It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the globalist scheme against them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think I may have found a way to use TPTB very own system against them. What I am about to explain is not necessarily the end all be all, but maybe some insight into things we could do and expand and evolve this into other areas to make things happen. I think there may be some potential here to be used for other purposes and in other ways, I am only presenting a concept.

The premise behind this is that I have a family member that I have barred from having a cell phone and in one way or another ends up getting one anyway. So, being a determined and relentless individual that I can be, I was hell bent in stopping it. So I called the cell phone company that is green in color and is named after an insect and was prepared with my story that I thought that would get this phone disconnected. I was prepared by using the defense that I am in charge and they are supplying a minor child with a device without parental approval.

The call went like this.

Operator: Hello, thank you for calling XXXXXXX, how can I be of service to you?(my call was transferred overseas and there was a language barrier to contend with)
Me: I would like to see about disconnecting a service.
Operator: Certainly sir, what is the number and your name?
Me: I gave the operator the phone number in question and gave them my name.(as I was prepared to play the "I am the parent card")
Operator: Can you verify the date of birth on the account.
Me: Sure can, and provided the DOB.
Operator: Thank you (called me by my family members name instead), I will take care of this. You need to be aware that any credit left on the account will be forfeited.
Me: No problem.
Operator: May I ask why you are disconnecting the service.
Me: No longer needed.

After that we parted ways, and within 10 minutes the phone was no longer working.

This is the second time I have done something similar, however, I will not discuss the first time because I may have pressed my luck a little far on that one. But this time, I think I used a culture that they do not entirely understand against them. It seems to me, that before all this globalization crap took hold and when the operators you would deal with was always an American and would usually be on top of things as to how things actually work in the US, I do not think that had this been 10 years ago I would have been able to pull this off as easily as I did. Quite frankly, the operator I dealt with did not really ask me the right questions to have the service disconnected, as an example the times that I have moved and had to disconnect utility service I had to answer a butt load of questions to prove I was who I said I was. The great thing about it is that I never lied one time, they did not challenge me enough so that I had do what I had to do to get it shut off.

Just thought I would throw it out there, and maybe the information could be of use.

I think this exposes a weak link in the system, with potential to exploit to the fullest to benefit us if used properly.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So the idea is what exactly...?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

when dealing with those that live behind high walls and layers of security there is more depth of penetration needed just to scratch the surface. in your example you had the key info and were able to provide same without hesitation.

i've read that cheesy detectives types would loot someones garbage to see what they can get on them. those e-z info days are gone for the most part IMHO. most folks are wise enough to shred anything of consequence these days.

without hacker sophistication skills i don't see how you would accomplish much. even knowing basic info (name/address) my guess is those of wealth/power have professionals handling their business for them: accountants, consultants, someone who oversees the bills get paid etcetera.

without prime information and the ability to get such info one never gets to Step 2. am i missing something here?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't really understand what you are proposing - you simply rang up and cancelled your child's mobile contract by providing the information they asked for.
How is this going to be of help if fighting against TPTB on a global scale.
A bit baffled really.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I agree with LargeFries. It would not be this easy without key information. Even having someone's credit card number, there isn't a whole lot you can do anymore. To exploit any system, you must know where the weaknesses are. However, I do not understand what you are proposing. Are we going to gather key info on the elites, and then have their cell service disconnected?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

As I said, it is only a concept and I think I show how their own system is faulty with cracks in it. I remember a day when something like this would not have been as easy as it was. I am not intending to imply that we turn off the elites phones, but the idea that their cheaply paid employees are not trained enough to see through what I was doing, and exposing a weakness. Take this and apply it to other areas where our cultures cross and their lack of familiarity with the US culture. As the example in my case when they asked for my name, I did not try to hide the fact that my name was not on the account at all, but yet still succeeded, I allowed them to make the wrong assumption as to who I am.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What you're hinting at is called "social engineering" and is nothing new. And yes, it can be used for all kinds of mischief or other exploits. Do a search on the topic, and you can find all kinds of interesting stories.

Of course your own story isn't quite that, but may be indicative of how low the existing barriers regarding trust are set in some circumstances.

new topics

top topics

join