It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should parents allow their kids to have sex at home? Your thoughts.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
For people who think they can't stop their kids from having sex. What about stopping your kids from being arsonists? or thief's? It's all on how you raise them. If your teen breaks the neighbors window, who is legally responsible? The PARENT! The way I see it, if a teen gets pregnant/gets some one else pregnant, its the parent is responsible.
Yes kids break rules that's why you have three sets of rules. if they don't have smaller rules they will go straight to breaking the bigger ones.

-----------------------------------

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by aureusleo8

I completely agree with you, teens wasting time on sex and getting into very serious relationships is a bad thing. I commented earlier about my scholastic standards slipping. The reason was actually that I was so involved with a young lady I made it a point to see her instead of take care of myself and education.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Greensage

See I think your example is more a case of not teaching the teen what can happen/helping them to be safe. 2 kids by 18, WOW. To me that is very sad.

I will spell it out for you a little bit more clearly.

He purposely intended for her to become pregnant! He created a Welfare Queen!

You see, being in the Military he is paid more according to the number of dependents he had; he increased that number on our "backs", was paid more per grandchild he was able to produce and "support", and he didn't even have to have them in his home (without the gov knowing). She subsequently lived under the "in-laws" who made out by "anchoring" themselves and claiming dependency as well.

A scam older than...well as old as America has footed the Welfare System. People like my brother look for loopholes in the system to get "pay-outs".

I would imagine that anyone else that allows their sweet innocents to play "adult" in the home are doing the same thing! More babies means more money!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Allow them to have sex at home? Good God no!!
They should definitely have to do it in a cramped back seat of a gremlin like we used to.. ... erm.... well.. no, they shouldnt be allowed, its disrespectful and all.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artanis667
I don't buy for a minute that teenagers "have to and will have sex"...

When they want to, they will. Don't doubt that.

If they feel that you don't approve, they simply will not tell you.

Trying to stop creation because you don't like it is stupid, and has repercussions.

If your teenager wants to have sex and you try and use force to stop them, it will be very embarrasing for you when you find out that they are doing it, and you were the last to know.

Around a year ago, I was over a friend's house and there was a woman there bragging that her 17yo daughter was still a virgin. There were five adults there besides her, and all of us knew she lost her virginity at 15. Was a funny moment.

edit on 22/6/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't mind so long as they are legally married

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I never had any sex in life and i would not do it to wet over my bed. Last time my brother did while i was very young and quite honestly it was wet when i come back. Now i'm older i understand how teenager develop a lot of Adolescence and maturity.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I used to be a mother who had it all planned out. Even before I had children, my children would never drink, do drugs, or have sex before marriage. I would rule with an iron fist when it came to these adult issues. However, many of my views have changed as I have been raising my children. Throughout my kids' lives, I have taken great pains to keep an open line of communication. No subject would be taboo and I have managed to handle some very difficult subjects and questions with grace. One of those issues was sex and my teen daughter. She came to me after seeing the same fellow for many months and informed me that she knew they would have sex soon. We discussed her birth control options and even though she didn't get in to see the Dr. prior to having sex, she and her fellow took all precautions, buying their own condoms until her appointment. They have shown much maturity and have been together for several years now. On the issue of sex at our home, I'm no da%$ fool! I know it happens. I practice "don't ask, don't tell". I don't ask if they do it in her room and she don't tell me either. Now my husband is driven crazy by the possibility of sex happening in her room.(She is his step-child) We just look at things differently I guess. I have learned that there are no absolutes when raising kids. I feel the same as the person who said it's going to happen anyway. That is true. I don't feel disrespected by sex happening in my home by my teen. I'm just glad she respected me enough to come to me and not come home with the unexpected, "Mom, I think I'm pregnant." after a backroad tryst.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

By "Allowing" does this imply a home rule of "hey mom when the socks on the door handle.............."

Or accidentally finding out and pretending you didn't see?

Seems awkward to me. Not that I never had sex at home, just never went out of my way to make it obvious lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Just as awkward when discovering the parents doing it. Back in day when most families + exended families all used to live in one room above the barn.. wonder how we used to 'make babies' then if we had to hide it from the kids. Honestly, it does no good to hide 'life and death' from children and I think trying to hide it and moralize about it is the root of many of our neuroses today. We're far too puritan in north america! Get over it. The almighty meant us to have sex and take pleasure in our bodies. Not saying they or we should watch but sex is a part of life just as much as anything else. Teach the kids about it the same way we really teach them anything, by living. Just my 2c.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
I never had any sex in life and i would not do it to wet over my bed. Last time my brother did while i was very young and quite honestly it was wet when i come back. Now i'm older i understand how teenager develop a lot of Adolescence and maturity.
haha. Just wtf are you talking about. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Honestly, it does no good to hide 'life and death' from children and I think trying to hide it and moralize about it is the root of many of our neuroses today. We're far too puritan in north america! Get over it.
Precisely my thoughts, but put into much better words than my tired mind can come up with right now.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
i really wouldnt care when and where my kids had sex but, i'd be standing right there to give them a condom and birth control first.

sex is human nature and as nike put it, 'just do it'

sex is just sex, its fun and feels good so everyone should enjoy.
edit on 6/23/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This is why it is important to keep embarassing pictures of your child.
Blackmail, showing them to their respective girlfriend or boyfriend.
I also would encourage physical beatings. It lowers their self-esteem and then they won't want to to "that business" in your own home.

Just kidding. Blackmail is illegal.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Huh, if I had kids they´d never be allowed to have sex, not even when they´re 30, not even when they´re married! Because it would be creepy. If they´re of the age of consent then it´s no problem to let them do what they will at home I think, because contrary to popular belief, teenagers are actually human beings with their own thoughts and feelings as well (crazy concept I know, but it is true apparently).

It would make sense to let them have sex at home, it is safer and at least the parents will be keeping informed of their kid´s partners. Just as long as they are subtle and... do not... make... noises.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As gutted as I was to find out my daughter was no longer a virginal flower - to which end I had the usual *OMG am I THAT OLD* nervous breakdown, I decided it was better for her and her boyfriend to be together under my roof, in a safe environment, in the hope they could come to me for any advice - As opposed to wading through old wives tales, hear say or blatant rubbish.

They were very respectful as it happens & thankfully not stupid and DID ask my advice. My daughter got both an implant from the doctor AND tripped across to family planning for condoms when she ran low.
It really wasn't as bad as you think it would be, but in truth I'm not totally comfortable with the idea of my first born having sex at all but I look upon that as quite selfish of me for one reason or another.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm not a parent but I'd prever them to stay under my roof. My mom allowed it too, educated me and told me to be safe etc but she knew if she didnt allow me to I'd do it anyway somewhere else. That's where my gf's parents went wrong. They forbid her everything, nevermind sex. We still managed to find ways around though so the method of forbidding everything just invites for a child to lie and do it anyway.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well I masturbated at home.

It's close?

But then, I was caught and it was never the same again.... the look on mums face..

:/

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

My mom walked in on me and my gf. Was rather embarassing but funny too xD That taught my mom to knock on all doors at all times before entering, so it was a good thing too xD

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

Dear I am done raising children, what I did for my kid worked for me, the lessons I gave them will guide now when they have their own children and I know they will not have children that will embarrass them because of poor upbringing.

Society and children this days have lost a lot of values and the world is a hard place as it is

I am proud of my children, that is all I need.

edit on 23-6-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join