It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddlers in Tiaras

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks all of these moms should be strung up by their heels?

These people put their kids through some horrible things just so they can feel good for having a "pretty" daughter, even with fake hair, fake teeth, spray tans, etc.

What kinds of sickos ever sanctioned this?

I see clips of this thing on The Soup on weekends, and I just have to wonder, who would do this to their kids? Really..get another hobby!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think my sister was in one of those pageants when she was younger( were in Canada)(Pageant was 12years ago); but it was never to the extent of what lengths (extreme at that) they go to today.

I saw the Pictures of when my sister was in the pageant and they didn't use make-up then i think just a dress etc...

But today i seen some things on T.V and they try to portray the little girls as a sex figure almost; at-least it seems

I suppose this is all part of getting people used to the increasing leniency towards sexuality.

But personally doing this and/or portraying this on/at young children is not right.
edit on 22-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes it is sick. Parents taking advantage of their children, and basically brainwashing them to believe it is in their best interests.

Just like that mom who was giving her kid botox (dont know if that story was proven to be a hoax or not) but that little girl thought that she was getting wrinkles and getting old.

There should be some laws passed about exploiting your child for financial gain.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

No, you're not the only one that thinks those moms should be strung up by their heels... I despise this show and the people that participate in them.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's borderline child abuse through the complete destruction of the child self esteem and outward projection. The emphasis that this show and it's participants place on a false sense of glamour (i.e. fake hair, fake tans, fake everything) is detrimental to the pure essence of femininity and inner beauty.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That show is absolutly disgusting. I'll be channel surfing and come across a commercial for it and I just cringe!
Its disgusting , distasteful, disrespectful, dishonerable, and many many other "dis" words I cant even think of.
Horrible egocentric mothers that have more money than brains.
Its sad.....when these girls are older they will be in the little mis psychiatrist pagent.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I agree with you. Too much parental ego projection. Reminds me of dog shows to be honest. Only worse because it teaches A CHILD a totally warped view of reality. But haven't stage mom's been around since the stage? I wonder the results of a long term study of participants over the course of their life times. It would be interesting to discover if they eventually grow up to resent their parent for this, or just embrace the lifestyle themselves?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Am I the only one who thinks all of these moms should be strung up by their heels?

Nope, I think the same thing. Back when my god-sisters where younger they participated in pageants (almost 20 years ago). Back then I remember the major concerns for them was pretty dresses, hair and makeup. So when I saw a preview for Toddlers & Tiaras I decided to watch an episode to see what the pageant circuit was like now. Wow, was I shocked!

One of the moms was giving her 6 year old Red Bull, then complained that she wouldn't sit still.

One of the judges stated that she looks for a good tan! On 5 year olds!

And I won't even start on the teeth! I'll be here ranting all night.

But the worst part was at the end. One of the little girls, she was 5 I think, did not win anything in her age group. This upset the mother so much she left the room. So as the over all awards where being handed out, this little girl was standing there with no support as she realized she didn't win anything. I wanted to reach through my TV and cause that "mother" harm! To me that just reaffirmed that these mothers are only out to stroke their own egos.

OiO

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
No, you're not the only one. Here's a thread that I authored a while back on this very topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I watched it once as I was channel surfing and I found this show and was mortified!

I saw a mother waxing her young child's eyebrows (and women would tell you, they hurt!) and the child was crying. Like how is this not some form of cruelty? Children having their teeth whitened, dying their hair, spray tans... it's disgusting.

I think TLC should be ashamed for airing that show.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Talk about promoting shallowness

There's nothing wrong with little girls wanting to be princess, etc......but these parents just take it way to far with the make up, fake eye lashes and spray tans

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I refuse to even watch it! As each person is a new rating for them making the show that bit more popular!

They really need there heads read! these mothers and fathers making there children get up at 4am for hair and make up is truly horrible,

A little girl should just be pretty without all that grown up crap on there faces, and flippers in there teeth,
there is soo much time for these little girls to be grown ups and get into the world of modeling when there able to make there own choices,

I hate shows like this and i feel for the kids who dont know any better who are a victim of this "pageant" stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It is really horrible, and the kids don't even have a choice as to whether they want to do it or not (or are basically brainwashed into doing it). In most of the episodes you see crying children upset because they don't want to be spray tanned, or go up on stage. Once they find out they haven't won they look miserable and think there's something wrong with themselves.
The stage parent (usually the mum) shows the strong desire for the kid to win, probably to fill in her/his own dreams.
It's just cruel.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Come on guys. This show is a huge hit... with pedophiles.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. My wife's brother who is currently in prison was telling us about how they would catch people jerking off to that show in jail.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
Come on guys. This show is a huge hit... with pedophiles.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. My wife's brother who is currently in prison was telling us about how they would catch people jerking off to that show in jail.

Yeah, not to mention all the other freaks sitting at home who just happen to turn on the TV to this show.
When one of the girls from one of those shows came to Aus, it caused such a huge scene. There were crying kids, and tons of news shows covering the huge deal that like, a 7 yr old, came.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I seriously could never understand how anyone finds a prepubescent child "sexy".... There simply has to be something seriously wrong in the way such a person is wired.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You gotta love how the mom is always some fat lazy POS. I don't think there should be laws against certain people breeding. But if there were I think liking this show would be a good barometer for who shouldn't breed.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

There's the other type too....the bored trophy wife, who is attractive, for her age, and since she used her looks to land on easy street, she then teaches her daughter to do the same. She's home all day with nothing to do except play with her living doll. Some of these moms can be the worst, as they see it as THEM winning, not their kid, and can be downright unbelievable....

I saw a clip from E's "The Soup" the other day, showing a little girl they had dressed up in the hooker outfit from Pretty Woman. Seriously? Even the other pageant moms thought that was a bad move....so that's really saying something.

I morally don't even want to watch this show in clips...but I can't help it...it's like watching a train wreck.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Looking back on my last post I probably should have put a little more thought into it as I am reminded that the one time I saw this show my mom was watching it.

Even more frightening is the fact that the particular episode featured a little boy whose mother got him manicures and whatever other devious crap they do. I was home for a bit so I had just sat down to catch up with mom but then I noticed what she was watching. I half jokingly asked if she had ever dressed me up as a girl and I had just repressed the memory. She laughed it off and denied it but Im going to take a look at the unsorted family photos just to be sure.

The weirdest thing is my mom is almost a stereotypical anti-glamour, never wears make-up kind of woman.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Have you seen most of these pageant moms though? They either are former beauty queens themselves turned trophy wives, or they are pretty frumpy looking gals who are living vicariously through their little girls....like ultimate dress up dolls. My wife insists on watching this trainwreck, while I usually just read a book, hehe...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join