It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intro...first contribution, yesterday's storm in the midwest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi everyone, first I'd like to say that I've always considered myself a pretty smart guy, and in reading some posts over the past few days I'm absolutely in awe of the complexity of some of the things I've seen posted. One poster....I can't remember their handle is actively promoting the ideas of Jacque Fresco, which I thought was absolutely spot on. Tried to U2U but wasn't allowed.

Now for the storm. I'm worried about it because of the nuclear problem in Nebraska, I live in Illinois. It was by far the heaviest rainfall I've personally experienced, the timing just could not have been more suspect(Nebraska). I live in one of the few remaining middle class communities, our sewer system is not suspect at all. Last night I saw what appeared to be a current of water, like a river, on my street. So I took a walk out there and at its deepest, it was literally six inches high. Hasn't happened in the 30 years I've been paying attention......actually it was really fun, I even set a five gallon bucket on the current to see how far it'd make it, and it went a good 30 yards before tipping, but witnessing weather that is so far from the norm was frightening, considering all of the depopulation stories.......and considering the radiation from nebraska.

Comments are welcome, love the site.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 0vedas0

Well depopulation is just a loose theory based on speculation so I wouldn't put too much stock into that one. Global warming however is far outside the norm of past rises and although nobody knows for sure what the effect on climate change will be perhaps this is what you are witnessing.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
the issue is the midwest concerning the radiation is scary

no coverage other than us citizens freely communicating about it

in oklahoma yesterday we had some very interesting cloud formations

no rain

but plenty of strange clouds

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I live in north Illinois, Aurora. How long have you been living here ? I've seen heavy rainfall all of my life, used to it actually. Can't rain just be rain or it must be something else ?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 0vedas0

hmmm...my husbands brother and sister-in-law live in S.Dakota this happens every year and every year people say just what this thread portrays, this never happened before. It happens every year except this year there is a nuclear site in threat.
The Missouri and Mississippi river are notorious for flooding

in the Dakotas, aren't they digging for oil know? Think that could have an effect a flood?
edit on 22-6-2011 by lbndhr because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by 0vedas0

hmmm...my husbands brother and sister-in-law live in S.Dakota this happens every year and every year people say just what this thread portrays, this never happened before. It happens every year except this year there is a nuclear site in threat.
The Missouri and Mississippi river are notorious for flooding

Also that during the Great Depression this area had the worst weather in it's history, even far worse than today. Horrible blizzards in the winter followed by floods than droughts that lasted for nearly a decade.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm an hour sothwest of you, Marseilles, near Ottawa, I'm accustomed to heavy rain also, yesterday's storm was just far in excess......here at least, so what I'm used to. I've lived here all 30 years, save a brief stint to Schaumburg.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 0vedas0

Hi 0vedas0, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I live in north Illinois, Aurora. How long have you been living here ? I've seen heavy rainfall all of my life, used to it actually. Can't rain just be rain or it must be something else ?

Exactly. Every year the northern rivers flood, just as predictable as the tornado season.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Yes, and the Illinois river has minor flooding every year also in certain areas, maybe I should have stated that I live on a very high hill, basically on the edge of the Illinois Valley, the street literally turning into a river was alarming because, unless I'm missing something, it was completely due to the massive amount of rainfall, once the rain lightened up, it was literally drivable again withing 5-10 minutes.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

my point was fear that the rain would carry radiation w/ the weather formation, not that the nuc plant actually caused the storm.....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by 0vedas0

Well depopulation is just a loose theory based on speculation so I wouldn't put too much stock into that one. Global warming however is far outside the norm of past rises and although nobody knows for sure what the effect on climate change will be perhaps this is what you are witnessing.

dis-info agent.
edit on 6/22/2011 by SixX1874 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0vedas0
reply to post by lbndhr

my point was fear that the rain would carry radiation w/ the weather formation, not that the nuc plant actually caused the storm.....
I never said you said it was the nuclear plant that caused the rain, please re-read my reply.
Know getting past an obvious miscommunication, Welcome to ATS, it is very informative, I know about things before most public know thanks to ATS, much info is also dis-info, hear say, lies and so on, its brutal here but worth the experience once you get the understanding in place, good luck here and enjoy the rollercoaster ride you just stepped onto. Peace

new topics

top topics

join