It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have All The Planes Gone?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Painfulhead
reply to post by EyeDontKnow

you have got to be kidding. i never said "under" and your being foolish to say you cant, with a bit of an angle, and binoculars see the tail of a jet. i could use a long zoom lens or spotting scope or BINOCULARS to see this. try it and then come back and say your sorry..

Well if the plane is at 30,000 feet, and you are on the ground....that means you are under it, right ?

I guess at certain angles you might be able to see a tail.
But the more of an angle, the further it is away from you.
So you have never seen a commercial airliner leave long-lasting trails ?
Which planes did leave long trails ?

Do you have photos ?

images.extremespotting.com...

edit on 23-6-2011 by EyeDontKnow because: trim the fat.

edit on 23-6-2011 by EyeDontKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
I just find it hard to believe that ice crystals can persist and spread out into cloud formations.

High altitude clouds are made of ice crystals, and they persist and spread out. So why would contrails not?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Painfulhead
i live in alaska close to the haarp site ...... i see chem/con everyday heading twords seattle, for a while i have been checking with binoculars witch jets are leaving the 'lingering' trails and with out fail all lingering trails are coming from jets with a red tail, alaska air has a native on their tail and i have yet to see them leaving a trail. for what its worth..

Likely the Alaska planes are on a more local flight, and so are at a lower altitude.

Red tail sounds like Virgin Atlantic, on a higher long distance flight.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

I just find it hard to believe that ice crystals can persist and spread out into cloud formations.

High altitude clouds are made of ice crystals, and they persist and spread out. So why would contrails not?

Watch the video sir and you explain it all to me. Tell me why you see planes flying at the same height having huge chemtrails, compared to ones that dissipate almost instant???????

And I want a real explanation, not the same old bullcrap!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Watch the video sir and you explain it all to me. Tell me why you see planes flying at the same height having huge chemtrails, compared to ones that dissipate almost instant???????

And I want a real explanation, not the same old bullcrap!

Because I do not believe that they were all at the same height. What height were they at?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I live in sheffield Uk, I too have noticed the lack of chemtrails over the past few weeks, .. I do not want to speculate too much on geo-engineering and the forces and conspiracies behind it,but I too have not seen the chemtrails recently(2/3 weeks). I get up 7 am everyday like groundhog day and the first thing i do when leaving the house is to look up at the state of the sky.

I have read on here some posts that suggest the rise in temperature may be the reason but if anything the temperature has cooled and rainfall seems to have returned back to some normality( remember about 3 weeks ago people was worring about a hose pipe ban ect ect unusually hot spring ect ect)
again i do not want to speculate I am just backing up your post title. I agree there has been a lack of chemtrails, and the planes I have seen are the usual short contrails and usual consitancy. what this means I do not know but I am glad you posted.

keep observing

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I don't understand the science it must be nefarious government plot! The real issue is how people can graduate high school and not have had some natural science classes. Or at least a class on reliability of internet sources.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

You tell me, you're the pilot right?

If it can't be explained by hard scientific proof, then it can't be debunked...sorry.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

For the last 3 weeks, there have been very few planes over-flying where i live.
This I consider a return to normality, seeing maybe 3 or 4 planes a day, all with
normal looking, short lived contrails. Before 3 weeks ago, for many months previously,
on most days, 40 to 50 planes a day could be observed, each leaving huge trails
traversing and blanketing the sky, over the space of a few hours.
I live in Clare, on the west coast of Ireland and the weather has been good recently.
There have been no reported airliner strikes.

Either there is a temporary halt to spraying or most of the planes have found alternative
routes to their destinations.

Just to put your mind at ease OP, they were not spraying anything toxic. Perhaps there were more planes, and they left more visual contrails due to weather conditions, but it would have been utterly impossible for them to spray anything toxic in that quantity and for it to remain undetected.

So there.. don't you feel better?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
I don't understand the science it must be nefarious government plot! The real issue is how people can graduate high school and not have had some natural science classes. Or at least a class on reliability of internet sources.

I think you & firepilot should watch this video. This is proof that they are toying spraying our skies with aluminum. I think you're the one who needs to go back to high school boss.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

How many times do we need to be referred to that joke of a documentary? Actually, I think it was more of a mocumentary playing on stupidity.

My favorite part is when the organic farmer guy is pulling rotting parts off a coconut tree, saying it wasn't natural and he had never seen anything like it. Trees rotted way before the 'chemspiracy' even existed.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

If it can't be explained by hard scientific proof, then it can't be debunked...sorry.

Oh my, your claims are now unfalsifiable, but still right in your mind. Unfalsifiability is a red flag in critical thinking.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I think you & firepilot should watch this video. This is proof that they are toying spraying our skies with aluminum. I think you're the one who needs to go back to high school boss.

I have watched it, it is not proof of anything except that people are easily taken in by junk science. For some reason, the more technological we are, the less scientificly literate we are as a culture.

It used to be that people attributed something they did not understand, to some God. But in the chemtrail cult, they attribute everything to airplanes, even when it is something totally normal

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I've been lurking ATS for a long time, and reading this thread made me actually want to post. I have some expertise in this area, I am a commercial pilot with a degree in Professional Aviation Flight Technology and a minor in Meteorology (the two kind of go hand in hand). I believe in a lot of "crazy" things, but chemtrails is not one of them.

Weather has everything to do with what you percieve as chemtrails. The obvious, temperature and humidity and altitude. Everyone (should) know that the temperature of the air gets colder as you go up in altitude between 2 and 3 degrees celcius per 1000 feet, depending on the moisture content of the air. When you reach an altitude where the air has been cooled to the dew-point for that particular time of day, you can have visible moisture (clouds, etc). A plane flying at the proper altitude and conditions will make contrails. How long these contrails stay visible varies, as the weather is CONSTANTLY changing, even a slight increase/decrease in temperature can have a huge effect on cloud and contrail formation. Wind speed/direction also varies with altitude. A few thousand feet can even present a vast difference in weather conditions.

This can also explain what people percieve as two or more planes, seemingly flying at the same altitude (as if you can tell from the ground when they are upwards of 40000 feet in the air), and one is making a "chemtrail" and one is not. In all likelihood, they are not at the same altitude, especially if they are on different flight paths (not going in the same direction). Different altitudes, completely different weather conditions so one may not be in the right conditions to create visible moisture while the other is not.

And consider the tropopause. It is the lowest layer of our wonderful atmosphere. Generally, commercial jet liners have no need to fly this high. Private jets and other flights often do to avoid congested altitudes and make their flights quicker. The tropopause is knid of cool because, as I said earlier, air cools at a standard rate as it goes up in altitude...until you reach the tropopause. It is then stable in temperature for some distance until the temperature of the air actually begins to INCREASE with altitude. Why do I bring this up? Well, one plane could a few thousand feet below the tropopause, while another could be flying above the tropopause in COMPLETELY different weather conditions. One may be making a contrail while the other will not, even though you may percieve them from the ground as being at the same altitude. The height of the tropopause also varies, it is not finite.

As for the decrease in air traffic OP has witnessed, I can't reply much on that because I don't live in their area. But there could be a number of reasonable factors for this.

Do I think commercial airliners are purposely seeded with chemical to make "chemtrails", absolutely not. The chemtrails you are seeing are just contrails, and the variation of how many/when they occur/how long they stay is a factor of meteorology, not some conspiracy. But I wouldn't look past the possibility that some kind of additive may be in military and government flights for the sould purpose of doing whatever "chemtrails" are supposed to do.

Just my two cents, felt my knowledge could be used in this thread (hopefully I explained everything well), and this is not opnion, it is meteorological fact. But do with it what you will. Probably get bashed for being some schill...
edit on 23-6-2011 by upgrayeddc310t because: typo

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Not really sure where I stand on the chemtrail issue. But shortly after taking off from houstoN headed. For cancun, I looked out the window to see a plane off to our right climbing at a similar angle. All of the sudden it started producing a chemtrail. InstantaNeously. As though it was turned on by the pilot. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

If you were at same altitude in similar atmospheric conditions, the people on the other plane saw the exact same thing. You chemtrailer you!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

then along comes a plane, it pumps out a bunch of warm humid air at over 100% humidity.
I know, it's not obvious. It took me a while to figure out. But if you really want to understand contrails, then you need to understand this mixing concept.

Just a quick explanation how the jet exhaust is over 100% humidity, this doesn't make logical sense unless they use water for fuel? Would you be able to tell me how far off base I am?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
reply to post by chrismicha77

How many times do we need to be referred to that joke of a documentary? Actually, I think it was more of a mocumentary playing on stupidity.

My favorite part is when the organic farmer guy is pulling rotting parts off a coconut tree, saying it wasn't natural and he had never seen anything like it. Trees rotted way before the 'chemspiracy' even existed.

I could care less about much of the video and you choose to believe what ya want. All that I was showing was the AAAS meeting and how they were cornered about the spraying. They admit to aluminum and how they had no tests on the effects it has or will have!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Oh my, your claims are now unfalsifiable, but still right in your mind. Unfalsifiability is a red flag in critical thinking.

Well darn you've figured me out.....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Not really sure where I stand on the chemtrail issue. But shortly after taking off from houstoN headed. For cancun, I looked out the window to see a plane off to our right climbing at a similar angle. All of the sudden it started producing a chemtrail. InstantaNeously. As though it was turned on by the pilot. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

If you believe the science, then what you saw was the point where the atmospheric conditions were prime for a contrail to be produced. It shouldn't seem strange that a contrail started "instantaneously". It has to start at some point, right ? The planes are traveling very fast, so once it entered the prime area...a trail began.
If it then flew through a pocket of warmer air, it would suddenly stop. Nothing strange there.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join