It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1976 Tribe on Papua New Guinea meets white man for the first time. BEST VIDEO IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIM

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I love those people, they are probably the best people on the planet. Innocent and pure.

They have not been corrupted by our modern day, self-centered, consumption society.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The video actually made me feel sad. Watching these people lose some kind of divine innocence.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I actually read somewhere that this video was a fake. In any case, very interesting to watch!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There is a great chance that they all have smallpox, and practice slavery now.

Second line.
edit on 12-7-2011 by rationalistswagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
OP thanks for sharing something so big.. way bigger than all of us. It made me forget about the monkeys in the white house for a short time.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
Wow that was pretty cool. Can you even imagine what was going through their minds? It would be like space aliens landing for us. It was touching to see them touch the white man as if validating he was real.

I think that would be the same experience. Earth is like a "remote" island, and all these more technologically advanced humans contact us, lol! Good thought on that, didnt really link the two....

Us civilized folk do have a way of tainting, exploiting and destroying things in their natural wonderful state.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
And so it all ends, reality as such. These people will be destroyed, what ever became of them? They probably no longer have their lands or hunting grounds, their peaceful exist as a whole. Did you notice how all of the 'things' that man introduced to them were as inconcequential as a book of matches that end or a device which although interesting runs out of batteries soon?

This is a direct link to how humanity has failed itself through technology.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. But just for the benefit of anyone who may not have had it cross their mind (probably not many, if any.)

Look at how amazed these people are by something as simple as a mirror. Matches. A tape recorder.

Now imagine even more primitive human beings, long ago, encountering any culture far more advanced. Hell, it wouldn't even have had to have been extraterrestrials. Just humans sufficiently advanced compared to them.

Is it really so inconceivable seeing this footage that, were the advancement great enough and mind boggling enough to them, they might come in time to view them as gods, regardless of whether that was the intent?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
that was such a good video yeah it was a bit weird the white man giving his hand out but what eles would you do if thats all you know on how to greet people? yeah it might have been best to just leave them be but at least the first white people they meet were nice!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Is it wrong that I kept on expecting this video to end with arrows flying into the camera?

Guess it gives me a little hope that if intelligent life does come down peacefully from the skies one day, that humanity won't just eradicate it out of instinct.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Thank you OP, that was truly awe inspiring and thought provoking.

Seeing that the human race is not allways immediatly hostile to the unknown is a welcome change in this day and age. Combining that with the fact that the smile is an uncontrollable force of nature has really cheered me up. So, thank you again for sharing.

Ahh, finally popped my ATS cherry. I imagine it'll get easier and more rewarding from now on.
I still dont know what all the buttons do though!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is a very powerful video...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by paperface

I'm sorry "my dear", but after reading through the thread(and quite a few of the links including the one you posted) i've seen absolutely no proof at all that this is a fake. It may be a bit suspect, but so is the evidence against it. So, for now, i'm quite happy to accept this as an amizing insight into psyche of ancient man and a beautiful peice of cinimatography.

Save you're inflammatory and patronising comments for someone that believes you, they'll have more effect that way.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by goodsamaritan
Tribes people will have aching rotten stomachs the next day from eating all that RICE.

They'll think they were poisoned.

It could've been worse.. it could have been genetically altered Monsanto Rice..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
**** ATTENTION ****

Stop the insulting and name calling, get on topic.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The tribe these people belong to are called the Toulambi. I saw a documentary on this a few years back and if I remember correctly this contact was made in the early 90's and not in 1976 as reported by the OP.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join