It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1976 Tribe on Papua New Guinea meets white man for the first time. BEST VIDEO IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIM

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Amazing, reminds me of the fly-bys they did over the Amazon where they found a lost tribe who, apparently took the plane as a threat and shot arrows at it, anyways thanks for the video S+F

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

amazing..

thanks for the share..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Despite the touching quasi-Native American world music, this is potentially very disgusting.
What is Jean Pierre Dutilleux's motivation?
Some even argue these serial tribal "hunters" have a competitive personality disorder.
They are leaving nothing useful, except for footage that attracts hordes of imitators.
In one sense they are no better then people who come to Africa to shoot an endangered species.
What helpful thing are they leaving these people, while ATS thinks this is so wonderful?
I bet the tribes wish it never it happened, if they knew how it was manipulated for cash they will never see.

In this following BBC documentary it is debated on how and why tribes should be contacted.

One gentleman says it all: It's just like some people go bungy jumping, so others must feel they contacted a tribe.
In New Guinea, a former pro tennis star (Kelly Woodford) now leads people into the jungle, to "contact" supposedly unknown tribes.

It's a shame and disgusting to lure and contaminate people like that.
But fortuantely it's mostly a hoax - wheresoever the rest of the idiots go, Dutilleux has been there before.
Yip, to over 50 tribes (although he might hoax too).
Sickening. It's like human trophies in a sense.

edit on 23-6-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
That for me, is one of the best vids ive seen in a long time. Its hard to imagin that 34 years ago and still today some tribes have not been exposed to civilization.
sometimes I wish it would stay that way but ultimately we all must evolve, absolute stunning vid op.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Absoloutly amazing and compelling video!!

This has got to be the best thing i have seen in a very very very long time...
Thanks so much for posting S&F!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Awesome & very warm video !
The part, when they were touching the white guy skin and hair and then comparing it to they own, made me smile. That what the "first contact" with an alien race probably looked like too.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
So Jean Pierre Dutilleux's film was definately not from 1976, since by his website the tribe was only discovered by whites in 1993, and he mentions the new millennium. The equipment is obviously quite recent too.

Well, he found a clan that hadn't met whites within the tribe.
He left with a lucrative trophy film, and they now have nothing.

How touching.

Here is more BBC footage of a self-styled explorer who pays cash to meet uncontacted New Guinea tribesmen, and is left wondering whether the former tennis star who now offers such "tours" for a living has ripped him off.

Not quite sure who the annoying idiot is this time, but it looks a lot like Mark Anstice, who also lived with the Mek and Kombai tribes in "The World's lost Tribes".
While entertaining, it's a terrible series, where Mark and Olly look exhausted, and carelessly offend the natives at almost every turn.
They should be ashamed, especially when they dropped their tribal Mek penis-gourds after the great privilege of having been given them during an initiation ritual.
Although no real nudity is shown, I first though Mark and Olly looked quite cute, but they soon became annoying:

I mean, they chose to go there as these two fearless explorers, and they disrupted everyone's lives, and then acted like two prissy queens. Their whole discomfort comes from sleep deprivation, because their Western homophobia does not allow them to intertwine their bodies with the others in the men's houses to keep warm and snug at night (according to their own testimony).
At least Bruce Parry is less less disruptive, and never aims to contact uncontacted tribes.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
Amazing video, thanks for sharing.

I fear we'll never see footage like this again in the coming years, sadly.

Brilliant video, I'm guessing our reactions would be something similar if / when extra-terrestrials come for an impromtu visit ... I imagine our expressions would be that of fear and wonderment too.

I think they (the tribes people) showed amazing trust and courage in what must have been a terrifying experience for them initially ... wonderful video OP.

Woody

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

great video! thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
this is a perfect example of the human language without words... no matter race, colour or even the stage of development..
a smile and a nod mean exactly the same thing..

amazing video... S&F..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Wow what a great video to watch when you first get up...that made my day OP thanx so much for posting that.
i have mixed emotions about that in one sense its great that it happened in he other..that tribe will never be the same...they lost their way of solitude life there now. S+F

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I also dont like the idea of showing them a mirror tbh, I know we are all used to them but who knows what kind effect that can have on these people.I for one have looked into a mirror during an OBE and it very stange, perhaps what they see in the mirror isnt exactly how we see it. Anyway I do like the video however I hope they are able to remain how they live without intrusion of the west and just remember it as something new .

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

I thought with the mirror maybe he should have shown it them near water just to show it was a reflection. But yeah the mirror must have looked really strange to them.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
How sad to think the entire Toulambi tribe was almost wiped out by malaria, after their initial discovery in 1993 (although not all clans had seen white men, but there's probably areas of South Africa where the young people haven't seen a living white person).
Let's hope Dutilleux didn't give them a new bug, because he sure gave them nothing else.
Here are some stills from the film.
www.jpdutilleux.com...

I'd still love to know where the OP gets the erroneous date of 1976.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I was thinking the same, aside from the long life expectancy part.

He should not of showed them anything they couldn't have.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
incredible , the fear and shock in their faces and absolute disbelief as he looks at himself then looks at them checking his body !

even loooking in the mirror he was amazed and scared!

I wonder what their shaman said ?

edit on 23-6-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
That was mindblowing! Loved how they kept touching his arms and legs. I presume that was wether to check if he was real or not? The whole mirror and the leaf scene was a amazing xD

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I got the date from the caption below the video on the main page,

(Tribe on Papua New Guinea meets white man for the first time. Filmed in 1976. )

I apologize for the erroneous date. My bad!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

That's OK, I was just wondering.
I've tried to pin down the exact date of the program, but it is not given.
In fact, if I hadn't seen the Tribal Journeys series, I probably would have accepted 1976 as well.
I just wonder why it's so misleading in your source, and one hits a brick wall otherwise.
Something is shady, although the footage itself seems genuine enough.

It is actually very beautiful, and touched me even in the original footage without the music.
But of course, reality always comes around to ruin everything.
I think we know that, being familiar with the first heavenly meeting between Columbus and the Taino, and the horror that followed.
Perhaps that's why we want to hold on to that moment again ... because it seems so full of possibility, almost like a new birth. And this time we might do it all better...

But I could be wrong, and it is from 1976, and they merely updated the film quality and re-released it.
Just a moment in time - but what a moment!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
Loved how they kept touching his arms and legs. I presume that was wether to check if he was real or not?

I think they did that because they thought he got some paint on his skin. The real shocker came after they realized "this ain't no paint".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join