It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major event about to unfold before your eyes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
HAARP is set to maximum power to cause maximum destruction. 2 Nuclear plants, this gigantic damn, and troop movements all over the country.

theintelhub.com...

Keep your pants on people.

Its like the four bloody horsemen. So much stuff happening and its not being reported, im fed up and scared, and im not even in the usa.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is truly disturbing. I hope this dam doesn't fail. Thousands will be affected. I can't believe the government just sitting there not doing anything about it!!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Those are in Nebraska.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Two United States nuclear power plants are on alert and President Obama has declared emergencies in Nebraska's counties where the two nuclear stations are both experiencing "unusual events." The official emergency declarations apply to both counties where the nuclear facilities are threatened with flood waters. Red Cross closed its emergency shelter at Fort Calhoun, home of one of the nuclear facilities, and is now referring and transitioning evacuees to other shelters. Red Cross is due to assess Fort Calhoun when conditions permit.

"Massive flooding along the Missouri River has put Nebraska's two nuclear plants, both near Omaha, on alert," reported Amy Goodman for The Guardian on Wednesday.
reply to post by CLPrime

www.examiner.com... ghts-in-national/project-flood-nuclear-alert-obama-red-cross-declare-emergencies

Considering the fact that there are six dams on the Missouri, all full, all in various states of disrepair, with more snowmelt and rain on the way, and that if any one of them faills it will likely cause a cascade failure downstream, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume a major disaster is likely.

We've dodged a lot of bullets weatherwise the past few years. Our luck's run out: we walked into a machinegun burst this year.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Quit being so thick head and do some research. Fort Peck is on the Missouri River upstream from Nebraska.

I do not think you are realizing the huge implications. If this fails upstream it is going to send a Inland Tsunami down the Missouri and all of the major dams along the Missouri river are going to pop like balloons. Causing massive flooding including the Nuclear plant in Nebraska.

-Kdial1

edit on 22-6-2011 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Glasgow is in Scotland, in the UK.

The map he linked was for the UK & Ireland.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by works4dhs

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
I feel like I am behind the iron curtain I swear. If not for this site and dedicated posters this would be unknown to me! I am now more then alarmed by what we are not hearing from the media. I never remember feeling quite this way in regard to what we are not being told. Why are we NOT being told what is going on. This is not China or the former USSR but you would certainly think so! Thanks for posting.
edit on 22-6-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

that's our media establishment for you. compare this to how much time/effort they put into Sarah Palin's emails, or this stupid Anthony trial (who CARES?!) floods and extreme weather barely get a nod. the Weather Channel often provides more useful info than the alphabets.

Amen but can somebody answer my question, I'm in North Illinois. Am I f -ed ?

My question is how close are you to the Missouri River or any river for that fact? If the dam mentioned above break the water would cascade down flooding other rivers as well as into other dams causing them to break as well. Communities downstream all the way to the Gulf would be faced with multiple inland tsunamis. Governmental bodies have allocated trillions of dollars for all kinds of projects over the decades (many of which have no money trails, go figure) but yet they failed to keep up the country's infrastructure, how insane.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

well I hope you manage to dodge it again this year and have some breathing space to fix what is broken..

I can not imagine the devastation this would cause should one of those dams go..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I do enough research to know that the plants in Nebraska are 750 miles from the Fort Peck Dam. This after numerous turns, including one from east to south, in North Dakota. I'd be surprised to see much more than a rise of a few feet at the Nebraska plants.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hibachi
This is truly disturbing. I hope this dam doesn't fail. Thousands will be affected. I can't believe the government just sitting there not doing anything about it!!

Millions would be adversely affected. Well a part of me believe as you do, how can the government just sit there. However the other side supplies the answer, the government is composed of people and those people who are the decision makers have their hinnies covered, the average Joe don't.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

Glasgow is in Scotland, in the UK.

The map he linked was for the UK & Ireland.

I know this, that's why I told him. I really want to run out of the house screaming, with no money. We're done.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Apparently you did not watch the video in my OP. and are not understanding the huge implications of what would happen if this dam failed. I warned you, and that is all I can say, if you cannot comprehend the implications of this well I am not going to spell it out for you any longer.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by kdial1

I do enough research to know that the plants in Nebraska are 750 miles from the Fort Peck Dam. This after numerous turns, including one from east to south, in North Dakota. I'd be surprised to see much more than a rise of a few feet at the Nebraska plants.

Communities are already under water from flooded rivers and any additional input from lets say a dam the size of Fort Peck would make for a monstrous rise in water levels.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Its like the four bloody horsemen. So much stuff happening and its not being reported, im fed up and scared, and im not even in the usa.

I know I shouldn't laugh...but....

Everything is going to be ok! They have Bruce Willis on stand by to help them shoot down the incoming aster.....

Oops, probably shouldn't have given you more to worry about!

st.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

im sure ulle find its a

10 Day Weather Forecast for Glasgow, Montana, United States

im almost certain , unless ive gone mad

*skips onto waterskies and jumps shark at that ole rustic nearly to be downriver Dam*

och aye so i am

paddedcellBox

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

He's making quite the leap between "Garrison Dam failing" and "flood reaches Missouri." The entire Lake Peck reservoir spread out over the length of the Missouri River would increase the water level by about 10 feet. But, it's not that simple to get flood waters from Montana to Missouri, between multiple other dams in the way (which, I know, he's saying could fail, too) and the natural topography of the land.
A much more likely scenario would be the complete inundation of north-eastern Montana and western North Dakota, as well as, perhaps, some of South Dakota. Beyond that, it would probably be not much more than a flooding along the immediate coast of the river, which, by the time it reaches the nuclear power plants in Nebraska, would be almost unnoticeable.

The failure of the Fort Peck Dam would be disastrous enough, it doesn't need to be hyped up to "Biblical proportions" by the addition of nuclear power plant failures and the obliteration of the entire central US.
edit on 22-6-2011 by CLPrime because: Nevada = Nebraska

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I wish I was as optimistic as you are. I live only a couple hour drive from Omaha, and I can tell you that any more water in that area, or my area, and we are in for a world of hurt.

If that dam gives way we are going to see more than just a small rise down river. It will wipe out large outlaying areas and absolutely deluge the smaller rivers and streams that wind throught these areas! It will cause widespread flooding even if their isn't a tsunami that wipes us out first.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Have you looked at any images of the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant lately?

The plant is an island at the moment and that situation isn't improving any time soon. The water laps the base of many buildings there, so even an inch or two more will create problems, much less ten feet or so. If any of the dams fail, the water behind it will follow the river's course because...duh...the terrain channels it that way, that's why the river is there in the first place.

...and if any one dam fails, all those below will be overtopped and fail in their turn.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

There are not any nuclear plants in the state of Nevada. Also, water from the upper Midwest would not affect Nevada.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by CLPrime

...and if any one dam fails, all those below will be overtopped and fail in their turn.

Not necessarily.

Besides, I would expect the Fort Calhoun plant to fail whether the Fort Peck Dam breaks or not. Both are on the edge... the failure of one would be hard to blame on the failure of the other.
The flooding, itself, from the Fort Peck dam break, I would expect would be minuscule in Nebraska compared to eastern Montana and western North Dakota, especially. If both happened together, I would consider them two separate disasters.

But, then, that's me. I'm safe here far away from both potential disasters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join