It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Must Be Ready for Next Big Solar Storm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Earth Must Be Ready for Next Big Solar Storm

www.space.com

InSeptember 1859 , the sun unleashed one of the most powerful storms in recorded history. The solar eruption induced electrical currents that set telegraph offices on fire and sparked dramatic displays of northern lights over Cuba and Hawaii.

Scientists and officials from a range of organizations gathered in Washington, D.C., yesterday (June 21) to ask a simple but frightening question: What if it happens again?

"A similar storm today might knock us for a loop," Lika Guhathakurta, a solar
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.smh.com.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NASA Sends Internal Memo ~ Family/Personal Preparedness Plan Dated Today June 10 ~ What The ?!?!?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I find this quite strange, first they tell us that the sun is going into a "quiet" period and now they ask questions like "well what if a big one comes?".

Coupled with the fact that a NASA preparedness letter went out to their workers, I think they know something that we don't.

To be honest I wonder if it would be so bad if we were to be hit by a CME the size of the 1859 one, after all it would only knock out our power. Wait that would mean no internet, and no ATS!!! I take it back it would be the end of my world.

ALS

www.space.com
edit on 22-6-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Posting for my ATS.

ALS

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

I find this quite strange, first they tell us that the sun is going into a "quiet" period and now they ask questions like "well what if a big one comes?".

Coupled with the fact that a NASA preparedness letter went out to their workers, I think they know something that we don't.

To be honest I wonder if it would be so bad if we were to be hit by a CME the size of the 1859 one, after all it would only knock out our power. Wait that would mean no internet, and no ATS!!! I take it back it would be the end of my world.

ALS

www.space.com
edit on 22-6-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

No Internet? No ATS? No tracking capabilities whatsoever? Good!

That means that we get our brains back and THEY can't find us. And if THEY can't find us, THEY also can't see us coming!

It wouldn't be all bad.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Its because we are in a normal eleven year flare cycle right now so we will see big flares through out next year. The sunspots that they are talking about will not affect us until 2020 at least. So again, we will experience huge coronal mass ejections through out 2012.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No more gas pumps, no more water pumps/treatment, no more electronic money, no more banks, no more fake debt/currency, no more satellite communications & navigation...the list goes on.

I say bring it on, I'm ready step back to a time before technology and electricity.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Paroxysm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
No more gas pumps, no more water pumps/treatment, no more electronic money, no more banks, no more fake debt/currency, no more satellite communications & navigation...the list goes on.

I say bring it on, I'm ready step back to a time before technology and electricity.

Our ancestors did it...and here we are!

It won't be easy but we have the skills and buried memories within our DNA...we can wake them up again.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If that one that just happened earlier this month was pointing directly at us, things probably would have gotten pretty interesting. That might be partial motivation for the discussion. But, who knows.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

So, why not take this time to prepare to preach to the people of consciousness. If it happens without warning, go to downtown and explain things. Talk to people and help them out, with dreap drops transferring and communicating information without the internet can be vital.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

We can sit back and read a book, or exercise and enjoy life. People would be more creative. Then when it returns, even more problems. The amount of videos uploaded to YouTube would be outrages, people would probably update Facebook a dozen times a minute, who knows. Then people should realize, that when the power was out it wasn't that important.
edit on 22-6-2011 by JJShinobi because: Spelling and grammar

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No, I don't want humanity to go backwards in time, I want us to be able to reach for the stars, Star Trek style. But with how corrupt everything is now, we might have to go backwards before we can move forward, though I figure humanity will always be corrupt, always has been.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I say lets hope it does not hit anytime soon or ever. If so, it would only give the government reason to declare Marshall Law and I'm not ready to head to a FEMA camp.

In fact, they could just shut everything down and we wouldn't know the difference.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

"They" have been talking about the impending solar storm doom for as long as I can recall. And thats about as long ago as an article in Omni magazine back in the early 80's.
There is nothing new in this. "They" have been talking for decades. The problem is in getting governments to do anything serious about it in terms of putting more resources into the electrical infrastructure... which in most countries just runs barely above minimum maintenance levels.

And for what its worth, we're getting a direct hit by a CME tomorrow. Not a big one though, but if you're in high latitudes you might get to see some aurora.
Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be mostly
active with a chance for minor storm periods at mid-latitudes and major storm
periods at high latitudes for the next two days (23-24 June). Effects from the high
speed stream should prevail early on the 23rd. An additional contribution to
activity is expected sometime between 1200-1800Z on the 23rd due to the arrival
of the halo CME observed on 21 June. Conditions should decrease to unsettled
to active levels for the third day (25 June).

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJShinobi
reply to post by Paroxysm

We can sit back and read a book, or exercise and enjoy life. People would be more creative. Then when it returns, even more problems. The amount of videos uploaded to YouTube would be outrages, people would probably update Facebook a dozen times a minute, who knows. Then people should realize, that when the power was out it wasn't that important.
edit on 22-6-2011 by JJShinobi because: Spelling and grammar

I for one support this, but one thing is clear, there will be global chaos during the first few months. However, once people lose fear of the unknown, a whole new human breed will spawn, perhaps a whole new generation, untainted by people who wants to keep us down. Perhaps this will force the governments to eliminate nuclear power, since if this happens they will be forced to shut down or it will spill all over the earth. The Gov knows they need the resources to survive, they will bluff but they know that they cant survive. Maybe for th first time in human history we can all sit down and chat over a nice cup of tea and put aside our differences and our religions and focus on being fair and our common interests of life.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You do know there are even more things that will go right? And that people will starve and kill each other?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

You do know there are even more things that will go right? And that people will starve and kill each other?

Amen to that dude, it's gonna look like zombieland without the zombies. Just throw a can of pork n' beans in the road maybe an a crazed fat man won't kill you. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You know its probably all ready being taken care of. They are spraying particles in the air to reflect sun light. Those particles are all ways in the sky. You can see the haze even when the sky is clear of clouds. I do not think that its out of our range of technology, considering the govt had technology in the 50's that is beyond what the masses cant comprehend today. It might not be chemtrail technology but something else. Maybe something to do with haarp like technology, witch can beam energy 100's of miles into the sky. You know the govt has force fields. Money is not a problem for them. They have the power to kid nap any scientist they desire. Not to forget the alien technology. I do not think they would let this planet burn.
edit on 22-6-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by 547000

Amen to that dude, it's gonna look like zombieland without the zombies. Just throw a can of pork n' beans in the road maybe an a crazed fat man won't kill you. Good luck.

I will miss music

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
been shouting this for so long...

Solar Storm 2012 / 2013 - Monthly Review

Solar Cycle 24 - My New Youtube Video

Solar Maximum with Minimum Sun Spot Activity = 1859 Event?

We relate CME's to Sunspots something which I dont think its the case, since we already experienced 2 large X-Flares this year one of which reached Earth on the 11th March , the day the Mega quake hit Japan, and there are little to no Sunspots at all.

I took next solar cycle very seriously since I believe the only way out from this problem is to change the very fundamental basis of our technology...electricity...which we can't...there is no time for us to replace electricity with something else.

I think the 1859 event was a warning to humanity, but they kept on going with the same kind of technology which stands no chance to the fury of our mother Sun.

We also have to take note of the giant breach discovered in the magnetosphere, so next cycle might effect us much more than the 1859 event.

Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field Discovered

And yes there signs are pretty clear...that next cycle will be like the 1859 event...

As per NASA..

geomagnetic storm of 1859, for instance, occurred during a solar cycle of about the same size we’re predicting for 2013

New Solar Cycle Prediction

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Our ancestors did it...and here we are!

It won't be easy but we have the skills and buried memories within our DNA...we can wake them up again.

The typical like expectancy during the centuries when water treatment didn't exit is about half of what it is today. Clean water is incalculably important to the survival of the human race. If something like this happens, be VERY aware of your water sources as the people around you will pollute water sources beyond the ability of boiling to kill germs. Chemicals could also be present in large and dangerous quantities. Boiling water won't solve that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join