It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe God just touched me!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Yes I understand exactly what you are saying, maybe it was something that my body created for its self but like I said earlier it is how I use the experience that really matters, not if it is true or not. It was a unique feeling and you can only understand it fully by experiencing it in body rather than through description like I have done here. I appreciate everybodys views and embrace them but on this occasion I believe what has happened to me and I also believe I will take it away as a posative influence on my character.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Yes I understand exactly what you are saying, maybe it was something that my body created for its self but like I said earlier it is how I use the experience that really matters, not if it is true or not. It was a unique feeling and you can only understand it fully by experiencing it in body rather than through description like I have done here. I appreciate everybodys views and embrace them but on this occasion I believe what has happened to me and I also believe I will take it away as a posative influence on my character.

There are many good sources to improve your character and increase quality of life outside of theism. Just remember that.

Your choice to believe the non-solid proof of your experience. I personally would require extra evidence(even more than a second person seeing it). It won't be very convincing to other people though.

-
Also, last time someone made a topic about a religious experiance. I mentioned Slenderman, an obviously fictional being, who's actually had sightings since he was made up. A clear example about how our subconscious can make us experience things it gets the notion of.

Shortly after that, while I was taking pictures of my girlfriend(I keep a slideshow of her for my desktop, always adding new ones), well, I didn't see it until after I uploaded it onto the computer and saw from the computer screen.

img38.imagefra.me...

That was standing about 50 feet in the background. I'm not gonna upload the whole picture because I avoid putting pictures of her online without her permission. I did not see anyone there at the time of taking the picture. I could jump to a slenderman assumption, and say I'm ok with leaving it at that. Instead, I acknowledge that I didn't see it on the small phone screen when I took the picture, so I didn't know to look and see if someone was there.

Just an example, of how a personal experience could be misconstrued out of actually nothing.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I am not at all disagreeing with what you are saying. It is quite logical but I suppose these experiences wether made up by the human brain or not are quite convincing and real and I do not see what harm it can do by using it to heal my self and my own mind. If it helps me to re-focus my life for the better,,,,, then so what if it was fake.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It only matters, relevant to you, if it's fake, only if you care if it's fake.

Being conceptually into a religion, I don't disagree with. Choosing a doctrine that you think helps you live better, and deciding the principles are good for you, while acknowledging that the actual stories it's based in may or may not be true. Actually my previously mentioned girlfriend follows a similar mindset with Buddhism.

I personally, haven't found a need for this, reaching into myself to pull out what's best for my life, without an external source telling me. In my mind, I see that as the best way to do it, but that may be biased from my own perception.

But that's going into philosophical topics instead of faith.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

I am not at all disagreeing with what you are saying. It is quite logical but I suppose these experiences wether made up by the human brain or not are quite convincing and real and I do not see what harm it can do by using it to heal my self and my own mind. If it helps me to re-focus my life for the better,,,,, then so what if it was fake.

Don't think it's made up by the brain. Iv'e had these experiences when i didn't see it coming or want them. Everything is a grace, even crying.

I can see this might be alittle too much to talk about in these forums, but Michael, don't disregard what you felt. Feeling is grace.

It usually gradually disappears as we get older or into more sin, pushing God out of the soul.

take care Mike.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I am really glad that you experienced this

it has to be the best feeling

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Amen OP! You're quite special, God doesn't do that for most people. There is a Holy purpose for you, a sanctified anointing your way. I'd be curious to hear about anything else that happens to you, keep us posted.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
You are not alone in this. Some years ago, late in the summer of 1991, I was just about to make a crucial decision in my life. I don't care to go into details, as it was a private thing, but while I was thinking I had decided, and was just waiting for a chance to make my pitch to make it happen, something else happened. It was AS IF someone tapped me on my right shoulder from behind, and it was AS IF someone spoke to me from behind, and to my right, but there was no sound. What was "said" was this: "Hmm, what do you think you're about to do?" It was an impression in my mind, and I can not explain it further, but knowing Who must have spoken, I didn't do what I was about to do. Months later, I found out that I had done the right thing, and knew that I had been protected.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What the OP describes in his offering is EXACTLY how it is when the "Higher-Self" comforts you.

Problem is, if he equates that with the standardized christian Belief-System he will become limited and seek to rekindle the same experience he had before in order to grow.

If on the other hand he works to directly meet the "higher-self" and then work with it, he will grow or awaken to a clearer perception of reality.. even if those who have never experienced such a thing say it isn't so.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
I've felt awe and wonder and great feelings washing over me from just examining nature...and they all came from my brain. They all came from me understanding the intricacies of it all. It was all natural, it had no supernatural component.

The thing you experienced was very likely Connection to Nature.. that Feeling is the energy you resonated with only in those moments.

Your justification for the cause for this experience is the mind using what it knows to fill in the gaps.. and it causes a Disconnection from that good feeling energy.

You can test this yourself by going back to such a natural environment.. again looking at Life/Nature around you .. with no thought activity.. until the Feeling again comes to you. Then think of your explanation of the cause in your mind.. and Bingo the energy will have left you.

If it were only chemical reactions from the brain to cause you to feel so good, then once you begin to think again in a "logical" process the chemicals would still be lingering on would they not? The Feeling would not just vanish, is that so?

Not trying to say you are wrong, only asking you to test and retest for yourself.

edit on 23-6-2011 by Tayesin because: lysdexia

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well I believe in Aliens other worlds and I don't believe in god, but to each his own, peace brother.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

If that's what convinced, you never were one. A skeptic would never take an odd emotional feeling as proof of anything.

No True Scotsman fallacy.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

...how is it a no true scotsman fallacy? I'm not shifting the definition of a skeptic one bit. Skeptics have a certain level of evidentiary requirements for their claims and cannot, by definition, accept personal experience.

Now, I wouldn't claim that this person wasn't an atheist prior, as an atheist is just an individual who doesn't believe in a deity. But to claim to be a skeptic and then to say that personal experience is what changed your mind on an issue without external means of verifying that experience is fundamentally the exact opposite of skepticism.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Originally posted by Tayesin

I've felt awe and wonder and great feelings washing over me from just examining nature...and they all came from my brain. They all came from me understanding the intricacies of it all. It was all natural, it had no supernatural component.

The thing you experienced was very likely Connection to Nature.. that Feeling is the energy you resonated with only in those moments.

What energy? Do you even know what energy is? It's potential for work! How was a potential for work resonating within me. I'm just ignoring the rest because you started out with pure nonsense and the rest is based on this fundamental nonsense.

Now, if you can tell me exactly what sort of energy this is, be it heat or a spinning fly wheel or whatever other form of energy there is, I'll move on from there.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Skeptics have a certain level of evidentiary requirements for their claims and cannot, by definition, accept personal experience.

In your thread about Christians and the NTS fallacy you implied all that was needed was an admission that one was a Christian. Now the tables are turned and a self-described skeptic has said he has abandoned that mentality. You can only offer boundaries for your skepticism, not someone elses.

I highly doubt all self-described skeptics have their dials of skepticism turned to the same degree. You've committed the fallacy Madness. If the OP says they were a skeptic and now says their "burden of proof" for them to change their mind has been met you have no right to judge his beliefs.

edit on 23-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: "of"

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

That's a great testimony, and please don't let all these naysayers convince you it was other than what you truly believe that it was. It is usually at the low points in our life that we reach out to God and ask for His help, and it is at these times that He gives us what it is that we need. For you it was that physical touch, for someone else it might be His voice, for another it might be a warm feeling washing over them. He is always there waiting for us, and now that you have reached out to Him your life will not be the same. You may not ever feel that touch again or hear his voice, but you will feel Him moving in your life.

Also don't be surprised to find that you are now a target. There are dark forces at work in the world and they abhor the Light. They will do whatever they can to extinguish it. Don't try and battle them as that's a war none of us can win, only Christ Himself has the power to vanquish evil completely and the time for that has not come yet. Hold strong to your faith and trust that you will be protected from the attacks.

You may not be a skeptic, but you sure as hell are stupid if you find that to be proof of anything.

Calling someone "stupid" immediately removes all your credibility. If you can't discuss this in a civil manner you don't belong on ATS.

Your argument contains a fallacy- you are presupposing that those feelings do not have a supernatural component when in fact you cannot prove this. You do not know where those feelings come from. They could indeed have a supernatural component, the fact that you don't believe in God is NOT evidence that He doesn't exist, nor is it evidence that your feelings weren't from Him.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
CONGRATS! keep going, it gets even better!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Thanks for posting your experience in this thread. Don't listen to these ignorant people here who are to arrogant to look for God in their life. They wont be laughing soon. You as well as billions of others have felt him. You and I know he is real and thats all that matters.

Always be strong and have faith in God and he will reward you will riches beyond any worldly material things.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I never said that a Christian was anyone claiming to be a Christian, so that's just dishonest. A skeptic is defined by practical terms. There are standards. Sure, there are degrees of skepticism, but to say "I was a skeptic" and then be turned to a belief by nothing more than an unverified, untested, personal experience is positively the opposite of any loose definition of skepticism.

My thread about Christianity fundamentally dealt with the fact that Christians shift their definitions around to suit their needs. The same people I see claiming that Catholics aren't Christians then turn around and say that Christianity is the world's largest religion...even though that isn't the case if Catholics are removed from the equation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join