It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Automated Police Phone Call

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok, so literally about 10 minutes ago, I just got a house phone call.

When I answered, it was an automated message by the police community of East Handsworth (my borough/area) of Birmingham, UK.
It basically went along the lines of..."As you know, it's now summer time (lol, it literally started off with this sentence). Make sure you close all your windows & doors at night, etc"...So health&safety tips by an automated machine?

That was basically the message. Now, my area is known for high-level crimes.

It's a low/working class area I live in & crime USED to happen a lot (but seems like the law has been clamping down, so that people are now a lot more cautious in the way they act)......Although it's funny that I still have a corner shop 15 seconds down the street which sells "green goodies" over the counter though (although it's been rumoured that the shop owners are in cahoots with the police, to take out other competition)

Nothing out of this world strange...But, combined with the fact, I've never been called by an automated message & the recent purple Government Forms (which you can get arrested for not filling in & returning), it feels like very Orwellian/Huxleyian times we're living in...

By the way, these purple compulsory forms contain a BARCODE for every new page, where you have to include every family member...So every citizen in the UK now has their own unique branded barcode...

Not only that, these consensus forms contain VERY unusual questions in them, which are definitely not in your normal consensus'.

Just wondering whether anybody else around the world has been called by police machines, or have had similar compulsory Government Consensus Forms forced upon them?
edit on 22-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: misspellings

edit on 22-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: nit-pickers




posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Edit to add: Retracted - Unnecessary
edit on 6/22/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


OP, can you explain more about these purple forms you describe? Being in the US, I'm not familiar with them. Also, I understood what you were trying to say and you probably cringed when you realized that your choice of words were going to be misconstrued and would unintentionally derail the subject matter (been there and done that myself) so let's try to get back on track. It does appear that measures to monitor everything about an individual's personal data and government's ability to try to "control" us have taken severe leaps in recent years. It's happening globally and it's disconcerting. That's why when you put these types of connections together by whatever serendipitous circumstances led you to the connection, you voice your concern and open it up for comment and, when appropriate, debate. I know that taped messages are being used more and more often here in the states to advise the citizenry of important issues (received one myself this morning in relation to problems with my local water supply) and when looked at separately, it seems to be nothing more than a new advisory system which has evolved along with our technological advancements. With that said, you're saying that there are other suspicious things going on that make you wonder if each separate instance is part of a bigger agenda. Can you explain exactly what the purple paper forms are, when you are required to fill them out and what their supposed purpose is?

Timidgal

Timidgal



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
[off topic material removed by staff]


Back on topic: That almost sounds like they are telling you it is not legal to keep your windows open during the summertime, especially at night just because you live in a bad neighborhood. It reminds me of a law they tried to pass in a nearby Phillyburb town making it illegal to leave your car unlocked.


It seems that, since the cops are having such a hard time catching the criminals responsible for the thefts and such, they have decided to focus instead on cracking down on the victims of crime for trying to live a carefree life and creating a temptation for the criminals. We all know they wouldn't behave so badly if we didn't encourage them right?


Next they'll be telling ladies to stop wearing mini-skirts because it makes ordinary people loose control and run around raping women. Its all the victim's fault anymore. They ARE a whole lot easier to catch by the police you know.



edit on 6/22/11 by FortAnthem because:
__________

edit on Wed Jun 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yea just did my census about 2 1/2 weeks ago here in Canada.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
OP, now I'm really curious...

What were some of the very unusual questions on the forms?



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure
 


I'm just as curious as you. Unforunately, it seems as if the earlier antagonists have made the OP abandon this thread (I hate that!). Does anyone else know what he was referring to (some type of purple form with unusual questions which the UK Govt is mandating all citizens to complete)?

Timidgal



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


OP, can you explain more about these purple forms you describe? Being in the US, I'm not familiar with them. Also, I understood what you were trying to say and you probably cringed when you realized that your choice of words were going to be misconstrued and would unintentionally derail the subject matter (been there and done that myself) so let's try to get back on track. It does appear that measures to monitor everything about an individual's personal data and government's ability to try to "control" us have taken severe leaps in recent years. It's happening globally and it's disconcerting. That's why when you put these types of connections together by whatever serendipitous circumstances led you to the connection, you voice your concern and open it up for comment and, when appropriate, debate. I know that taped messages are being used more and more often here in the states to advise the citizenry of important issues (received one myself this morning in relation to problems with my local water supply) and when looked at separately, it seems to be nothing more than a new advisory system which has evolved along with our technological advancements. With that said, you're saying that there are other suspicious things going on that make you wonder if each separate instance is part of a bigger agenda. Can you explain exactly what the purple paper forms are, when you are required to fill them out and what their supposed purpose is?

Timidgal

Timidgal



Sorry for the slow reply! They didn't make me abandon this thread haha, I just had to have a very necessary haircut


Wow, first, I cannot believe that you received an automated telephone call from your local water supply. Do ya mind if I ask what the message was about, in regards to your water? It's not everyday you get a call from a water company


Perhaps it's just paranoia when it comes to the automated call from the police, as it sounds like people generally get called on from all types of messaging machines.

In regards to your interest in the purple census forms...These are mandatory forms for every household in the UK.



The most recent census of the United Kingdom, known as the 2011 census, took place on 27 March 2011, a decade after the previous census. It was conducted on the same day in England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland to ensure coherence and consistency.[1] The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is responsible for the census in England and Wales; the General Register Office for Scotland (GROS) is responsible for the census in Scotland and the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA) conducted the census in Northern Ireland.


United Kingdom Census 2011

Scroll down & you'll find a picture of what every beginning new page (for every individual family member) looks like (Take note of the barcode
):

en.wikipedia.org...:UK_2011_Census_Form.jpg

I really should alter/create a new thread based solely on the UK 2011 Census Form...

(Edit- I just used the 'Search' button for: "UK 2011 Census Form"...And the 3 threads that caught my eye on it were:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com... &

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The last thread in particular is worrying, but of course these threads are just speculation, so take it as you will.)

(Also might be worth taking a look, if you're really that interested, at the 2011 Census Homepage

P.S. The funny thing about this is...I have TWO barcodes, as my parents filled one out for me at home, but I was made to fill out another during University term time at my student house! Hopefully, they'll think it's some sort of error & wipe me off the system...Doubt it though.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
In regards to the sort of questioning they asked...It was very private & intimate questions...Made up first of household questions, then a set of individual questions. My apologies for not remembering the exact, specific questions that were asked in the Census'...However, one question I do remember is relationship status in the past 5 years (something completely irrelevant & none of their business!)

This is the only video I could find on YouTube, where somebody (sort of, but wished they had done a better job) went through the forms & questions:



Excuse the uploader...His voice & accent make it hard to understand everything he's saying...Not all the English sound like that


I lol'ed when I saw this video too:



Interestingly, it's been 10 years since the last Census released, in April 2001...Funny that no barcode was necessary then, for anyone, yet now they choose to include it in 2011:

en.wikipedia.org...

[Side note: Funnily enough, back in 2001, this census sparked some controversy for questions on religion, which thereby initiated people in the UK to answer with en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
Yea just did my census about 2 1/2 weeks ago here in Canada.


Can you show any videos/pictures or link of the Canadian 2011 Census? And I'm interested to know what the questions were like...(I know I know, I didn't elaborate on my posts myself when everybody asked about the questioning in the UK census, but it was way back in March that I filled it out)

Also, I've found out it's fact that Lockheed Martin (for anybody that doesn't know, is an American Weapons Technology company) OWNS the rights to the UK 2011 Census?


I've read somewhere that Americans also receive a mandatory census form every 4 or so years (although this person may be wrong, not sure)...Can any U.S citizen confirm if this is true?



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


Just the same old questions. How many people in the household and marital status etc.... nothing out of the ordinary other than it was completely online this time.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by enament
 


Ahh, did the census also include a barcode?



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 

Glad you logged back on SmoKey & thanks for the u2u.


Wow, first, I cannot believe that you received an automated telephone call from your local water supply. Do ya mind if I ask what the message was about, in regards to your water? It's not everyday you get a call from a water company


I had started a thread on it earlier today which I'll try to find for you (here you go: www.abovetopsecret.com...) but the call was basically from the health department saying "DON'T DRINK THE WATER". As the day went on, it's become apparent that there are more than just a small handful of folks around here who are sick and it's starting to get downright scary and bizarre that it's not being reported on our larger metro news (just on the local outlets). I logged off myself for a few hours to attend to my own related problems (I won't get graphic but I'm sure you can imagine) and around 6pm, the town started going door to door with notices. This is scary stuff and I can tell you that I'm no longer taking suggestions about preparation kits for when the real SHTF lightly. What's happening right now in my little town is my own personal wake up call because unlike the 3-5 days my town is estimating for this to be resolved, there might not be ANY resolution when/if the real SHTF.

Anyway, back to the forms you guys are required to fill out, that is really weird and the whole barcode thing would completely unnerve me (I did laugh over your comment about double barcodes wiping you out of the system though
). It would be nice to think that all of these things (auto messages and mysterious intermittent surveys and questionnaires) were somehow for OUR benefit but I think that most able minded people have come to realize that this is just a fantasy and it's, in reality, big brother's tightening of his grip. I don't blame you for being leery about all of these new systems when there are so many unknown answers about true motives. I feel the same way.

We had our census taken here in the US several months ago but it was nothing as intricate as what you guys have been subjected to. With that said, there was another national survey that was conducted shortly after relative to our national healthcare (which was a joke because we don't have universal healthcare unless you are in economic need and then our Medicaid program is the closest thing we have) and although they called it a "voluntary survey" which used a random selection of participants across all different socioeconomic levels, if you were unlucky enough to be selected as a participant, you were harassed and then threatened with legal action if you refused to participate (there must be a new definition of the word "voluntary" that I missed in the dictionary's last edition). This is the weird thing - after three weeks of harassing phone calls and annoying notes being left on my door for all of my neighbors to see, I finally arranged a time to take the survey. This woman shows up at my house, logs on to her computer, enters my name and social security number (which she had in her records) and tells me "sorry to have bothered you but the panel is closed and you don't need to answer any questions". So I guess we're all being subjected to different information gathering techniques, the specifics of which are perhaps determined by our individual government's immediate priorities. By the way, I never, for a second, thought they were really going to ask me questions relative to national healthcare - President Obama was already in office and our national healthcare reform program (oxymoron but a topic for another day) had already started to phase in so there was no rationale for why they would be doing a national healthcare survey. What the true purpose was and why I was let off the hook in the end remains a mystery but like you, it left me with this really uneasy feeling.

Timidgal



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 

Glad you logged back on SmoKey & thanks for the u2u.


Wow, first, I cannot believe that you received an automated telephone call from your local water supply. Do ya mind if I ask what the message was about, in regards to your water? It's not everyday you get a call from a water company


I had started a thread on it earlier today which I'll try to find for you (here you go: www.abovetopsecret.com...) but the call was basically from the health department saying "DON'T DRINK THE WATER". As the day went on, it's become apparent that there are more than just a small handful of folks around here who are sick and it's starting to get downright scary and bizarre that it's not being reported on our larger metro news (just on the local outlets). I logged off myself for a few hours to attend to my own related problems (I won't get graphic but I'm sure you can imagine) and around 6pm, the town started going door to door with notices. This is scary stuff and I can tell you that I'm no longer taking suggestions about preparation kits for when the real SHTF lightly. What's happening right now in my little town is my own personal wake up call because unlike the 3-5 days my town is estimating for this to be resolved, there might not be ANY resolution when/if the real SHTF.

Anyway, back to the forms you guys are required to fill out, that is really weird and the whole barcode thing would completely unnerve me (I did laugh over your comment about double barcodes wiping you out of the system though
). It would be nice to think that all of these things (auto messages and mysterious intermittent surveys and questionnaires) were somehow for OUR benefit but I think that most able minded people have come to realize that this is just a fantasy and it's, in reality, big brother's tightening of his grip. I don't blame you for being leery about all of these new systems when there are so many unknown answers about true motives. I feel the same way.

We had our census taken here in the US several months ago but it was nothing as intricate as what you guys have been subjected to. With that said, there was another national survey that was conducted shortly after relative to our national healthcare (which was a joke because we don't have universal healthcare unless you are in economic need and then our Medicaid program is the closest thing we have) and although they called it a "voluntary survey" which used a random selection of participants across all different socioeconomic levels, if you were unlucky enough to be selected as a participant, you were harassed and then threatened with legal action if you refused to participate (there must be a new definition of the word "voluntary" that I missed in the dictionary's last edition). This is the weird thing - after three weeks of harassing phone calls and annoying notes being left on my door for all of my neighbors to see, I finally arranged a time to take the survey. This woman shows up at my house, logs on to her computer, enters my name and social security number (which she had in her records) and tells me "sorry to have bothered you but the panel is closed and you don't need to answer any questions". So I guess we're all being subjected to different information gathering techniques, the specifics of which are perhaps determined by our individual government's immediate priorities. By the way, I never, for a second, thought they were really going to ask me questions relative to national healthcare - President Obama was already in office and our national healthcare reform program (oxymoron but a topic for another day) had already started to phase in so there was no rationale for why they would be doing a national healthcare survey. What the true purpose was and why I was let off the hook in the end remains a mystery but like you, it left me with this really uneasy feeling.

Timidgal


I know it's an old cliche, but "its better safe than sorry" comes to mind on the whole water scandal in your town. I hope you & your family & friends are well.
I think it's disgraceful hows it's been sprung upon your town with very little warning, before-hand, whilst people used the water unknowingly...

Read my earlier posts, these UK Consensus Forms are slightly different to normal ones, in the past & even now. Lookheed UK (the UK branch of one of the leading American weapons technology companies) actually owns the contract to the census. So in reality, they asked all the intimate detailed questions & have the power to turn over all data on UK residents to the U.S Government based on The Patriot Act.

Me being me, I didn't even realise the barcode (just wanted to fill out the form in the vaguest of detail & get rid of it), until my friend pointed it out! And yes, it's extremely unnerving to know we are no longer seen as individual people, but as barcodes.

Ha, absolutely ridiculous that a 'voluntary survey', which just also happens to be quite a large survey, seeing as it's national, leads to legal threats & governmental visits.

I honestly do not like the direction the world is moving in...I think it's about time Obama did SOME good for the first time & introduce Universal Health Care.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe
 


It had what was called a secure access code but is addressed to anyone who lives there currently. Instead of a name its blank.
Oh and the access code was to complete it online.to access the questionnaire.

here is the address www.nhs.statcan.gc.ca
edit on 22-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We just received an automated call from the police too, giving the registration number of a car they are looking for. The call was at 2140 at night and i have a young child so i am not pleased. I havent signed up to receive these spam calls anywhere i can think of. Very strange

I live in a rural location about 20 miles south of birmingham in the UK...



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm not usually a defender of the police; but as odd as it might sound, I'm truthfully of two minds about this.

I mean, I get the Orwellian aspect of it, yes; but I almost didn't survive my own period living in a working class suburb, so the fact that the police are doing this, even if it's automated, could at least serve to put people on alert. If it's a dangerous neighbourhood, then keeping your windows closed probably is a good idea.
edit on 16-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
4

log in

join