It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should parents allow their kids to have sex at home? Your thoughts.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

Say's the sibling that ISN'T getting laid.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
of course they should.
why not? Home is safe. Sex should be safe. Sex at home might be safer than sex in a car.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
"I don't want my kids to do something, but they are defying me and doing it anyway, therefore I should just let them do it safely" -- that is called bad parenting. Making it comfortable and easy to defy your wishes -- why? Because the liberal media told you it's the right choice? Because they want to find a use for those free condoms from school? Sickening.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well, the way I see it is that the parent shouldn't openly condone it, but as long as their kid is well informed on the dangers and proper precautions, they shouldn't go out of their way to stop it.

Of course, this is coming from a 19 year old, and I can safely say that if I had a daughter, she would absolutely not be having any sex in my house.

I think I might just leave this discussion to the older folks.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This is plain creepy.

No kid would ever want their parents peeking through the keyhole just to see if the god damn kid does a "great job" and then gets a time-out in which parents inform said person what he/she was doing good and bad.

No. just no, not in my America.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
You know what is amazing? It seems like parents were almost never children or something. Like, once a certain age is reached all the mischievous stuff you did as a teen is blocked or erased entirely and they adopt the "parental" persona. Teens have sex. Teens had sex when you were a teen OP. Teens will have sex when your current teens are parents and wondering if they should allow their kids to have sex in their homes. It is cyclic and never ending.

Now, on to actually commenting on the topic at hand? Yes, let them have sex in the home, as long as parental consent of ALL parties (ie. all the parents) is in the positive. And drinking too.

Disclaimer: I have no kids.

Lol, parental consent of all parties? "Hi, my son wants to have sex with your daughter in my house. Is this okay with you?"

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
"I don't want my kids to do something, but they are defying me and doing it anyway, therefore I should just let them do it safely" -- that is called bad parenting. Making it comfortable and easy to defy your wishes -- why? Because the liberal media told you it's the right choice? Because they want to find a use for those free condoms from school? Sickening.

You know what my kid did with the first condoms I gave him?
He filled them with various materials and dropped them out the 3rd floor window
"just to see what would happen"

I stand by my choice as a parent to teach them safety.

And it will never be against my wish when he decides its the right time for him

Everyone inevitably has sex - there's NOTHING WRONG WITH IT - it is not evil - it is not immoral

Whats immoral are the ways we're made to feel dirty for wanting to do anything that feels good.
Whats evil is brainwashing our offspring to think they're wrong for having these thoughts and feelings

Anyone who grew up in a religious family can tell you - the guilt is ridiculous and unnecessary - its just one more way to attempt to control you - just think of all those years they made you feel guilty for doing something NORMAL

You should feel outraged.

If it wasn't so looked down upon and forbidden, maybe it wouldn't sell so well.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I have a ten year old daughter to clarify where I am coming from. After reading a bunch of posts I have a couple of things to say. I think after a certain age, it shouldn't be an issue. If my 14 year old daughter came to me and ask, i'd kick her butt and tell her she is grounded for the next 3 years.. if my 16-17 year old daughter came and spoke with me about it, I would probably talk to her and end up saying yes. I believe in open discussion and EDUCATING my daughter to do the right thing. My parents barely allowed me to have boyfriends, they were insanely strict. I am strict with my daughter, but I encourage her to think and question, and she can come to me with anything. It's going to happen whether I like it or not, I would rather know she is safe and protected (in all ways lol) but under 16 I would, quite simply probably freak out. I have two nieces that both had children before the age of 15 and I know they lost their childhood. My daughter and I have discussed when she wants children, and I have honestly told her that having fun, living life and growing up if better to do before you have kids, not after. I had her at 23, and I wouldn't have made it any earlier or later. The society we live in shows and promotes sexual behaviour from a young age.. clothes.. music.. tv.. movies.. You name it, it's there. We can't shield our children from it. Not only that, but heck, we have hormones, its normal and part of nature to eventually want that sort of thing.

I think it comes down to education.. teaching your children to be safe and making sure they understand that having babies early means they get no life and that std are real and can happen to anyone. Educate your children and I think they will stand up to the challenge. Also, as a side note, I would make sure the other parents were aware and accepting of such a thing, it would not be fair to them to compromise how they feel about it (under the age of 18) and make sure all parents are on the same page. It effects everyone, and making sure we all understand, know where we are, and show respect is the way to go.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I cant understand the point. Its not where you have sex that is dangerous, its HOW you have sex. Unless your regular sexual practice is doing it suspended upside down hanging halfway between 2 skyscrapers then i dont see how home is safer. It all depends on safe sex. Teach your kids about wrongs and rights of sex to keep them safe, not just let them root like rabbits cause they are at home!

*Father of one*

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I did it at home. My parents weren't home most of the time. A couple of times I managed to sneak it while they were int he house. At the time I thought it was cool.
I'm sure my daughter will try to do it at home. I'm sure most teens do. As for 'allowed' .... parents say 'no' and kids do it anyways. It's just the way the game works.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Mate, that post sounded like something you would read on a Christian flyer

We are talking teens and sex here, not God.

P.S. When I see girls in mini-skirts I think unholy things

edit on 24/6/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
P.S. When I see girls in mini-skirts I think unholy things

edit on 24/6/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

LOL you're goin to hell
I'll see you there

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If so, parents should teach them proper drug safety because they are going to do drugs anyway.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well they better let their kids have sex in the house, because in this day and age 30 and 40 year olds are STILL LIVING AT HOME WITH MOMMY & DADDY!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I know there was nothing that was going to stop me when I started having sex. So, if I had kids, I would be very open with them and yes, I would encourage them to hang around home for their dates and I would provide protection and education, too. They would know (both my kid and their partner) just what the consequences of sex are and how to prevent them. There's no reason to have all this secrecy around sex. It's so strange.

I was taught that sex is dirty, shameful and to be done secretly... on the other hand, it's a beautiful gift that should be saved for the person you love...
Mixed messages, much? I wouldn't do that to my kids.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
If so, parents should teach them proper drug safety because they are going to do drugs anyway.

Seriously?
You seriously want to compare the risks of drugs to sex?

Sex does not lead to theft, or murder and it sure doesn't lead to brain damage. (edit: I decided that generalizing "crimes" in this sentence was a bad idea)

Impounding senses of guilt and fear so that a teen can't even touch himself to bathe without fearing the wrath of god, IS brain damaging.

Why don't you just try relating to your kid?

If s/he comes to you and asks if they can have sex in the house... only two major things to remember

1. They really trust you - you're an awesome parent - you clearly have had a good communication with your child or NO WAY IN HELL would they be asking your permission. Thats mad respect.

2. Before you freak out on them, remember #1 and act accordingly - go again through the checklist - are you safe, are you sure, is the other person sure, is it ok if I ask the other person?

Most kids will back out by that point. They do not want you interrogating their gf/bf about the night of sex they got planned. If they don't back out, they really mean it - and they're the ones likely to get hurt because they TRIED to have a mature, open, adult conversation with you and you just didn't get it.

If s/he comes to you and asks if its ok to do illicit or controlled substances, YOU CALL A BUS AND TAKE THEM TO REHAB

------------
Tweak: While I do live at home, with my mom, I don't live OFF her - we share a house - we share expenses - it makes for an easier financial living situation when there are multiple incomes. Would it be better if I kick her out and put an ad in the paper?
edit on 24-6-2011 by Forevever because: I wanted to respond to humbleone who posted while I was posting - multi tweaked

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Both are potentially dangerous and both lead to a cheap high and both are things teenagers are pushed into doing. If we resign to the idea that "they're going to do it anyway" might as well teach them safety in both.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Obviously, this has cultural, social, and familial influences which would sway someone to one side or another. It's entirely subjective, and up to the family members how this would play out. I find the question to be ludicrous if offered as anything other than a thought experiment. There is no correct answer.

Personally, I'd allow my kids to get it in under my roof, but would educate them about the disasters of condoms and the pill, and let them know I'd chop my sons head off myself if he impregnated a woman and didn't support her and the child until his last breathe. I'd tell my son to pull out successfully, and my daughter not to sleep with stupid people just in case she got pregnant.

That's about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

who's pushing them to do it by educating that it exists?

the real difference is that Sex is something everyone will do - we're hardwired that way

drugs are just not something everyone is going to do.

I had to edit the crimes cause yes, I'm aware there are sex crimes - debating the actual cause of the crime would take up the entire thread.

Basically you're just ignoring the important part of communication
Do as I say, not as I do

Then we drug them with ritilin so they'll be more compliant.
Never once stop and sit down and look the kid in the eye and just calmly ask "whats the problem?"

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

from a parent point of view...

i had no problem with either the daughter or the son doing their level of sexual experimentation at the time ...

i did remind them both of the new responsibilities that came along with sex acts/love/puppy-love/crushes
~~~ probably so much so.... that all the vicarious excitement was taken out of the 'behind your back' adventure...

i think between my attitudes and the Christian Schools they attended... they got through the first experimental stages without STDs or any other outward sexual hang-ups or perversions that affect many in society

each individual situation is unique--- there is no true---'one size-fits-all' model to follow:
be it the Bible or Koran or whatever

..thanks
edit on 24-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join