It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec IDs 'snitches' in accused hacker's arrest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

CIA FBI and Congress were not 'hacked' just DdoSed offline for awhile. Not hard to do at all and not as if anything was really ever compromised.

Even what they did to Sony was fairly easy to accomplish, which should give you some pause about entrusting that company with any personal information.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
CIA FBI and Congress were not 'hacked' just DdoSed offline for awhile. Not hard to do at all and not as if anything was really ever compromised.

Even what they did to Sony was fairly easy to accomplish, which should give you some pause about entrusting that company with any personal information.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Their triumphant claims of ''Tango Downing'' the CIA website were not really too much to write home about, considering that all it meant was that people couldn't access the official CIA site for a couple of hours.

A group of 12-year-olds could've accomplished that.

This is why I really don't understand the idea that these groups are government orchestrated.

Our governments will have some serious hackers on board who possess skills far beyond the wildest dreams of these script kiddies.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
From the LulzSec twitter feed:

''The Sun is the s***test UK publication in existence: thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/n… How many times can you use "geek" and "nerd" in one article?''

It looks like The Sun touched a nerve there. Ouch !

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Nothing was harmed, nothing important was accessed... These US agencies and government networks have built in vulnerabilities... Intentionally in some cases.

What good is a trap, if no one bothers to step in it?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Sorry, I was actually just reinforcing what you had said but it came across wrong.

In regard to the simplicity of attacks negating govt. involvement, don't you think it would be in their best interest to make it look like a bunch of skiddies? I think LulzSec is what it claims to be either way.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
From the LulzSec twitter feed:

''The Sun is the s***test UK publication in existence: thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/n… How many times can you use "geek" and "nerd" in one article?''

It looks like The Sun touched a nerve there. Ouch !

next we'll see "tango down" =P

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I dunno, I tend to agree. The article is incredibly poorly written. I guess perhaps they're targeting their main audience, but as someone who can recognise good writing, the LulzSec press releases are far better written than anything I've ever seen on The Sun.

Perhaps you're right, perhaps the article did hit a nerve - but frankly I think it's a terrible article and a terrible publication nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by r129s215
reply to post by Maxmars

All this talk about renegade hackers groups all over the place. Makes me wonder if this is what th FEMA camps were built for.campfema.com...

FEMA camps for hackers???
Death penalty for j-walkers...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, could this be the profit that motivates the story, if there is one?

Perhaps this story was a hastily crafted 'eye catcher' for the readership, filler. It's not like the public is clamoring for this story. The public seems to want to beliee that there is no depth to this. They don't even seem to be tremendously interested in reporting the fascinating subculture from which this 'movement' (if LulzSec can correctly be called that,) came.

It behooves the establishment to characterize this as a hacker gang. And I have wondered why they haven't progressed to calling them cyber-terrorists. I think the reason mught be that if you do recognize this as terror, you have to define the political point of the terrorists and and..., at least our government, wouldn't benefit from the exposure that groups like this have already demonstrated they can provide.

The infamous Cablegate, for example, yeilded a large amount of improperly classified - evidence (I call it) - of everything from appearance of impropriety, to abuses of office. Yet the media has only recognized and reported on dribs and drabs. Prosecution would involve 'discovery' and thus 'disclosure,' hence the crime remains unadjudicated. Not that I expect we'll learn anything about the 'big picture' from all this, I'm sure. But someone will.

So LulzSec operates with beligerent impunity, and the authorities - it appears - has some hapless fall-guy.

..... It's like a soap opera.., without all the romantic crap.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
You don't mess with hackers. Regardless of if they're egotistical or not. Every single piece of information about you, and your family and your dog. Is on the internet. And its easy to find with the tools and the know-how.

Sure you do.

Sysghods do it all the time. Seriously. If they annoy the sysadmins enough and you have one who hangs out at Defcon, they can put a nice splat on the hacker. Yeah, they'll eventually be back (and we know this) but they're not the invincible meisters they think they are.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
When I read that Sun article I almost got the impression they were goading LulzSec into attacking them so that they could write up some exclusive on the matter. I would not put it past that publication, or any other for that matter.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Well, could this be the profit that motivates the story, if there is one.

Perhaps this story was a hastily crafted 'eye catcher' for the readership, filler.

That's the feeling I get. Plus the braggadocio factor isn't really believable.

They don't even seem to be tremendously interested in reporting the fascinating subculture from which this 'movement' (if LulzSec can correctly be called that,) came.

Others, however, do study them. So far, the "movement" seems more like mouthy teenagers. There's a real difference in the behavior of LulzSec and (say) the really really old and long gone Cult of the Dead Cow.

It behooves the establishment to characterize this as a hacker gang. And I have wondered why they haven't progressed to calling them cyber-terrorists.

Because they're more noise than hack-eriffic skilz?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Keep your eyes on these guys:

Team p0isoN

They're claiming they'll take down Lulzsec.

thedroidguy.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by purplemer

Nothing was harmed, nothing important was accessed... These US agencies and government networks have built in vulnerabilities... Intentionally in some cases.

What good is a trap, if no one bothers to step in it?

evidenlty the traps were not that good, i dont see them caught.. nor where they all simple Ddos atacks...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

sites were defaced, information was removed and information was eradicated...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
War between ANON and lulzsec has begun.
Anon stated the other day if im correct that people should assist the FBI and feds in locating lulsec.

Think, if an ANON member was captured the last thing he would do is admit he's anon.
This captured person isnt lulsec.

lulzsec (the government) gave him up hoping the real anon would declare war publically and hit lulsec.

he's probbaly just a patsy and has no affiliation with either.

1. It gives the feds/lulsec an opportunity to track them and find them
2. It makes anon look bad
3. it makes lulsec look like the victim
4. it makes lulsec a homebrand name ,and anon unique

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Actually the last I read on both LulzSec and Anonops twitter accounts they were joining forces. SHould be interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
lulzsec vs anon is the hidden reality.
lulzsec + anon is the public display

Firstly, a few days ago there was a report of Anon stating they'd assist the FBI in locating people associated with lulsec and the sega/sony hack, that news article appears to have vanished from google searches. If anyone can recall it and throw me a link, much appreciated.

3 days ago:

Hacker group LulzSec has begun publicly attacking hacker group Anonymous, an action that could lead to a civil war of sorts between the two hacker groups that have similar origins.

venturebeat.com...

3 days ago

Over the weekend, LulzSec has seemingly finally moved away from being in it "for the lulz" and has acquired a cause: it has announced it has teamed up with Anonymous and other "affiliated battleships" and that it is launching "Operation Anti-Security".

Where is anon?

I wouldnt trust the twitter accounts from anon any more either. They seem to be very quiet, and very pro'lulsec.

Going from a group who used twitter extensively to declare things, they've been rather quiet of late.

There's also a lot of conflicting information at the moment, most people are taking as gospel

Example:

June 2nd - ANON
anonops AnonOps
#SONY DO NOT UNDERSTAND? IT WASN'T US. U ARE INCOMPETENT > goo.gl... #anonops We are not criminal, we fight for #internet freedom

Yet sony says
www.computerandvideogames.com...

Sony that Anonymous is the party responsible for the online assault last month over Sony’s precious customer data. After all, Sony Computer Entertainment Chief Kazuo Hirai did mention in a letter to Congress that his company discovered a file named “Anonymous” on a Sony Online Entertainment server, but he did not venture further by levelling an accusation at the hacker group.

And apparently, Anon says this

"The case has been dropped. In the eyes of the law, the case is closed, for Anonymous it is just beginning," the collective said in a new video.
"The attacks on the websites of Sony have been ceased. Sony's poor attempts to explain the system outages through maintenance amuse us. Therefore we are finding other ways to get Sony's attention."
According to the statement, the group isn't pleased with Sony acquiring the IP addresses of people who have viewed videos of PlayStation hacking techniques on social network sites such as YouTube.

So, early on ANON says it wasnt us.
Anon teams up with lulsec
Sony blames ANON
Anon then come out and admit they are looking for OTHER ways to continue attacking Sony. .. strange!

and yet, if you look on lulsec's site they clearly posted admission long ago of them being the Sony attackers.
lulzsecurity.com...

02/06/11
Sownage™ press release | http | torrent
Sownage™ summary | http | torrent
Sonypictures.com AutoTrader users database | http | torrent
Sonypictures.com Summer of Restless Beauty users database | http | torrent
Sonypictures.com Sony Wonder coupons database | http | torrent
Sonypictures.com Sony Wonder music codes database | http | torrent
Sonypictures.com Seinfeld Del Boca Vista database | http | torrent
Sonypictures.com database tables | http | torrent
Sonybmg.nl partners & admins database, + layout | http | torrent
Sonybmg.be users database | http | torrent

Things arent adding up.

Then we have sega.

"Sega Corp joins the ranks of video game companies to be hacked in recent time with one small twist, it seems LulzSec was not behind this one. They reached to Sega's official twitter account and offered to destroy the hackers that attacked them. From the article: 'In its offer to assist Sega, the Tweet from Lulz hinted that its leaders might count themselves among a small but highly loyal group of gamers who still play on the aging Dreamcast console. "Sega - contact us," Lulz said in its Tweet to the video game developer. "We want to help you destroy the hackers that attacked you. We love the Dreamcast, these people are going down."'"

lulsec apparently offerend to find the hackers and destroy them.

But, lulsec hit Nintendo, Sony and online gaming servers, yet not Sega, and using the very flimsy excuse
'' we play dreamcast ''... well it doesnt make sense.

then we have the consesus hack from the UK

"Hacking group LulzSec has poured cloud water on claims that it had stolen UK Census data and was preparing to release the records. 'Just saw the pastebin of the UK census hack. That wasn't us — [y]don't believe fake LulzSec releases unless we put out a tweet first,' the group said from its official Twitter account."

Someones obviously blown the whistle here and accidently declared '' dont believe fake lulsec releases ''
Meaning someone out there is setting them up to go down, someone with the ability to HACK the UK government

and it looks like the essex kid they arrested, wasnt as heavily involved as some believed.

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
Ryan Cleary charged with botnet-related crimes unrelated to LulzSec: t.co... "November 2010", etc.
5 hours ago

but the question is, APPARENTLY lulsec gave this kid up for leaking stuff from lulsec.
latimesblogs.latimes.com...

The hacker group LulzSec posted the identities of two people it claimed had snitched on it and provided information that may have led to the arrest of a teen hacker in England.

"These goons begged us for mercy after they apologized to us all night for leaking some of our affiliates' logs. There is no mercy on The Lulz Boat," the group said on PasteBin Tuesday.

.... so wtf the is happening, and would the real group please come forward.

Now, take note of the wording in this news article

The arrests come amid a seeming increasing of hacking activity among groups such as LulzSec, also known as LulzSecurity, and Anonymous, as well as others -- such as the unidentified groups that have hacked the IMF and Sega.

lulzsec, also known as lulsecurity and anonymous

The media just made them out to be one group.

What does this all mean?
Who the hell really knows.
There's obviously a concerted effort at confusing the people with the media reports as to who is the real deal, and who' is the real threat, how many groups there are etc etc.

Anon, went from seemingly being an anti government/nwo platform and advertising this fact.
Admitting they were and wanted to attack the Fed, the banks, the curropt ceo's etc etc

When they have lulsec appear, and are seeminly hell bent on attacking all things public and fun.
Sony, Nintendo, Fox....

We then have anon going quiet, while lulsec declares a merger

We then have shady happenings with the FBI capturing lulsec members.. whom lul sec say arent members ,while at the same time lulsec admitting they gave up 2 of its own for internal attacks.

Whats most worrying though is the below post from lulsec today:

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
We're hoping to have Operation Anti-Security Payload #1 ready by Friday.
8 hours ago

Its a massive cyber war being waged... and we are the pawns being influenced.

Unfortunately, there's no telling any more.. anything from this point forward that DOESNT greatly effect the NWO, the FED or the banks needs to be considered a false flag cyber attack.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Maxmars

Cult of the Dead Cow.

Wow that was Nostalgic to say the least. Damn, wherever did the years go. Oh how I miss the likes of groups like cDc, 2600, Electrohippies, Toyztech, FRA, EDT. Now those were hactivists just to name a few.

"Nostalgia brings me back in the days when I was young, I'm not kid anymore. But nostalgia makes me sit and wish I was a kid again."

edit on 22-6-2011 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join