It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizen arrested for videotaping police from front yard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
openchannel.msnbc.msn.com...

As video cameras grow ever more ubiquitous, confrontations -- both legal and physical -- over their use are becoming more common. Case in point: NBC affiliate WHEC-TV in Rochester, N.Y., reported Tuesday on an incident in which police arrested a woman who filmed a traffic stop from her front yard and refused an officer’s order to go into her house. The woman, 28-year-old Emily Good, was later charged with a misdemeanor: obstructing governmental administration.

So now you are not allowed to make home videos while on your property? Was she filming area 51? What in the world is going on. This womans rights were violated

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Its already one of the hot topics.

Stupid though and shows where we are all heading..........and i don't like it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
big thread here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It's only obstruction when you prevent the cop from performing their duty but filming from a distance does not hinder nor infringe upon the commission of their job.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

It's only obstruction when you prevent the cop from performing their duty but filming from a distance does not hinder nor infringe upon the commission of their job.

May not be obstuctuion within their duties but a case could certainly be made that it infringes on their civil rights or their right to privacy. Lawyers could take this quite far I believe.

No different than someone sticking a camera in your face while your going on about your business. Just leaving the police part out of it the cop has merit to be pissed on a citizen level.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

May not be obstuctuion within their duties but a case could certainly be made that it infringes on their civil rights or their right to privacy. Lawyers could take this quite far I believe.

No different than someone sticking a camera in your face while your going on about your business. Just leaving the police part out of it the cop has merit to be pissed on a citizen level.

Let me remind you of something, if you want privacy become a hermit and have take out delivered to your home every day but if you open your front door and go somewhere guess what? You have absolutely zero expectation of privacy once you leave your home. I don't care who you are. You are then in and subjected to something called The Public Domain.

When Google sends their StreetView cars around they are ordered to smudge out people's faces, license plates and any private homes to keep whatever they have in their home from being broadcasted all over the web. In the event some couple is having sexual relations and is caught by the cameras that cannot be posted.
edit on 23-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join