It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec IDs 'snitches' in accused hacker's arrest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

LulzSec IDs 'snitches' in accused hacker's arrest

news.cnet.com...

Hacker group LulzSec has posted the names of two people it accuses of assisting in helping track down a teen suspected of being the notorious group's mastermind.

The post, signed by "LulzSec Security" and addressed to "FBI & other law enforcement clowns," includes the two men's home addresses as well as aliases, IM screen names, IP addresses, and in one case their phone number and date of birth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It appears that LulzSec was not 'crippled' or even 'phased' by the law enforcement's media-supported victory by arresting alleged members.

What's worse, the people who somehow decided to help the law enforcement action are now being victimized for their complicity in what they seem to take as a 'betrayal.'

"These goons begged us for mercy after they apologized to us all night for leaking some of our affiliates' logs," the group said in post today on Pastebin. "There is no mercy on The Lulz Boat."

The amusement continues.....

news.cnet.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Arghhh these guys. Drama queens and for what? Im a bit confused, as an avid gamer, to what these attacks pertain to as important to the betterment of society. I see ego here and maybe some disgruntled gamers for some reason, but very little to be envied or applauded. Keep us updated on this soap opera

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You don't mess with hackers. Regardless of if they're egotistical or not. Every single piece of information about you, and your family and your dog. Is on the internet. And its easy to find with the tools and the know-how.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
if they all came from 4chan, what do you expect? being a /b/tard once upon a time, this mentality doesn't surprise me one bit. They have the tendency to even turn on "their own" just for the "lulz". With all the controversy behind lulzsec and anonymous, honestly it's just internet drama to create attention. THAT or government officials are pretending to be anonymous and launching operations to further take control of the internet.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I bet, now, whats going to happened is - those two individuals, going to be arrested, interrogated and offer a plea deal, if they will give up the names of the rest of the Lulzgang, which they will and even if they don't know the real names, addresses etc. - the info FBI will get from this people, going to help them to catch the rest of the group.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ryan Cleary charged with botnet-related crimes unrelated to LulzSec: t.co... "November 2010", etc.

Ignorant press have failed to realize that actual authorities - i.e. Scotland Yard - didn't imply in the slightest that Ryan was LulzSec.

Interesting - they charge him with the SOCA attack, maybe he hit SOCA after we did? It was suspiciously down again after we let it up.

thr twitter feed
twitter.com...#!/lulzsec

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
You don't mess with hackers. Regardless of if they're egotistical or not. Every single piece of information about you, and your family and your dog. Is on the internet. And its easy to find with the tools and the know-how.

You also don't mess with three letter US government agencies... They will find you, if they want to.

They have quite impressive hackers of their own.

Of course, they will forever remain Anonymous.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's also noteworthy that LulzSec has taken center stage.... and Anonymous seems to be fading into the shadows.... Makes me wonder....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by AzureSky

You also don't mess with three letter US government agencies... They will find you, if they want to.

They have quite impressive hackers of their own.

Of course, they will forever remain Anonymous.

Haha an anon member posted the following in whyweprotest after browsing a post.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a59edc22fa15.gif[/atsimg]

saved the image cause I thought it was interesting. The thing is, Anonymous is actually a great if not...perfect tool to carry out operations and even if they are the ones doing the damage, the fingers will be pointed at users of the net. Its a double edge sword to being anonymous. I would have expected thousands of arrests, but only 30 -100 total the past 5 years?

Its the same with illegal drugs and the wars, They dont want to win the wars, they just want to make profit. The question is, how are they profiting from anonymous?

Edit: Note click view image to view full image.
edit on 22-6-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Can someone just fill me in so I am up to speed.

Which came first Anon, or Lulz ???

Probably a stupid question, but then I have only heard of lulz recently, so are they fairly new ???

Sorry to be stupid, but if I don't ask, I will not know

edit on 22-6-2011 by solargeddon because: omg typo city

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

Which came first Anon, or Lulz ???

is this a trick question?

Second line lol

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I hope not, I think Anon came first, and I assume lulz is just an arm, but seriously I'm in the dark here, please fill me in.

I didn't say it was a stupid question for nothing you know lol

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You also don't mess with three letter US government agencies... They will find you, if they want to. They have quite impressive hackers of their own. Of course, they will forever remain Anonymous.

If they have such good hackers you think they would be able to protect their home base a bit better. CIA hacked, FBI hacked, Congress hacked... Yep these US hackers must be some kind of special forces,,,

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I hope not, I think Anon came first, and I assume lulz is just an arm, but seriously I'm in the dark here, please fill me in.

I didn't say it was a stupid question for nothing you know lol

Anon came first by a long shot...lulz security is a very recent event....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
It's also noteworthy that LulzSec has taken center stage.... and Anonymous seems to be fading into the shadows.... Makes me wonder....

There are still active anon operations. Lulzsec have taken the centre stage atm, there is a time and place for all things...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Thank you for your timely response

I thought that was the case, but not 100%.

A star for your kindness

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Not a stupid question if you don't keep up to date on internet shenanigans. Anonymous was there first, LulzSec is fairly recent.

Anonymous is hard to define. The group used to do things for fun, with no real rhyme or reason but since the Scientology raids have switched over to a more moral based game plan for the most part. LulzSec seems to be trying to recapture the fun loving crazy side of Anonymous.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

All this talk about renegade hackers groups all over the place. Makes me wonder if this is what th FEMA camps were built for.campfema.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
If they have such good hackers you think they would be able to protect their home base a bit better. CIA hacked, FBI hacked, Congress hacked

How many of those were actually ''hacked'', though ? As opposed to having their official, public facing website DDoS'd...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join