It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conundrum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered
"Man . . . because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
the result being that he does not live in the present or future;
he lives as if he is never going to die,
then dies having never really lived."

How true is this? Everyday we live, to make money, to survive, doing the daily ritual of life, but we never really live, do we?

We are merely going through the motions. Until we eventually die, without having really have lived. I find it sad, that we as humans cannot just enjoy life, but instead fill it up with concerns about the future, worrying about things that we have no control over.

Live now, and enjoy it, for our time is so short.

vvv
edit on 23-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Awesome quote. Never heard that before.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
sounds like your life sucks if you believe this being the case, and I can assure you its not the same for all, and finding happyness is different for everyone. With that said, theres more to life than money.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
sounds like your life sucks if you believe this being the case, and I can assure you its not the same for all, and finding happyness is different for everyone. With that said, theres more to life than money.

Uhm, actually no, my life does not suck. How did you come to this conclusion? I merely put it out there, to show how worrying about stuff you have no control over is sort of pointless.

We tend to live, not for the now, but rather in the future, or in some cases in the past, because it gives you some sort of comfort, instead at looking at your life, in this precise point in time.

vvv

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well I don't about you but I couldn't be happier with my life. I'm living it now and I'll be living it even fullier in a few years.

Dalai Lama doesn't seem very wise after reading that passage. It seems even he generalises.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Dalai Lama doesn't seem very wise after reading that passage. It seems even he generalises.

Maybe that was to point out the failure of stereotyped westernized life - which I am quite sure a lot of people in some form subscribe to. Not sure how this rings with the users at ATS in general though as I imagine going with the flow wouldn´t normally lead to ATS.
edit on 23-6-2011 by FedtStensDyr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join