens to split from international bankers, there is usually a political assassination involved.

It was true for Lincoln and Kennedy, both of whom were working (amongst other things) to create independence for their currency.

I'd think that before long we will see the Prime Minister (?) or whatever they have leading Iceland either facing political downfall through some sort of scandal escalated far beyond where it needs to be in the international press, or will be assassinated.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Here's a GREAT article to read that give some background to the situation. Maybe the OP could at it to his/her OT?

The Breakup of the Euro and the Euro-zone?

Last month Iceland voted against submitting to British and Dutch demands that it compensate their national bank insurance agencies for bailing out their own domestic Icesave depositors. This was the second vote against settlement (by a ratio of 3:2), and Icelandic support for membership in the Eurozone has fallen to just 30 percent. The feeling is that European politics are being run for the benefit of bankers, not the social democracy that Iceland imagined was the guiding philosophy – as indeed it was when the European Economic Community (Common Market) was formed in 1957.

By permitting Britain and the Netherlands to blackball Iceland to pay for the mistakes of Gordon Brown and his Dutch counterparts, Europe has made Icelandic membership conditional upon imposing financial austerity and poverty on the population – all to pay money that legally it does not owe. The problem is to find an honest court willing to enforce Europe’s own banking laws placing responsibility where it legally lies.

How Greece is involved...

This austerity program (“financial rescue”) has come to a head just one year after Greece was advanced $155 billion bailout package in May 2010. Displeased at how slowly the nation has moved to carve up its economy, the ECB has told Greece to start privatizing up to $70 billion by 2015. The sell-offs are to be headed by prime tourist real estate and the remaining government stakes in the national gambling monopoly OPAP, the Postbank, the Athens and Thessaloniki ports, the Thessaloniki Water and Sewer Company and the telephone monopoly. Jean-Claude Juncker, Luxembourg’s Prime Minister and chairman of the Eurozone’s group of finance ministers, warned that only if Greece agreed to start selling off assets (“consolidating its budget”) would the EU agree to stretch out loan maturities for Greek debt and “save” it from default.

What this means and how it could pan out...

The problem is that privatization and regressive tax shifts raise the cost of living and doing business. This makes economies less competitive, and hence even less able to pay debts that are accruing interest, leading toward a larger ultimate default.

The textbook financial response of turning the economy into a set of tollbooths to sell off is predatory. Third World countries demonstrated its destructive consequences from the 1970s onward under IMF austerity planning. Europe is now repeating the same shrinkage.

They've got themselves one hell of a plan, don't they??

Wow thats some awesome information nunya13.
Thank you so much for adding to my thread.
There is some really good info there.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It would be scary but how would 5% match up against the other 95? They can claim to owe us but in reality, the money wasn't ever there to begin with and we did not sign a contract to borrow money for our lives. All we would have to do, all we ever had to do, was show we are not scared and let our voices be heard. Some men only want to watch the world burn so the only way to stop them is well...you know...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
All I'm thinking when I read this title is 'war on Iceland'.

Is it wrong of me to think this way?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There was a time, I couldn't imagine how the world could shift to a one-world currency. If every counrty defaults on their debts, then TPTB can re-set debts to zero, and switch everyone to a new currency.

That being said, bravo Iceland!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
All I'm thinking when I read this title is 'war on Iceland'.

Is it wrong of me to think this way?

Nah thats not wrong.
That might be my thread in the coming weeks.
Depends on how this situation gets handled.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Our country was the first nation to expell the IMF from our economic system due to the bad receipes made by them, which always caused bad consequencies for our currency and economic system.
W e were even threatened to make them return and accept their methods.
now you know why we didn`t accept them any more

Europe is on the verge of a big financial collapse due to the same receipes that were forced here in Argentina.
We said no more and so the mercosur did.
We had the biggest deppresion and financial economic collapse in 2001.

now the CEE bankers and the American bankers are eating their own tail, because they have no more un developed countries in which to make their huge bussiness, but just hitting their own.

Bad time for anyone, the scam is comming to an END

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Good for Iceland!

Takeout the bankers!!

I think the revolution is in full effect in most countries except America,Canada and a couple others.Those countries are too busy texting on their I-phones to care!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Good to see a country acting like a real sovereign. Everybody should follow their example. I hope now TPTB don't try to make them out to be another "evil" country like Iran, Cuba, N.Korea and Libya who also aren't controlled by the bankers. Good luck to Iceland and bravo for showing some cojones.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Good question. Could it be that the NWO is the big lie? and it's the "Old world order" all along.
Peace starchild.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by jaycen420

Other countries bailed them out. Then they refuse to pay those who helped them back. Seems clear enough.

What is Iceland's income source now anyway. As I recall it was fishing, then they switched to providing financial services and banking was the basis of their income. Then the banks failed, their banks failed and they borrowed money to survive. Now they don't want to pay it back?

I'm not sure you are understanding what is happening here. Iceland was wealthy, although tiny in population. They, the people of Iceland chose banking and providing banking services as the vehicle to support themselves. They chose that, not others.

Is there not a mass exodus happening there due to the financial collapse? I seem to have read that someplace? I don't think they can go back to fishing and if they don't pay their debts, they are done providing financial services, so that pretty much ends Iceland. It most certainly ends trade and Iceland does not manufacture anything does it?

These conversations about the banks are always so childish and uninformed, makes me wonder just how bad our schools really are now.

Since the banks are private, it is not the Iceland's population which borrowed the money, it is the banks. They can pay it back if they have the money or sink if they don't. The people are not obligated to repay private parties' debt.

As to what Iceland will do for export revenue, it all depends on what Iceland's imports are. The Icelanders' vote means they do not wish to continue with the "banking services" for export revenue if it means the future generations have to be burdened with a debt. May be they will cut back on their imports or find alternate sources of export revenue. It simply doesn't make sense for the sovereign to bail out private banks by itself getting into debt and then have to sell off state assets to repay the sovereign debt.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
YAY! for Iceland.
a bank loses the money.
Theny They Lost the Money!!!!
Not Iceland.
if they get baild out.
then they will keep takeing Big risks.
if I start a small coppany and get in det over my head.
would they bail me out?
and if I and many others kept doing it.
would they keep bailing us out?
NO!
so why can the banks keep doing it.
And The People pay for it??

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by star child

Good question. Could it be that the NWO is the big lie? and it's the "Old world order" all along.
Peace starchild.

No, IMO it's the same old crowd still attempting to finalize their plan..
They are damn close too..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Wow - Icelandic government actually asks people whether they want to bail out bank or not. Our (Latvian) government bailed out bank then said that it bailed out bank though most of population would have said no if they had been given rights to choose. Here's a government from the people for the people.

Go Iceland, a country where government actually care what the people think.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This is great news for now, but Iceland will be attacked in one way or another by the bankers; Tsunami's, Earthquakes or other.

They will not be destroyed, instead they will be put into a situation where they need our help. In go the vaccines (to make the people sick so as they need to buy our drugs), in goes the IMF (to get them in debt which can be repaid with assets), in go the GMO seeds (so as they cannot feed themselves, they have to buy our food/seeds). Similar to what we've seen happen to Haiti

Essentially the plan is to make them into slaves of the Elite; independence is not permitted
edit on 24-6-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by muzzleflash

I don't think it will be a challenge for them at all. The PTB are perfectly capable of fighting a war without weapons.

Exactly, it would be far to complicated to attempt to attack Iceland with traditional weapons. When a 1st world country like Japan or Iceland is on your hitlist, you first attempt debt warfare. You can also see if it's possible to have the CIA set up a coup. If debt warfare and attempted coups fail, then you can use covert weapons that appear to be mother earth to 99% of the people.
edit on 24-6-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Seriously there should be a "Bag a Banker day" where you bring a bankers body part in to claim a pre-determined reward and perhaps a fruit basket

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
you can bet Iceland will get hit before mid-2012...

that's when their 'modern media initiative' should be completed and ready to put into action.

modern media initiative

can't see the tptb allowing them to have truly free press and protection for whistleblowers.
edit on 24-6-2011 by justyc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join