It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member in Japan leaving ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of all the fear mongering, the racist comments - I come on here and it is a constant round of being called Jap, sneaky, cruel, that my kids are going to die, that Im a bad mother because I live here...it goes on and on.

It is just plain wrong, and Im not even allowed to defend myself.

The reason I kept coming here was for the few nuggets of really good information, but it is not worth it, not at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sorry that you feel that way. I didn't realize people were being racist about Japanese people on this forum.
But, I'm sure it's a minority.
We're not all like that.
Is it worth letting stupid people drive you off?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ignore crooks, they are not guilty ..they are brainwashed and non educated .. i bet they dont know where was Japan on map before disaster

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have by no means read every post here so could you please give some concrete examples? I haven't seen anything like that

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThousandIslandSunny

Please reconsider.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Wow I am terribly sorry about that. I would hope no member on ATS would do that. It sounds incredibly unfair. Just ignore people like that I don't feel most people on ATS are like that.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

How do they even know you're Japanese?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThousandIslandSunny
I am sick and tired of all the fear mongering, the racist comments - I come on here and it is a constant round of being called Jap, sneaky, cruel, that my kids are going to die, that Im a bad mother because I live here...it goes on and on.

It is just plain wrong, and Im not even allowed to defend myself.

The reason I kept coming here was for the few nuggets of really good information, but it is not worth it, not at all.

I can understand your feelings but if you group all of us into the racist boat, aren't you doing the same thing as those idiots you are talking about?

Not trying to be a wise@$$ as I do get it. But don't give a few boneheads the satisfaction in seeing that they got to you.

IMO

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I love Japan and the Japanese. The culture is awesome, some of the funniest stuff I've seen has come from Japan and the most important Japanese trait I know and deeply respect, is their respect towards their elders.

That being said, you need to grow up. Life is hard, there are jerks everywhere both online and off. I've been in your shoes and I'm a white European. All you (and anyone else) can do is turn a blind eye to the idiocy of the few idiots on ATS that has treated you ill.

Would you move away from your dream home because your next door neighbors are jerks? Would you sell your car because some jerk said it sucked? No, these are things we just have to live with.

I hope you stay, you'll see that the majority of ATS'ers like Japan and it's people.

link   
The Japanese bashing has been apart of several threads.

I will not point them out.

But, there are some really bigoted remarks.

link   

Wow, people were actually calling you those names on here? Well I'm sure they are banned. The mods here dont mess around. I gotta tell ya, I've encountered no such hatered on this board. A troll or two here and there, but thats to be expected with any message forum. I don't know what kind of convos you got yourself into that people are calling you such things, but maybe this place isn't for you

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

That would be very unfortunate for us here on ATS since every member on the ground and reporting from Japan is important to get information out.

Sorry you feel this way, but try to ignore the posters and the posts you don't like perhaps?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Hello ThousandIslandSunny-

I'm glad you made your own thread on this.
I responded to you in the other thread but it seems more appropriate to put in this one!

I'll just say real quick that not everyone on ATS is in the U.S... Sure, there are super losers in the U.S. who might say those things, but a-holes exist everywhere. I'll bet there might even be a few in Japan. ATS is a big place and it's full of them from all regions of the world (like any web forum), but it's better to laugh at em or ignore them.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You can't fix stupid, and stupid people tend to be the most racist.

Stupidity is THE great equalizer among human beings: it infects every race, culture, nationality, political bent and religious temperament.

Some people are so darned stupid that they don't even know they are being racist or bigoted.

Instead of leaving, hang around and keep fighting the good fight! You bring awareness that is needed.
edit on 22-6-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

top topics

join