It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan 1945 And Japan in 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am wondering about the recent disasters in Japan and the nuclear reactors being ripped apart by the quakes and tsunami. I was also wondering about the two atom bombs dropped on Japan in 1945 as well. Is the nuclear disaster of 2011 worse than the atom bombs being dropped in 1945? Is the fallout worse now than it was then? Will the long term consequences be worse for Japan than it was back in 1945. (Although how any nuclear attack/disaster can be worse than another is open to question)

I do worry that Japan will become an island that will become uninhabitable as a result of this disaster and the consequences become more apparent in the comming months.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Hi excellent question my friend and only time will tell as they say. The effect of '45 being more contained and isolated non the less devastating. A concern of mine and many others being not just the acknowledged radiation from the recent ongoing incident, despite the conflicting figures also that of toxins not acknowledged, reported or even mentioned.

Bless Japan and her peoples for they have as you so correctly mentioned endured and endure the full effects of nuclear power. I imagine a honourable assassin right now as I speak having to summons the words to explian to the younglings one's own experiences of bearing witness to no less than two full scale devastating situations.

Understanding my brothers and sisters in the USA also reporting upon 'off the scale readings', mercifully I am based in London however I of late have noticed oddities in the air quality based mainly on the fact I breath it. Not to sound silly but you do get used to air even in a city like London. To say Japan has given me a very slight metallic taste in my mouth would sound absurd would it not?

To put it simply indeed '45 went off like a bomb however baby this party is still blazing away...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Also 1945 was meant as a show of strength by the Americans and therefore the military weaponry they now possessed it was a physiological thing as well, at least in 1945 (coupled with the fact they had no idea it was coming). Were-as in 2011 they have an idea what may happen a worst-case scenario if you will.

join