It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website re ALIENS and Sons of God (Questioning &Sharing of website).

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GLDNGUN

Thank you for these links! S & a F if I could give ya a F :I would)!! Rereading some of the content in the links , and I have to say that I agree with most but dO disagree with the claim of losing your ''eternal security''. I believe once you are truly born again, repentant, turning to the Lord Jesus...you will remain saved... For how can a man become UNborn.... You caN'T! "No man is able to pluck them from His Father's hands" He said. so that even means we can't even take ourselves out of his secure hand... We are kept and sealed by HIS Holy Spirit...until the day of redemption....

Lots of real interesting info is on the site though---but that is definitely one thing that struck a ''wrong'' chord with my Spirit........

Am so thrilled you found those links ... Gr8 insight into a lot of things there but it imo contains that one major error --there could be more.....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

... We are kept and sealed by HIS Holy Spirit...until the day of redemption....
This looks like a misinterpretation of John 6:27
Do not work for the food that disappears, but for the food that remains to eternal life – the food which the Son of Man will give to you. For God the Father has put his seal of approval on him.”

This was talking about Jesus being the one who had the seal of approval. Also there is a connection with the general subject of food. The forger who wrote Ephesians under the name, Paul, was writing in a later time once it became evident that Jesus was not returning as soon as people had thought. The "letter" was to get the believers to stop waiting for Jesus and to go back to work. It goes so far as to say that these people should be allowed to starve to death. The forger probably thought it would be useful to borrow a line from John to drive the point home, while lending his own forgery an air of authenticity.
This same word translated as, sealed, in Ephesians 4:30 is also found in
John 3:33
The one who has accepted his testimony has confirmed clearly that God is truthful.

Here it is being used to describe what a person does to acknowledge the message that Jesus presented.
Paul uses this term in
Romans 15:28
Therefore after I have completed this and have safely delivered this bounty to them, I will set out for Spain by way of you,

which is the word here translated, safely delivered.
Paul also uses the same word form as in the Romans quote, in
2 Corinthians 1:22
who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a down payment.

It looks like he is talking about himself, Timothy, and Silvanus, being sealed, by God.
As for Redemption, you find the word in
Romans 8:23
Not only this, but we ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we eagerly await our adoption, the redemption of our bodies.

Here Paul is using the analogy of adoption to illustrate the point, that we receive a firstfruit of the spirit enough to be able to call God, Father. The actual full adoption in this illustration seems to be a bodily one where the inheritance we come into is having our bodies of an immortal nature. So the redemption is in this case, a redemption of the body, being released from its mortality. Here again the forger of the "letter" to the Ephesians is taking real theology from actual writings of Paul and turning it into a kind of mush, a kind of defuse telling which leaves it open to misinterpretation.

edit on 7-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

... We are kept and sealed by HIS Holy Spirit...until the day of redemption....
This looks like a misinterpretation of John 6:27

No , no misinterpretation here.

which is the word here translated, safely delivered.
Paul also uses the same word form as in the Romans quote, in
It looks like he is talking about himself, Timothy, and Silvanus, being sealed, by God.
As for Redemption, you find the word in
Romans 8:23
Not only this, but we ourselves also, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we eagerly await our adoption, the redemption of our bodies.

Here again the forger of the "letter" to the Ephesians is taking real theology from actual writings of Paul and turning it into a kind of mush, a kind of defuse telling which leaves it open to misinterpretation.
Paul was not a forger or apostate in any way. He was a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. He did not twist God's Words. He worshipped the Lord God.

No, no misinterpretation. "Paul also uses the same word form as in the Romans quote, in

2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts. He is speaking of ALL born again believers- TRUE Christians. Notice the word "us". It's not just 3 people, he was speaking of himself and other Christians. Also , true, an earnest is the downpayment. And God is faithful and will never renig on His Promises.

Yes, the Holy Spirit is the earnest /downpayment... and you can rest assured that all true Christians are sealed, we has His earnest...and it's only a matter of time for the whole deal to be completed...He will never LOSE any of His children,,,, nay, not even if they backslide, PRAISE GOD, for we all do tend to fail Him at times.... but anyway.... God' is a God with promise and is not going to give a down payment for nothing ... He'd have been wasting His time, if this were so. It's Jesus all the way folks,,,, There is nothing we can do to earn salvation other than trusting in His finished blood atoning sacrifice at Calvary....

ETA:Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

...Oh the LOVE and simplicity that is In Christ... If people could only see.
edit on 11-10-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Paul was not a forger or apostate in any way.
Paul was not, obviously.
That does not mean others, after Paul's death, could not have made forgeries, meaning other supposed letters that were falsely attributed as being written by Paul.
I was pointing out that the forger used familiar sounding themes from other books that existed, to weave a sort of tapestry to look biblical, just to gain an authoritative air about it, to be the vehicle to deliver the message the forger disperses throughout the letter so as to make it seem as if that was just the general way of thinking that Paul had, rather than presenting it blatantly where people would recognize how it did not fit and was a new idea, foreign to his earlier, known works.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Paul was not, obviously.
That does not mean others, after Paul's death, could not have made forgeries, meaning other supposed letters that were falsely attributed as being written by Paul.

Then you don't believe God was big enough to preserve His words so we could have them today? You think God is so weak that He couldn't keep His words perfectly preserved and inspired through different translations for His followers in this age?

You serve a mighty pathetic and weak God if you don't think God could keep His words safe. What little faith you have.

I would hate to be a "christian" that was trying to follow Christ, yet wasn't even sure I had Christ's words to follow.....

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Then you don't believe God was big enough to preserve His words so we could have them today? You think God is so weak that He couldn't keep His words perfectly preserved and inspired through different translations for His followers in this age?
That has nothing to do with what I was talking about.
You only "know" one thing, so whatever anyone says, you always go back to the same thing.
You believe there was a pile of stuff lying there, a group of people were appointed by the king of England to be a committee to make a book in English out of this pile.
Then, according to your mythology, God entered into these men, through his spirit, to create a translation which surpassed the originals, making a new and holy thing, regardless of what materials there were, or where they came from.
I don't think that is what happened and all you have to do is look at the numbers attached to you posting identity, the date of its original publication. The King James Bible of today is not the same thing these people produced. So there is no magical, holy quality to the printing which somehow purified the text. It was just people doing the best with what they had available to them at the time.
I have faith but it is not a book, but is a spiritual gift. I believe that God helps me to find truth within what is available to me at the current time, which is quite a lot, thanks to technological advancements. I feel it is foolish not to take advantage of these opportunities.
You can have a Harry Potter theology if you want but I say no thanks to books of magic.
edit on 12-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question....you skated right by it. And you know why you did it too...don't you? You have no answer. Not only that, but you are scared I am right and your own authority (being yourself) is flawed.

So I ask again......if you are a Christian...do you think God is so weak that he could not preserve HIS WORDS for us to have today? Be a man and answer the question. If you have NO faith in God then say it. Stop running from the question.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

No, there is no question, just you moaning on about not having faith unless you can believe in a magic book.
What is the question? Don't I feel God is great? OK, I can answer, Yes God is great.
Does God have to jump through your hoops to prove He is great? I don't think so.
Did I miss anything? I don't avoid questions, I just don't always see one. Just a lot of telling me how it is from people who think they know something I don't.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Sounds and reads not entirely unlike the sci-fi book I'm writing (linked in my sig).

These things at some level (beings, hiearchies, powers and principalities) all MUST exist, and so the human imagination cannot help but speculate about them.

Maybe there's much more to it - will have to pock around some more, but that was my first impression.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Your starting to fall apart now. Do you have any idea the importance God puts on His words through out the Bible? Have you even read the Bible, at all?

Imagine God saying "Keep My commandments" and then you come in and say "put we don't have Your commandments because I said we don't". You call God a lair every time you say there is not a perfect preserved set of God's words on this planet for all generations to read.

Your foolishness astonishes me. Imagine God saying "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." and yet you say we don't have the words of Christ. What arrogance and pride.

You know another person that casts doubt on the words of God.......his name is Satan:

Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

I guess Jesus Christ lied here too huh?
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away."

Want more to prove your ignorance? God will not even hear your prayers or look to you in your time of trouble:

ISAIAH 66:2
"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I LOOK, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. "

You are filled with your own self righteousness and pride. Be warned and repent from your wicked ways. There is still time for you while you breath if God hasn't completely turned you over to a reprobate mind yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Any news on this?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GLDNGUN
Any news on this?

Well the planet is still spinning and there has been no alien or demon invasion. No news is good news.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Correct me if im wrong but I thought even bible tells that the tree with apple had alot to do with wisdom...
They then noticed they were naked and made clothes to themself? and when god saw this he went mad and threw them all out?
So imo this satan just wanted to give human's knowledge about right and wrong?

We may be speaking of different "satan" of course, so I'll read this page bit further and maybe make some conclusions

top topics

<< 1   >>

join