It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the outcry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Maybe I'm jumping the gun here. Maybe I'm being a bit reactionary, not considering the fact that I probably pay closer attention to recent events than my friends.

That being said, still I need to know.... What happened to the anti war crowd? In 2004, I could ask any of my dyed in the wool democrat friends why they hated Bush so much. The answer, overwhelmingly, would be THE WAR.
They were right, of course. The United States was invading other countries under the guise of national security, using a false flag event to flout dominance over an entire region.

The way things are headed now (boots on the ground in Libya? An amphibious assault on the Syrian beach head? What the heck is going on in Yemen? What about Pakistan?), we will surely see the bloodshed escalate. Untold thousands dying, and further economic peril at home. How can our country's actions continue to be seemingly ignored?

Is the anti war left asleep at the wheel? I'm sick of fighting this thing alone. It's time for liberals to step up and forget about what "party" is in office and look at their true actions.

Could it be that they never really were against war to begin with? Has the two party paradigm irreparably damaged this country's ability to think critically?

I mean, it's only World War Three for crying out loud.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wheels

That's because all the Obama voters doesn't ever complain about their "master".
OOooooiiink!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wheels

I feel your pain my friend. The anti-war crowd is still here. In fact I saw a protest in Culver City just the other day (albeit not many people were there). I think people are scared and becoming more and more cynical, looking at war as if it is the norm, peace being naive, and fear being a constant companion.

I think there is so much tragedy and it is making people emotionally drained. Just continue to be a "beacon of light in the darkness" all those who recognize that light will gravitate towards it.

Keep fighting the good fight brother.

Peace, Love, Tolerance, and Compassion be with you.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I see it all around me too. They are so blinded by their adoration of Obama and their hatred for Bush that they can't see the only "change" that happened is more war and far more deficit. They are blinded by party loyalty. When I point out that Obama is merely Bush's third term they can't come up with any other argument besides the idiotic "racism" accusation.

We need to overcome this two party illusion and realize that they are all on the same team. American citizens appear to be the "enemy" of both democrats and republicans...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wheels

The "Two-party System" only exists on paper.

It is one big party. Only separated by who's in office and who's a lobbyist.

These thieves make more money in the private sector.

When they actually get elected it's a giant pay cut.

It's a wink and a nod system. Only we "Sheeple" think there are two party's.

It's really time to remove every single person in Office.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i was saying the same thing yesterday.I was in support of the Iraq war 8 years ago but know i am against all these wars.Why do we have to police the world.Our government sucks if they had a vote most conservitives would bring the boys back home as well.War is hell for all involved it is a waste of life and supplies.I am 911 truther know and see what this is doing to the World.We dont even need congress to approve these attacks WTF.Obama was supposed to end these wars and he is out of control change is for the worse

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I grow weary of the Democratic vs Republican rhetoric. If this argument were true "There are no war protests because the protestors are Obama Democrats." Then one needs to ask "Where are the Republican war protestors?" Are all Republicans war mongers?

I know no one who is or was a "war protestor" so I can't answer the question. I do think the Democrat vs Republican nonsense is a red herring. I live in a predominately "Republican" district in California. I find most of my neighbors are disgusted with BOTH Democrats AND Republicans, most are staunchly anti-war as well. As sad as it is I hear more and more voice sentiments like "I feel sorry for our kids, how did this country got so messed up". Common wisdom seems to be "keep a low profile and don't draw attention to yourselves", most I know FEAR our Government. I know I certainly do.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would never defend Bush, but at least he followed the War Powers Act.

Obama continues to thumb his nose at the law. Of course, we should all know by now that these guys aren't really pulling the strings. The Bankers are calling the shots, and the rules don't matter anymore.

Puppets or not, how do these guys sleep at night?

I can't take much more of this.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FrenchOsage

You're spot on in regards to the republican democrat debate, and I own a deli that allows me to talk about the day's news with my regulars and they respond in the same manner as your neighbors.

My question... Why do we fear them? We outnumber them. I get scared sometimes, too. But why?

Why do we feel alone in our beliefs?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You're not being reactionary.

Fewer and fewer people every day are becoming less apt to even speak of these things in mixed company.

Oh! That's right! 'Never discuss religion or politics in mixed company'. How convenient for TPTB...
Never discuss the most power-hungry structures in the world with other people...It's analigous to a womanizer not wanting his current girlfriend to talk at length with his last one; she'll find out all of his little exagerations and fibs (and, of course, any actual terrible lies he may have told)

I'm terrified of the gov't, and the powers they wield so abusingly.

Only people that are earning a good living have any reason for things to remain the same. Let me please qualify that: only the truly wealthy have any love of this world, AS IS.

Anything you or I love; our family and friends, music, art, hobbies...are not a function of politics.

Seeking to end hunger and poverty is seeking to drain the mega-rich...

...just my opinion, y'all.
edit on 6/22/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: to add

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Nobody cares cause it's not that big of a deal. The U.S. military is almost always involved in a conflict somewhere and right now it just happens to be in the Middle East. Why you think we are in ww3 is confusing as there is nothing similar to a world war at the moment.

Every conflict America enters there are always people who link it to world war 3 or the end times and it simply passes and we move on. This will be no different. You can hate the conflicts and think they are mistakes but you shouldn't extrapolate things that are not happening from them.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wheels

Totally agree- I have many Liberal friends who were screaming for years about how Bush and Republicans were evil warmongers just short of Hitler- and now- hmmm what's that Simon & Garfunkel song? "The Sounds Of Silence"?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Great thoughts and a great post. I really didn't even think about this until reading this post and it is dead on. I can really remember how there were national protests about the war when Bush was in office but now that Super-Obama is in office, there seems to be no anger towards the wars we have engaged in now that Obama is in office. Interesting....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Liberals are far too busy eroding our freedoms atm to give a shiney polished digestive nut about the war.

top topics

join