It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on evolution and God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I know, another thread on evolution! But this is my first on a topic like this.

I am a med student and was studying about Sickle Cell Anemia today. Sickle Cell Anemia is caused by a genetic mutation. Its more predominant in malaria prone regions. That is because it renders some immunity to malaria. But has its own down side to it. Evolution is based on random mutations like this which is helpful in the long run. So Sickle Cell is a classic example of Darwins theory on evolution.

Now some creationists mention that everything was created by God. Well did God not know that in the future we will be traveling all over the globe in a few hours?
My point being that people with sickle cell anemia are better off in tropics but when they migrate to area where there never was malaria and interbreed with locals to produce offsprings with the disease who don't need it and has to suffer its consequences. This is just one example. Dark skinned people migrate to the north and interbreed with light skinned people, but dark skin gene being dominant the offspring would be dark skinned and may suffer consequences like low Vit D production. Another example where mongoloid people of icy areas having slanted eyes to protect from sun glare, travel to equatorial areas with no ice or snow have children with slanted eyes who don't need them.

Can this point be forwarded to support evolution instead of creation or did I make a mistake somewhere?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Everything you mentioned in the post is evidence of human evolution adapting to different enviroments of the world, you dont need to put it forward as evidence or anything. Relgious folk will refuse to beleive any kind of logical evidence presented to them anyway.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
Everything you mentioned in the post is evidence of human evolution adapting to different enviroments of the world, you dont need to put it forward as evidence or anything. Relgious folk will refuse to beleive any kind of logical evidence presented to them anyway.

More than putting a point for evolution I wanted to put forward evidence that God was not involved in it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by asen_y2k

More than putting a point for evolution I wanted to put forward evidence that God was not involved in it.

That should be easy enough. There's actually no evidence that any deities are involved in anything in the universe. There's not even evidence that any deities exist or ever have existed.

top topics

join