It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Declares Independence from Int. Banksters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
yup hard to say what the banksters will do.
Im gunna keep my ears open to see.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The IMF, CFR , Trilateral commission, are the worst things to happen to this world. Sorry if i sound like Alex Jones, he kinda scares me. but on those groups i happen to agree with him:

go Iceland

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
How long till our politicians declare Iceland a terrorist state?

IRM

I would not doubt this statement.

This is almost identical to what
Gadaffi did. The only difference is
Iceland does not have oil exports.

Congratulations to Iceland.
I wonder what it would be like
to live there ??? ...... permanently ???

And did anybody notice the voting ??

There was no computer rigged machines.
It was the old hand written ballots

Nice job to Iceland on both counts

best wishes to Iceland

boon

edit on 6/23/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

This bears further watching. Please keep us informed on any tactics used against Iceland? For surely there will be some. Congrats to the Icelanders.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
How long till our politicians declare Iceland a terrorist state?

IRM

I would not doubt this statement.

This is almost identical to what
Gadaffi did. The only difference is
Iceland does not have oil exports.

Congratulations to Iceland.
I wonder what it would be like
to live there ??? ...... permanently ???

And did anybody notice the voting ??

There was no computer rigged machines.
It was the old hand written ballots

Nice job to Iceland on both counts

best wishes to Iceland

boon

edit on 6/23/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

i loved the fact that it was the old school paper voting...no corruption that way.....well at least its harder anyways lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I just watched a documentary called "inside job"and all i could say was WOW! It explains alot and our finacial system deserves to go down.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

i studied basic accounting in college and for every credit there is a debit.

the rules seem to be changing.

we are told that GM, the financial sector, etc is paying the Government back.

yet this cash coming back, never lowers the national debt or helps with the budjet.

in what account is it being deposited?

also the Washinton Post recently had an article that implied that the financial sector might need another trillion or two bailout.

is this what the repayments are being kept for?

i even wrote my Senator, i can't get answers anywhere.

and bravo to Icelandic voters.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Other countries bailed them out. Then they refuse to pay those who helped them back. Seems clear enough.

What is Iceland's income source now anyway. As I recall it was fishing, then they switched to providing financial services and banking was the basis of their income. Then the banks failed, their banks failed and they borrowed money to survive. Now they don't want to pay it back?

I'm not sure you are understanding what is happening here. Iceland was wealthy, although tiny in population. They, the people of Iceland chose banking and providing banking services as the vehicle to support themselves. They chose that, not others.

Is there not a mass exodus happening there due to the financial collapse? I seem to have read that someplace? I don't think they can go back to fishing and if they don't pay their debts, they are done providing financial services, so that pretty much ends Iceland. It most certainly ends trade and Iceland does not manufacture anything does it?

These conversations about the banks are always so childish and uninformed, makes me wonder just how bad our schools really are now.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by jaycen420

Other countries bailed them out. Then they refuse to pay those who helped them back. Seems clear enough.

What is Iceland's income source now anyway. As I recall it was fishing, then they switched to providing financial services and banking was the basis of their income. Then the banks failed, their banks failed and they borrowed money to survive. Now they don't want to pay it back?

I'm not sure you are understanding what is happening here. Iceland was wealthy, although tiny in population. They, the people of Iceland chose banking and providing banking services as the vehicle to support themselves. They chose that, not others.

Is there not a mass exodus happening there due to the financial collapse? I seem to have read that someplace? I don't think they can go back to fishing and if they don't pay their debts, they are done providing financial services, so that pretty much ends Iceland. It most certainly ends trade and Iceland does not manufacture anything does it?

These conversations about the banks are always so childish and uninformed, makes me wonder just how bad our schools really are now.

it seems you could be looking at this from the financial sector's point of view.

the bankers, speculators, hedge funds, etc. became intoxicated with subprime loans, credit swaps,basically creating wealth out of thin air.

when the financial house of cards threatened to collaspe, the USA, EU, etc bailed out Wall Street.

the Icelandic refused, and in free market, capalistic ideology told the financial sector to eat it's own loses.

the worldwide financial problem is far from over.

if a dog has flees and ticks and you give it a blood transfusion, it may live for a while, but the medical problem is still there.

the banks are still gambling, the hedge funds heading for a crash playing the commodities, credid swaps for nation defaulting, derivatives, etc,.
the flees and ticks are still on the dog, and more blood transfusions is not the answer.

the banking and all financial sectors needs major reform, not more transfusions.

this is a storm that has a long time to go.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

This is a good post by someone with good insight. Star!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
USA needs to add Iceland as a part of our country already.
edit on 23-6-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Great for them! We see what bankers are, corrupt, impulsive people who only care about bettering themselves. We saw that in the stock market crash of 2008.

I feel bad for what will eventually happen to them.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow this is excellent news which I hadn't seen before. Now I hope our governments realise not to 'lend' money to other countries when it isn't possible to repay those debts. Besides its the banks who should be held accountable cause they are the ones responsible for this mess. I hope more people start to realise this since I think most don't.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
kudos iceland !

good luck !

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Does my heart good to see the people of Iceland stand up for themselves. Now I need to go and research how tough there immigration policies are.
Looks like a nice place to live.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Awesome.

The best part about this is that Iceland will be extremely hard to sell a war on in the media.

Hahahha! Even the most brainwashed people glued to their TVs may snap out of it if they tried to make people hate Icelanders.

Now if it was somewhere like say Azerbaijan, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get bombed within a month.

But with Iceland?

This will prove to be a unique challenge for TPTB. Good.

We need to stop letting them rule over us so easily. Let's make them work real hard for it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

Don't forget the rating agencies purposely lied and over rated the safety of these kinds of investments (hedge funds, derivatives etc.). Iceland invested huge in apparently safe financial vehicles with decent returns based on those lies, for them to bail out the banks would be like the U.S. tax payer bailing out Bernie Madoff.
brice

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
kudos iceland !

good luck !

They are going to need it, this is like the "David and Goliath Story".

Guarantee Iceland will be made an example of, or they will become the example to follow.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Here's a GREAT article to read that give some background to the situation. Maybe the OP could at it to his/her OT?

The Breakup of the Euro and the Euro-zone?

Last month Iceland voted against submitting to British and Dutch demands that it compensate their national bank insurance agencies for bailing out their own domestic Icesave depositors. This was the second vote against settlement (by a ratio of 3:2), and Icelandic support for membership in the Eurozone has fallen to just 30 percent. The feeling is that European politics are being run for the benefit of bankers, not the social democracy that Iceland imagined was the guiding philosophy – as indeed it was when the European Economic Community (Common Market) was formed in 1957.

By permitting Britain and the Netherlands to blackball Iceland to pay for the mistakes of Gordon Brown and his Dutch counterparts, Europe has made Icelandic membership conditional upon imposing financial austerity and poverty on the population – all to pay money that legally it does not owe. The problem is to find an honest court willing to enforce Europe’s own banking laws placing responsibility where it legally lies.

How Greece is involved...

This austerity program (“financial rescue”) has come to a head just one year after Greece was advanced $155 billion bailout package in May 2010. Displeased at how slowly the nation has moved to carve up its economy, the ECB has told Greece to start privatizing up to $70 billion by 2015. The sell-offs are to be headed by prime tourist real estate and the remaining government stakes in the national gambling monopoly OPAP, the Postbank, the Athens and Thessaloniki ports, the Thessaloniki Water and Sewer Company and the telephone monopoly. Jean-Claude Juncker, Luxembourg’s Prime Minister and chairman of the Eurozone’s group of finance ministers, warned that only if Greece agreed to start selling off assets (“consolidating its budget”) would the EU agree to stretch out loan maturities for Greek debt and “save” it from default.

What this means and how it could pan out...

The problem is that privatization and regressive tax shifts raise the cost of living and doing business. This makes economies less competitive, and hence even less able to pay debts that are accruing interest, leading toward a larger ultimate default.

The textbook financial response of turning the economy into a set of tollbooths to sell off is predatory. Third World countries demonstrated its destructive consequences from the 1970s onward under IMF austerity planning. Europe is now repeating the same shrinkage.

They've got themselves one hell of a plan, don't they??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join