It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Terrorist Hotspot.....The US Northwest.....Terrorists!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

After a lull following the demise of the Idaho-based neo-Nazi Aryan Nations in 2000, anti-government and white supremacist groups and individuals may be reviving in the Inland Northwest. It's a mostly white, mostly rural area with few job opportunities and a history of extreme activists.

Experts say the number of radical right groups is growing across the country because of the poor state of the economy, rising immigration and fears that President Barack Obama's administration has an agenda to curtail individual liberties.

Rising immigration in the NorthWest? Um......what the heck? (no literally....wtf?) I thought immigration was in the Southern States? Did I miss something?

They include so-called patriot groups, which fear one-world government and don't accept the federal government's authority.

Oh yes, Submit to us.....or else.....Of course everyone wants to submit. (wait...what about the States authority?)

So who is the group that's the terrorists?

And they like northwest Montana because there is no dominant major city with liberal politics.

Yes! The liberals want to become the next al-qaeda!!!!

Now who wants to start a revolution?

Burgert is accused of firing shots at Missoula County sheriff's deputies June 12 before he disappeared into the Lolo National Forest. Burgert is a longtime patriot activist who spent eight years in prison on weapons charges — he had a machine gun when he was arrested — and U.S. authorities charged him at the time with trying to spark a revolution. He was released in 2010.

Oh great, now I wonder who is doing these "studies"?

The number of hate groups and patriot groups, which do not all share beliefs and conduct, has been growing across the country since Obama was elected in 2008, according to an annual report by the Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery, Ala., which tracks extremist groups and individuals.

Southern.....Poverty.....and they are in the NorthWest? When did the Poverty part come into this?.....And why is the South in this to?

"Montana is developing into a hotbed," said Mark Potok, director of the SPLC Intelligence Project.

So who all is in this area? The article lists a couple hate groups, then this.

Others include patriot leader and former Constitution Party vice presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin, who believes the U.S. is headed for a fight between big-government globalists and independent patriots; Stewart Rhodes, founder of Oath Keepers, which wants law enforcement officers and military personnel to sign an oath against a one-world government conspiracy; and Randy Weaver, whose standoff with federal marshals at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, in 1992 kick-started the modern patriot movement.

And I thought the Canadian border was the most recent hotspot......

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
A true Texan. Thank you for your running commentary. I saw this earlier and decided it was a WTF story. Almost makes me want to move to Montana.

Not to derail the thread but I would like to meet other DFW citizens interested in acquiring land around the area for meetup/camping/rendezvous spot. Interested?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

A true Texan. Thank you for your running commentary. I saw this earlier and decided it was a WTF story. Almost makes me want to move to Montana.

As a fellow Texan, I to wonder why the heck the North West is the one taking this story?

Seriously? How are they taking this "anti-government" stuff from us? Our State has an anti-TSA bill in the special session right now. The special session for crying out loud! And they label the NW as the most anti-government? Literally.....Our own state government is more anti-government than what the people in this article are talking about.......

Edit - By anti-government I mean anti federal government
edit on 23-6-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center being a Libertarian or driving with a "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker also means you're a white supremacist neo-nazi anarchist hell bent on war with the Federal Government.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by buni11687

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center being a Libertarian or driving with a "Don't Tread on Me" bumper sticker also means you're a white supremacist neo-nazi anarchist hell bent on war with the Federal Government.

Cool. I'll have to get me one of those at my local gun show this weekend. Our government is fun.

S&F!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Seriously? How are they taking this "anti-government" stuff from us? Our State has an anti-TSA bill in the special session right now. The special session for crying out loud! And they label the NW as the most anti-government? Literally.....Our own state government is more anti-government than what the people in this article are talking about.......

REALLY??I didnt think it was a competition on who was more "anti-government". Isnt it good that the NW is like that now...you guys need the States as a whole to be "anti government"
edit on 23-6-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I hope the anti-TSA bill passes. I have no problems staying in Texas for vacation. How about those incandescent light bulbs? I just pray that Texas passes a "Made in Texas, Stays in Texas" firearms bill and really tells the Fed to go pound sand.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

REALLY??I didnt think it was a competition on who was more "anti-government". Isnt it good that the NW is like that now...you guys need the States as a whole to be "anti government"

Im pointing out how terrible this article is. They completely ignore an entire state government that is rallying against the federal government and instead target small groups in the NW.

I think its great there are other people that are anti-federal government, but this article just blows my mind.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Haha, I got you beat!, I got the tattoo!
Show me to the FEMA red line please, I'm late for my appointment.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Im pointing out how hypocritical this article is. They completely ignore an entire state government that is rallying against the federal government and instead target small groups in the NW.

I think its great there are other people that are anti-federal government, but this article just blows my mind.

I do believe the tactic is called 'divide and conquer.'
Second.
edit on 23-6-2011 by survivalstation because: premature enterization

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

As a fellow Texan, I to wonder why the heck the North West is the one taking this story?

Edit - By anti-government I mean anti federal government

IMO, TPTB are looking for a reason to crack down on the Northwest. This area has long been known for anti government types, their words not mine. Because of this history, it is so much easier to convince the sheeple that it is necessary to hunt and destroy these domestic terrorists, in order to maintain security. I would bet this area is the site of our next false flag event. They need a reason to pull rural America into the security net.

Texas is just being ignored for now, so they don't accidentally draw undue attention to the illegal immigration issue. And for some unknown reason, they are afraid of drawing attention to Mr. Goodhair. Just give it time, Texas will be hit fast and with a fury never seen before. For now, we need to be vigilant and be prepared.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
one thing though...i really hope that anti TSA bill gets passed in Texas...that will be a really huge step for America as a whole...i bet all the states would follow suite then. GO TEXAS!! lol

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

For any REAL American it's always a competition as to who hates the Feds most.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I do believe the tactic is called 'divide and conquer.'

Go for the little guys and leave the big ones out of it .......atleast for now. Drum up support to take out the little ones, and then after enough support is gained, go for the big ones.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

Anything that is connected to the SLPC has a racist agenda in my opinion. It seems that they are running out of ideas, so they pulled out the playbook from the late 80’s and 90’s and dusted it off.

“There’s Crazy Gun Nuts in them thar hills!”

The NorthWest is fairly sparsely populated so it is easier to spin the message there. It is a whole lot easier to manipulate communication coming out of that area through the MSM.

Texas though is heavily populated with diverse (I’m starting to hate that word) communities. It’ll be hard to keep the lid on that. But I think that they are still war-gaming that one. I fear you may be right.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Anything that is connected to the SLPC has a racist agenda in my opinion. It seems that they are running out of ideas, so they pulled out the playbook from the late 80’s and 90’s and dusted it off.

The NorthWest is fairly sparsely populated so it is easier to spin the message there. It is a whole lot easier to manipulate communication coming out of that area through the MSM.

Texas though is heavily populated with diverse (I’m starting to hate that word) communities. It’ll be hard to keep the lid on that. But I think that they are still war-gaming that one. I fear you may be right.

Correct Tdawg. Start small and then expand.
Didn't Kacinsky (sp?, unabomber) hole up in the NW? Ruby Ridge, D.B. Cooper. It's easy to associate the NW with domestic terrorism considering the history of the area.
They'll connect the dots in the NW and then they will have an easier time showing how Texas, with their anti-fed legislation, is continuing along those line. This will allow them to hammer Texas, cow the other states into submission, and all the citizens will meekly accept the suppression of their rights.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I saw this posted on Yahoo earilier...I have spent a great amount of time working in Idaho, and been all over the northwest as this is where I am from. I'm latina...not once have I ever felt threatened by these extremist groups..(I'm not going to call them terrorists). In fact, I am rather happy to see that there is still a strong number of non-conformists in the NW.
This has nothing to do with with the Aryan nations or other white supremacist groups. The media loves to give these guys attention despite that their role is so minimal and their numbers so insignificant that we will often forget they still exist.

There is however, a strong dislike for the federal government and the bureaucracy that is infiltrating at the state level in this particular region. Our private industries are leaving for greener pastures and we're seeing rising unemployment like never before....I haven't met one person here that is prepared to say that they love their government.
I'm a progressive, an environmentalist to the core and still share a lot of the same sentiments towards the federal government as my conservative counter parts. I'm aware of what government sanctioned corporate welfare and blind imperialism has done to this country. If the feds want to lump all of us under the names of a few extremist factions...just for the sake of calling us terrorists...so be it. They already have many environmentalist groups labeled as terrorists also. It's not going to change a damn thing.
edit on 23-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

You sound like you can rationally think for yourself and make your own mind up about things.

Now the Guvmint types can't have that line of thought just floating around. You must be a subversive extremist!

I love the Northwest. It is a very beautiful part of our country. Keep on keeping on!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Fairly accurate as far as I'm concerned. Pick a state and there are probably some "crazy gun nuts" with bad intentions dwelling there.

new topics

top topics

join