It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain sentences activists to life in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Bahrain sentences activists to life in prison

www.latimes.com

Bahrain sentenced eight prominent activists to life in prison Wednesday in the latest crackdown on a 5-month-old rebellion in the island monarchy that has been criticized by international human rights groups for mass arrests, torture and shooting of protesters.

The verdicts by a military court follow the lifting of martial law but indicate that the ruling Sunni Muslim family will not tolerate unrest from the majority Shiite Muslim population, which is demanding an end to discrimination. Several of the activists, such as Abdulhadi Alkhawaja, are revered dissidents and their imprisonment is l
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
While the US strongly supports the folks in Egypt for rising up to have their voice heard, and participates in the NATO mission against Libya, in the name of protecting the innocents..

We have Bahrain, pretty much the same situation, folks just trying to gain their freedom, and being shot down, beaten, arrested, and now sentenced to life in prison...

Where's the support from the US for these folks?

Oh wait, I forgot, Bahrain is an ally of the US, and the US has a strategically placed navy base there..

Hypocrisy anyone?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hypocrisy rank, absolute, and obvious to all with even the merest comprehension of foreign policy. What a joke. Words fail me when I think of those people spending the natural lives locked up from even a hint of freedom, when they were only fighting for it in the first place. I cannot imagine the horror.

When, when, oh great Beelzebub, will you make the swine pay?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Milleresque

Agreed.. and we have close to the same occurring in Syria, not a US ally... besides some quotes in the press that Syria needs to behave.. where's NATO on this one?

Are there no Syrian resources that would compel the corporate governments to intervene here?

Wait.. It's really about the folks in Libya isn't it? That's what my government told me..

new topics

top topics

join