It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If We Are Not Meant To Die?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

lol Good point. But I would think by this time, we would have reflective skin as a defence mechanism.

I do recall reading something somewhere that the mayans (or Aztecs) used to keep their women in buildings with no windows, keeping it pitch black because the sun sterilised them at some point in time. It was the sun, that they understood, that was causing them to be unable to have children and thus caused something of a near human extinction on a massive scale.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

and the richest man in the world is ????

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Interesting theory but i think we're in the middle of the journey of life,a path that leads to somewhere fantastic but your soul has to endure hardships & things like that before it acends to somewhere higher.

I like your thinking,so if that were the case & we couldn't die we wouldn't need to eat,sleep or so anything.how would children grow ? do they grow to a certain age then stop ?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Reminds me of Ashayana Deane. she claims death is an unnatural process and that everyone is supposed to ascend in their light bodies.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Well, if it was an environmental evolutionary advancement then it would have occurred and stuck around, however, I doubt that a walking mirror made of delicious meat would have much chance of escaping predators as it would glare in the midday sun. Same concept as sniper, that bright flashing scope on the top of the rifle is a dead giveaway at the right angle (or wrong angle, whichever way you want to look at it.).

Being immortal would be awesome for a while but eventually you'll have seen, heard, touched, tasted, smelled and learned everything. What next? Evolutionarily, immortality would weed itself out of existence due to unsustainability. I'm assuming that one would still have to consume nutrients to maintain a high metabolic rate due to cell reproduction and DNA repair. If we used to be immortal, did we also not get hurt, or heal instantly? Imagine what the metabolic rate of an insta-healing human would be. This is why I bring the unsustainability issue up. Eventually the population would get so large chaos would ensue due to famine, if you didn't starve to death then you would probably have been killed for your food, or to be food. Then the remaining population would die off due to disease caused by enormous quantities of dead bodies and contaminated drinking water.

Oh, interesting subject real quick, I wonder if there is a correlation between species number, speciation, and solar maxima/increased radioactive activities, I wander if ELEs could correlate to this as well. Say, during solar maxima radioactivity increases, causing massive speciation, then as the radioactivity decreases the species that are not "fit" for the new earth climate die off rapidly, not necessarily due to any major collisions or extra terrestrial phenomena, just rapidly altered climatic patterns, hmm, just a thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Very interesting theory, but we've been documenting and excavating graves, burials and rituals of death long before the Egyptian times.

Someone in here mentioned about us being energy and not being able to destroy energy, I love this idea. I've been doing a lot of reading about death since a very good friend died a couple of weeks back suddenly. I've read so much, like us being made of atoms and atoms can't be destroyed either.

There's so many ways to think of it, but my understanding is that:

A. Our body is made of atoms, either way we end up being part of the Earth and more likely end up in soil and eventually in food and eaten again. But that's our physical being, just the shell we live in.

B. Our soul is just a forum of energy, like the other guy said, energy can't be destroyed. Does that mean our soul lives on? Is the light at the end of the tunnel simply us being born again? I guess there's only one way to find out really.

C. What about thinking from a purely scientific point of view? I read a story which was comprised of various different accounts such as doctors, embalmers, funeral homes etc. In the end the point was, we know we don't take our physical being with us as it stays here, decays and disintegrates or is burnt. We know our brain doesn't function any more, so do we take our thoughts and knowledge with us? Again, this is doubtful. So what exactly do we take with us?

D. The huge mystery of NDE (Near Death Experience). I read somewhere that a group of doctors were experimenting with NDE and did things like lay a picture on the floor so that the person who had flat lined had no way of seeing it. When a few of the people awoke, they said that they were floating above their body and described in detail what happened and also described the picture on the floor which was impossible from their physical body as they were faced upwards.

FREAKY.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

and the richest man in the world is ????

Definatly not me!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

You raise another good point about solar radiation. So all those that work outdoors will probably survive such an event, yet those in 3rd world countries would probably not. Those that are weakest, the ones that work indoors, are only lucky so long as the power grid never fails.

Now, I would think that had all the worlds people living forever would have increased knowledge so much that we'd populate the stars by now. Then again.. we havnt accomplished all that much except for the last 50-100 years, so I would definatly have to see some proof of it to believe it were possible throughout thousands of years. Still, it "could" happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Read up on dmt and its effects on the body, its also produced in the brain and released during heart and brain death. I believe after the heart stops but before brain death. It's a halucinogen.

Then again I've read the photo article before as well. So here's a theory to explain that, I'm not sure what the theory is called but it basically says that everything that ever happens anywhere is the effect some previous chemical reaction. Even thought is a chemical reaction. So with the right skill (or the right substance) an individualcould theoretically travel forward and backward along the chemical reaction timeline and review the past rapidly or see the future. The chemical process will play out from beginning to end based on the beginning of the rxn. Or if you want to look at it on a more infinite timeline, the creation and destruction on the universe is a repeated process but each beginning is based on the previous end anon, anon. This would also indicate infinite universes created on a timeline that throughout time allow for all outcomes of every creatures every decision ever. There don't have to be parallel universes to account for the actually existence of every tiny difference in everything. All it needs is time. I believe chemical timeline traveling is possible as there have been prophecies proven throughout time and psychics do exist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join