It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts conclude that famous "self portrait" by Van gogh to be of his brother and not himself!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

A Vincent van Gogh painting, which had always been believed to be a self-portrait, is actually a depiction of his brother, experts have concluded.

source

Well fancy that... I remember being shown this painting countless times as a child and being told it was van gogh himself?

Could they have been wrong the entire time?

Interesting little article for you all to read!

Your thoughts?

Peace

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Good find. Either way the man was very talented. Do you think it changes the interpretation of the work in questions?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well, it's always something. Sometimes I wish the experts would just shut up and let us quietly go on believing the things we already "know"....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers
Good find. Either way the man was very talented. Do you think it changes the interpretation of the work in questions?

Well.. i spose it does to be quite honest. I have always found it easier to draw someone else than to try and draw myself... although... im not sure Van gogh would have had that problem.

But surely it would change things slightly on all counts?

I'm not and don't pretend to be a big art critic but I do find these classics fascinating.

Any of you ATS'ers out there heavily into fine art?

Care to share your thoughts?

top topics

join