It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1976 Tribe on Papua New Guinea meets white man for the first time. BEST VIDEO IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIM

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Nothing went wrong because we are still advancing and haven't got to the stage of greatness yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
I am not slamming an entire ethnic group of people, only the culture that has been brought along with them. It's not racist it's an observation. Materialism and Monotheism come hand and hand whenever the white man arrives into natives' land. It's not racist if it's supported by history, sorry if truth hurts your sensitivities.

Also the validity of the comment does not change whether or not the comment I made was any less true, again truth is supported by examples, regardless whether this is one case is or isn't.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

Ahh, but you are slamming

1) what is the white culture? Is it russian? english? german? perhaps italian?
White culture is as diverse as any other ethnic group...you think a deep jungle congo african tribe has the same culture as say, Zimbabwae or egypt?
What "culture" your discussing is not the white man's enjoyment of potato's, or metalworks...the destroyer of such tribes and cultures has always been lead by missionarys

and thats religion...

2) Religion then...but which religion?
Well, Jesus, Moses, nor Mohammed wandered around france...it all came from the middle east..from the area around jerusalem...so, arguably the most destructive force has always been when middle eastern cultures expand west and take over. white man has been a victim just as much as anyone else from these strange desert people beliefs...don't believe me? consider all the unique pagan beliefs held in the various cultures of europe...did they all get along? hell no...but then christianity spread like wildfire and entire civilizations were slaughtered by this middle eastern religion, adopted by the romans, and anniliated right to the edge of the world...then spread out to other lands and the new world..

So, if you consider it, your problem is not with the white culture of art and such, but in middle eastern and jewish culture ransacking the world.

You simply state white culture...well, if a black man learns christianity and kills or corrupts because of it, is that suddenly black culture? if a white person in america today learns islam and blows something up, is that white culture?

Anyhow, I guess it could be settled as simply civilization verses tribal life...or just your typical destruction by religion

1) Western culture (maybe culture isn't the best word but it's the closest), particularly European culture.

2) Christianity (you can thank Rome for that).

Monothesim and Abrahamic religions came from the middle east, but was spread (Christianity that is) with force by the Roman empire, which was possible because of the advances of European warfare, superior weapondary, and economy based on material goods and exchange. And who were the Romans? Who colonized Africa, Australia, the new world (Americas)? It wasn't the Asians. You could say civilization verses tribal life and it would be just as accurate, doesn't change what I said however.

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
They should have given them an iPad and left. Their civilization would be destroyed in 3 days.

LMAO

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Beautiful video, I just couldn't help but think of how ruined that tribe was after that encounter. They probably had looong stress free life expectancy, then technology came wandering through the woods...

Again, beautiful video.

Not so much technology, but the use of it. Usurpation and control, war and plunder. Technology for peaceful applications is awesome because it's not mandatory and eases things in the universe greatly.

We must wrest technology from the war suppliers.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
They should have given them an iPad and left. Their civilization would be destroyed in 3 days.

Thats if the battery lived longer than 3 hours

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
It's a great beginning and I'll watch the rest but my first question is why does the guy assume that the tribe understands a hand shake?

It's a European custom that spread to N. America and he's holding out his hand to a tribe that has never even heard of Europe. Funny.

SnF

I think he was trying to introduce them to the handshake and show them that this is how we say hello. They figured it out after awhile.

Thanks so much for sharing, OP. This was a very awe-inspiring video! I got a little emotional.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Great video!! Sat through the whole thing and was amazed. I really enjoyed the mirror, how the tribesman covered it with a leaf as to hide it's power. I can't imagine being the first person to meet a tribe of people who are so impressionable. Really enjoyed this thank you.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Very cool.

Reminds me of what humans will look and act like if/when the aliens do show up.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
S&F. I've always wanted to see the reaction of such an isolated tribe to modern civilization, fascinating video. I especially love when they show the tribesman the knife and then he tries to use their own cutting tool in comparison.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thats what happened when the Spannish landed on Brazilian territory. Then they brutally slaughtered all the natives. Sad past of our history.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A wonderful example of how ridiculous war is. Neither side here insists their way is right. Rather, they both marvel in the other side's way of life and simply enjoy each other's company. It indicates to me that we are born kind, and that evil and self-centeredness is, unfortunately, taught to us - due to our elder's fears and vanity. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good find......S&F for ya....man, what a sight to wonder.
It's kinda like a scene of when we finally be introduced to the galatic community.
But we will be all "f that, it's an alien, let's shoot it" along with mass panic, religious suicide, survivalist bugging out, robbing and looting......talking about civilized.

edit on 23-6-2011 by the_0bserver85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just WOW.

I have never seen that and thanks so much for posting it.

I think everyone should see this. It is a treasure.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thas amazing,seeing things like this really makes you think,it's kind of like what would happen if an alien tried going near you in your garden or something.
They seemed timid but interested,fantastic video.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I bet they were thinking "damn, you come all the way in the jungle to show us a MIRROR!?!?" "where da bug spray homie!"

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Lol at 10:04! What was on that spoon I wonder? Cocaine from the reaction of the bloke on the other end of it

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Beautiful video that shows you that humans were meant to be a part of the Earth, we are all just animals it's doesn't matter if your white, black, brown, green, or purple.

I don't see the first time they landed on the America's that it was that kind of kindness. My great grand dad years ago told me stories passed down, it wasn't as nice like this vid after they sailed from Cat Island and came unto the coastline into the Chickasawhay river. It wasn't good. But the Chickasaw was the largest group after the Choctaw and they held off their territory for a good while.

But that video is awesome, it shows you that just because you come across something wild, doesn't mean it's evil or means harm just because one doesn't understand the other.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
For those interested Bruce Parry had a TV show where he visits PNG and treks through the bush to get to some mountain they climb. On the way they encounter some tribes man, many actually, but there was some in particular who were ABSOLUTELY afraid of Parry and his crew.

It's certainly an interesting place. And there's still lots of land out there that is practically untouched and would still have this very reaction.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Why do people always take our culture being introduced as a bad thing? If anything that tribe would think of those white people as "gods"

Thats the problem White people are not Gods but feel they have the right to introduce their culture upon anyone they deem uncivilized. Where you find joy and awe I find sadness
edit on 23-6-2011 by magnetik because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2011 by magnetik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
I rarely S&F posts. In fact this is probably only the second or third time that I have. Thanks for sharing.
Some things I noticed:
* They were afraid to even touch the white man at first
* They kept examining his muscles, I wonder if they were thinking about eating him?

* They definitely seemed to find it odd that his skin was white, and his hair was different from theirs.
* They were both afraid of and fascinated by simple things like mirrors, cups, and knives, and of course the tape recorder.
* I think in their language hitting your head means "Mmmm this is good", they sure liked the rice!

Funny, considering just how bland rice is. Should have brought them some jerk chicken or something, their minds would have exploded in awe.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Thank you for posting this.

I've never seen this video before and it was just amazing. I could watch more of that for hours every day.

The fact that these people are obviously peaceful is awesome.

They didn't let their fear drive them to harm others.....they just embraced the new...the awesome....

I love this video and humans potential.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join