It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

having a pretty difficult issue with my neighbors..need advice

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

i think he mistook me for 19 or soemthing when im in fact 25 yeah i think i got the whole thing resolved today im just trying to respond to every one that took the time to respond to me and thank you for your reply as well i think i just got an angry neighbor whos gonna have to figure out im in the right on his own or have the police explain it to him

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

yeah the Sunday part realy hits it on the head if i shoot or when in the future i do plan to shoot i plan on shootign from any time between noon and 4ish and i don't shoot on Sunday but that's just because there is a bible camp within one mile of my home and i dont think they wanna hear it in services so i do try to be polite he just had been calling them on ME for ANY gun shots in the area and thats what was bugging me least last night when i posted this i think if hes not out of here after the 4th of jully he will have to have gotten used to the booming by then thank you for your response

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'd agree with the poster who said to ignore your neighbors. I would use their threat (big son) to file a restraining order against the entire family. If it continues, and they keep calling the cops, hire a lawyer (I know, I know) and sue them for harrassment. I would not call the cops on them unless they are trespassing on your property or calling you and leaving messages or emails, things like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
next time you are going to shoot call the cops ahead of time. Invite them to shoot with you. When the neighbor calls it in they can tell'em "yeah, we know. In fact a few officers are shooting with him."

that should bring peace to confusion.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito

Originally posted by Vanishr
It sounds to me like your neighbour is just being a douche to be perfectly honest, is it really that hard to carry on with your life after you hear a gunshot ? Its not like your firing a machine gun fully automatic and reloading quickly and emptying rounds you kno

You're not getting this Vanishr . There is no noise ordinance . Machine guns are legal and so is fully automatic or rapid fire . Also , the OP is on private property and in violation of no law . If you're saying that you'd report the OP if he was shooting a machine gun or rapid fire with any gun then you wouldn't want to live close to me . It's legal and there are no deals . Most of us take that very seriously here . Our Second Amendment wasn't designed for deer hunters or sport shooters . It was designed so we could fight back against any tyrant whether federal , state or local . No deals and no appeasement . Winston Churchill said that an appeaser is a man who feeds alligators in the hope that they'd eat him last . If we appease or make deals there are plenty who would take our rights and trample on our Constitution so we stand our ground , never back up , and fight . You may have heard of one of Bushs' cabinet members , a black woman named Condoleeza Rice . Because of our Second Amendment her grandfather had the right to own and shoot a gun in Mississippi and he used a gun to defend his home , property and family when the KKK was lynching blacks in the south and burning their property . The police forces and Sheriffs Departments back then as well as state governments were mostly Klu Klux Klan . We have Rights , not privileges and further to that we have inalienable rights . A king didn't gives us privileges , we took and defined our rights . Our government can't take our guns because they work for us and when they don't , we fire them . If they ever become dictatorial , we'll fight them because we are entitled to and we have guns . 90 million gun owners that own just about 300 million guns and most of us like it that way . When seconds count , the police are 20 minutes away so we shoot back or shoot first and we have the right to do it . Even your police in England are not there to protect you . They are there to investigate who robbed , raped or killed you , after it's happened .

Wow!! Nicely said. I wrote earlier I'm not a big fan of weapons going off in the background all day long.

But after reading your great responce .. I want a machine gun! To heck with my neighbors.

OH... I'm in a residential area.. Where's the range?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Apex Predator

from what ive gathered hes kinda the mr complains about everything even peoples mailbox colors i guess some how yellow is offensive to some people? tomrrow if its sunny were having a comunity bbq at the bible camp so that should clear alot of this up thank you for your reply and i loved the jg wentworth joke it almost cost me a keyboard

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
for the reccord some one is shooting full autto or something right now and its not me it sounds like its coming from up on the mountian but i hope i dont hear from the frendly police today wish me luck putting the dog in my bedroom

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Keep documenting everything so far.
Have all the police reports on file to support your documentation.

I don't know if speaking with the county prosecutor is an option here.
Your neighbor is calling 911 and making a false claim of an emergency. They may want to look into that. there could be a law against that in your state.

get a lawyer.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

i am i have counted over 26 shots from 3 areas and there not me allready got a call from the police saying let me guess its not you so i think there coming out here to look for the acutal culprits this time they told me they wouldnt be stoping by today

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Seems to me you could turn the tables on this guy pretty easily. He's not a US citizen and his residence in Montana is not guaranteed. Pointing that out might be an interesting tactic. Something like this:

Sir,

You have been harrassing me for engaging in my constitutionally protected 2nd amendment rights to own and use firearms. You have accosed and threatened me on my own land. You have lied to law enforcement about me claiming, among other things, that I am not the rightful owner of my land.

1. I am a citizen of the United States of America. You are not. Any futher harrassment on your behalf will result in my lodging a complaint about your residence status with the department of immigration.

2. You are hereby enjoined to never set foot on my property. I will consider this trespassing and file a criminal complaint against you if you do so.

3. This is a rural environment. I take fiorearms safety seriously. I am willing to give any member of law enforcement a tour of my property to shopw them steps I have taken to ensure safety on my property and the surrounding area. This is not the middle of New York City. Get over it.

4. In the USA you cannot own deer. In other words, they aren't your deer until you lawfully shoot them. Then you can eat the meat. Unless these deer have a Canadian flag tatooed on their butts, they are American deer. And if they do have Canadian flags tatooed on their butts, they're trespassing. Get over that, too.

Send this letter to this person registered mail and also a copy to law enforcement. If you can afford it, you can probably get an attorney to draft a letter very similar to this one for a few hundred bucks. Weigh the advantages. Sometimes an attorney's letterhead is as important as what you say. Also, he may have some other ideas on what you could do or say.

You also probably have a small town newspaper nearby. They probably have an online edition. A letter to the editor might be an interesting tactic. Explain what happened. My guess is your fellow citizens would be outraged at this guy's behavior. Getting community support on this issue could do a lot to calm this guy down, or even get him to leave.

You are the aggrieved party here. Act like it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think you should keep doing what you are doing, but also be respectful about it...as you have been. Don't start shooting more often and with more bullets. That would just escalate the situation and is, quite frankly, vindictive. You should go over to their house to have another chit-chat with them. The SECOND they get beligerant with you, leave. You need to maintain the high ground at all times. It really is crucial. While you're there explain to them that it is obvious to you that your shooting bothers them, but you have rights as well as they do. Explain that you have tried shooting earlier and less frequently and ask if there is any suggestions they may have (that doesn't include not shooting at all) that would appease them. MAKE IT CLEAR THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMMODATE THEIR SENSITIVITIES and that you are totally respectful of their feelings. However, you also need to make it clear to them that they are asking you to discontinue something that you have been doing for a while and that is totally and completely within your rights. Hopefully they will realize that you have gone out of your way to accomodate them without them giving anything in return. It's called compromise.

I really hope this advice works out for you. Just two Sundays ago a feud I had with my neighbors also reached its peak. They didn't like our smoking from the get-go. Even left a note on our mail box two weeks after we moved in (a year ago). We started smoking primarily on the front porch and in the garage on particularly cold nights. It was the backyard smoking that bugged them, which is understandable. We would use air freshener, incense, and go to the front if they were already out in the back (they were there first, you know). Anyway, their kids started being disrespectful to us and screaming at us over the fence about getting cancer (they are about 7 and 10) and ding dong ditching us. They were also allowed to scream and yell int he backyard at 7:00 in the morning. They would curse and slam their door even if we were out there first and sometimes when we weren't even smoking at all.

Finally, one day while we were smoking in the backyard, the mom yells "I'm sick of this effing bleep!" and slams the back door. Not ten minutes later we got ding-dong ditched again. So my boyfriend goes over quite furious. I try to stop him but he has this "this is happening now" look in his eyes. I go back inside. they get into for about 10 minutes. I go out there to see how its going. Wasn't going well. I got him to go back inside and I proceeded to discuss things with her in a rational matter even though she was continually trying to raise her voice and get belligerent with me. She even directly insulted my roommate, whom she has NEVER spoken to, as being a bitch and having a sh*tty car (My roommate has a newer car than both my boyfriend and I. I honestly think this was all because my roommate is Mexican unless she doesn't like short people or something).

Anyhoo, after awhile and her trying to be defensive and insulting, I got her to calm down by demonstrating rationality and her entire tune suddenly changed. All of a sudden we were the nicest and most respectful renters she has ever had and she's sorry for being such a you-know-what and had her son come over and apologize to us. She said she didn't realize we were trying to accommodate them so much and admitted that she was letting her kids be disrespectful because of her problem with the smoking and regretted how immature she was being.

My point is, I really think my advice will work and it is because it is exactly what I did when I had an issue with my neighbor somewhat similar to yours. You have rights, they have rights. There's a compromise somewhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You need to A) Stop giving in to your neighbors B) Immediately put up a camera/dvr system IMMEDIATELY!!! before things get out of hand. C) Put up no tresspassing signs around your property AND ON your driveway. D) shoot when ever you want to - you should NOT feel obligated to call the police before hand - its really none of their business, if legal by law D) live your life E) do not invite them over, its obvious they don't give two turds about you!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I hate your neighbors. Sheeeeesh, if I was that neighbor, I'd be like, "FOOOL lemme shoot yo gun!!!!!".

Some people just don't know how to have some crazy fun sometimes...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm 18, Canadian, and I can tell you, if that 18 year old Canadian boy don't like the sound of a gun shot, theres also a reason he left Canada. Tell them to suck it, and gtfo of this area if they like to see peaceful deer, because as far as your concerned, it's a free meal.

Canadian? Really? Pffft.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

4th of July is coming. Rural areas don't usually have any restrictions on fire works. Montana has had plenty of rain, so there probably isn't any fire hazard. Your neighbor hates the sound of gunshots. Interesting combination of circumstances.

Maybe I am just confrontational, but I would have a blast torturing that guy!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Meet him with the cops. Have the "three" of you sit down and discuss the issue. When your neighbor sees that YOU are bringing the cops into the picture, maybe he'll let up.

I think beezzer's idea is the best one. If they come out again ask them to go to the guys house with you and they can explain to him you are not doing anything illegal so unless you do don't call again.
In Ca county property like ours we can make as much noise as we like until 10PM unless it is constant and annoying someone and they complain, them you may have to make les constant noise. 5PM seems like a reasonable tome to shoot to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Maybe I am just confrontational, but I would have a blast torturing that guy!

Allow me to emphasize your comment above by underlining the important points...well said!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

i did apply to work in a fireworks stand while i was in town today so we will see how that goes so far no visitors and who ever was shooting non stop seems to have stopped so at least i didnt get harrassed today

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

he then proceeds to tell me im scaring away his deer and that he moved here from canada to see these deer and that he didnt move to THIS country and this state to hear gunshots all the time

He sounds like an absolute ass.

He moved from here to there to see deer? We have so many deer, elk, and moose in this country, he doesn't need to go there to see deer. Also, I have deer in my yard all the time, and I also have invited hunters to clear out the beavers that keep damming up my creek, and the guns do NOT scare away the deer. They're only allowed to shoot the beavers though.......

My guess is that he must be right out of one of the larger cities, and if he doesn't want to hear gunshots, he should have stayed in the city, and gone to the zoo.

I don't know what else to say, except I hope you guys work it out, or maybe with luck he'll move.

I wonder if he had a reason to run away from Canada? He isn't there for the deer, clearly.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I live in a small rural town. Last year we had a buzzard problem and I do mean a problem. Those things looked like Pterodactyls flying over! Very graceful, just floating on the wind, hundreds of them.
The town's people started shooting at them, (shot guns and pistols) trying to kill them and scare them off. This went on for awhile.
My daughter and my son-in-law came for a visit for the weekend. They live about 200 miles from me. The shooting was going on while they were here. My son-in-law ask.. Why are they shooting in the middle of town and isn't it against the law to do that. Isn't that dangerous?
I said ....Yes, but I guess the law turns a deaf ear toward it since the buzzards are such a pest here.
Finally the buzzards gave up and left.
The thing is..if you lived here no one would say anything to you. .

edit on 23-6-2011 by ellieN because: changed a word...

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join