It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK this is weird - MP4 Player Recharging on its own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
First of all , I go for a 45 mins walk everyday , first thing in the morning, always with one of my MP4 Players with me.I have more than one as a backup since I forget a lot to recharge them.

It seems something is charging the MP4 players since I know them by hearth, I know 1 battery meter how much minutes it gives me etc...also i left one of them with 1 battery meter and woke up with 2.

its like there is something charged in the air which is effecting the players.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Just wanted to throw it out here

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I doubt it. My phone has had a slight electrical fault since I spilt water over it, and amongst other crazy things, it shows the phone's battery as recharging when in fact it isn't.

I'd say it's more than likely a fault with the MP4 player.
edit on 23-6-2011 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Are you sure its actually charging? It could show it has a certain amount of battery life left, but it could also be wrong and possibly defected.

Those are my thoughts atleast.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
as i told you...my MP4 is my daily companion during my walks..

its like when you know your petrol tank by hearth to make you understand..

its giving me more minutes than its supposed to

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Maybe you're too near power lines

Batteries have a way of recharging themselves, oddly enough, but never much of a charge. I dont know the specifics of this, but it's similar to wearing your battery out and turning your car off for a few hours and comming back and there is just enough of a charge to start up (sometimes). Like the old casset players... If the battery died in it, leave it alone for a few hours, a day or whatever and you can play it for a few more minutes.

Someone else will have to explain the actual process batteries go through when they loose charge.
edit on 23-6-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
it could be im imagining things but i noticed my phone acts weird lately too...last week i charged it only once and i use wifi pretty often...but yesterday it went down from morning to evening..

got no idea but it seems unstable,sometimes it stays charged for too long and sometimes too little...anyway..there might be an explanation we miss here
oh..and here some food for your thoughts on batteries

en.wikipedia.org...
dont know how much is true about this...
edit on 23-6-2011 by withallmylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Perhaps a higher neutrino count from the sun acting up ... as the higher than usual count of neutrinos pass through the batteries core, a directly proportional ratio of higher neutrino count are indirectly reacting with the nickel / cadium / lithium or what have you ...

But i dont actually believe that .. cos main stream science would say its impossible ... and after spending millions on various underground labs or what have you, to catch a neutrino .... would be pretty sickening if your battery could utilise them

So for that reason .. ignore my post

Away for a strong coffee now ... will try to wake up before i post more nonsensical ramblings

PS - perhaps a stronger geomagnetic field at your location .. or more dynamic ... Or a weaker magnetic field .. allowing more solar energy into your battery .. Haa .. this is fun ..

Ill leave some room now for more serious posts ...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

it is a common occurance - in short many rechargable batteries have better preformance run in cycles , than constant draw

a simple example :

if you switch it on and leave it on till it dies - it will run for 6 hours

but if you run it 1 hour on , 4 hours off - it will run 7 hours

most times you dont notice - but if you switch it off just after the battery meter drops to 1 bar - thus noticing that its at one bar - but when you come back to it - its now on 2 bar

its caused by voltage drop - from battery heating and internal resistance

PS - the acid test is keep running it and never charge it - it will die

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

thanks for the insight pal

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
I doubt it. My phone has had a slight electrical fault since I spilt water over it, and amongst other crazy things, it shows the phone's battery as recharging when in fact it isn't.

I'd say it's more than likely a fault with the MP4 player.
edit on 23-6-2011 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

My phone did the same thing, except it actually recharged. Forreal didn't have to turn the thing off for a few days untill i dropped it in the river :/

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My phone did something over the past couple days too. The Battery died and I put in into my jeans pocket. I came home and changed into shorts. The next day I went to charge my phone and the screen was white with a red patch in the center which looked kind of like the letter F. And my phone has an LED light on the top of it which was also on. I couldn't turn it on though. Anyway I didn't think much of it until I saw your post but maybe something is going on with batteries these days? Like the Clocks in Sicily.

new topics

top topics

join