It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.7 EQ just now in Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Yes they do,I have seen it many times.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
could feel it in hokkaido (which is way north from where it happened)...

the house was trembling for about 30 seconds... around 5am... scary way to wake up and we are so far from it... must be hell again in Sendai...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Apologies, it was Tyler who said two.

And I was just telling you, from right here in Kanto, that there was only one.

For heavens sake.

What is wrong with all of you,do you get off on people suffering here?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Tsunami advisory lifted, NHK report.

Thank goodness for that, last thing Japan needs is more misery.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Thanks for the update,I am glad to hear that!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThousandIslandSunny

Originally posted by ThousandIslandSunny
reply to post by CLPrime

Apologies, it was Tyler who said two.

And I was just telling you, from right here in Kanto, that there was only one.

For heavens sake.

It sounds as though the past events have affected you greatly and from one human being to another, I am sorry that you and your loved ones have suffered.

I think people here are just sharing information about current events which are happening.

It will be wonderful if this recent earthquake really is nothing, and maybe the sharing of this information will put quickly put everyone's mind at ease.

I am really glad that there is a forum like this where information can be shared and received from people like you who are closest to the situation. I wouldn't know where else to go to get information that quickly.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

I appreciate it, and I too come here because now and again there is a nugget of really great information, and feel that perhaps i can help in some way, and help people feel less needlessly scared sometimes.

That said, do you know what it feels like to log on and read 'slitty eyed...sneaky..all going to die of cancer...Jap invasion' etc etc etc? Do you know how angry that makes me feel? I used to love the USA before I read some of the comments on ATS. Seriously, I thought that it wa a great country before I read what people really think on this site. Now I just dont think Ild feel safe to even visit. Ild be too worried someone would tell my kids they are going to die of cancer, or call us Japs, or whatever.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It was temporarily double listed(automatic), with 2 distinct Event ID's from different agency sources. Depth at the time 20 km, then down to 1 with 5.?? km and last revision to 32 km.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by idunno12

I appreciate it, and I too come here because now and again there is a nugget of really great information, and feel that perhaps i can help in some way, and help people feel less needlessly scared sometimes.

That said, do you know what it feels like to log on and read 'slitty eyed...sneaky..all going to die of cancer...Jap invasion' etc etc etc? Do you know how angry that makes me feel? I used to love the USA before I read some of the comments on ATS. Seriously, I thought that it wa a great country before I read what people really think on this site. Now I just dont think Ild feel safe to even visit. Ild be too worried someone would tell my kids they are going to die of cancer, or call us Japs, or whatever.

There are good people and there are bad people all over the world, in every forum, and on every continent.

I have known very lovely and caring people from the United States and I have known very lovely and caring people from Japan. I have also experienced not so lovely people from both countries. Neither experience leads me to judge an entire country based upon that handful of people.

Anonymous forums sometimes foster the very worst kind of shenanigans. People purposely trying to get a rise out of others by posting knowingly controversial comments. Some of them even pretend to be from countries which they, indeed, are not from. Its like little kids who have been given a weekend free from parental observation.

It sounds like you are very sensitive to certain kinds of people and situations right now. All I can say is avoid the negative people and gravitate towards the positive people, and decide to like or leave each person as you encounter them. But I wouldn't write off an entire country based upon a few bad apples.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

i usually check the quake sheet on drudge report, and it showed 2 quakes at different longitudes, then it removed it. is that common with usgs?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

Ya I saw the same thing and screen shot it cause I figured it would disappear..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

There are good people and there are bad people all over the world, in every forum, and on every continent.

but the proportions aren't the same and you guys are really high on bad, uneducated, loud, gross, superiority complex, hypocrisy & pretension in US.

see, i travel a lot & i meet people from everywhere and unfortunately i must say the cool american are so very very few. one here one there, rare, too rare; the cowboys mostly stand apart & don't mix ... even the english are more easy going, open minded & less ego/self-centered on the long count which says it all man, sorry
edit on 23-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Japan is just getting hit with earthquakes left and right...how come this isn't on the news though? I find it kind of odd.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Its the Ring of Fire guys.
very active earthquake and volcano zone.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

reply to post by CLPrime

For heavens sake.

Sometimes I wonder that myself....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My prayers go out to this nation. They are obviously in for so much more suffering. Even to us here in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by PatriotsPride

i usually check the quake sheet on drudge report, and it showed 2 quakes at different longitudes, then it removed it. is that common with usgs?

They update the quake as they know more.
Pretty common.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join