It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Eyeing Anti-Gun Backer to Run ATF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here we go again.

Obama Eyeing Anti-Gun Backer to Run ATF

The Obama administration is in talks this week with the man who could replace the current head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), a man gun-rights groups have railed against as being hostile to their cause.

Andrew Traver was nominated in November by President Barack Obama to become ATF director, but the National Rifle Association has stalled his appointment, citing his anti-gun rights stance.

Traver, originally from Naperville, Ill., is a favorite of the gun-control lobby, which holds the ATF has not controlled the United States' $28 billion firearms business since it lost a formal head in 2006. It has struggled with interim directors since.

But the fact that Traver heads the ATF office in Chicago, a city without gun shops, does not sit well with the NRA and other gun-rights groups, The Christian Science Monitor reports.

They say Traver is involved with the pro-gun control International Association of Chiefs of Police and he was an adviser to an antigun-violence conference that Chicago Mayor Richard Daley attended.

Another crony from Chicago coming in? You know how bad and unconstitutional Chicago gun laws are... they sure want to do the same thing all over America.

The ATF needs to be DISBANDED.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Couldn't agree more, as a gun owner I fear taking away guns would be bad as they're would still be many criminals that would still have theirs. Also when things go south with the economy and people riot for food and water I want to know that I have a formidable defense against people that would try to break in to my house and put my family in danger.

side note - went to Bass Pro Shop on Fathers Day so he could pick out a new gun to add to his collection, the entire place was full, mostly with people buying guns and ammo. We waited about an hour to get to the gun counter to start the buying process. I don't see a gun grab or anti gun laws going over very smoothly.
edit on 22-6-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Oh this is gonna be good.

We're gonna get another Fast and Furious scandal on steroids.

And yes I believe Gunwalker is a political operation because it makes no sense from an LE standpoint.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Admiral Yamamoto of the Japanese navy during WWII:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

I'd like to see them try to take our guns.
We'll give 'em hell.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
see gunwalker and fast and furious were a means to an end.

this was what i was talking about create a scandal and push the perception and put the anti gun crowd in charge.

the people didnt do jack the government did and the people will suffer,.

i wholeheartedly agree disband the atf.

enough of washington stupidity.

when we become totally disarmed its over and thats coming.

congress doesnt need to push laws you control the enoforcer of that law.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You need not apply for a position within this Admin unless you come from Chicago, which is probably the most corrupt and crime ridden cities in America.

Well, it always places in the top 10 anyway.

Can we survive another year and a half with this buffoon in charge? I hope so.

new topics

top topics

join