It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart's Response to PolitiFact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You've probably heard about the dust-up between Fox News and Jon Stewart when he appeared with Chris Wallace and made the statement...

"Who are the most consistently misinformed media viewers?" Stewart, host of The Daily Show, asked Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace. "The most consistently misinformed? Fox, Fox viewers, consistently, every poll."

Well PolitiFact came right back and ironically gave Jon Stewart a "False" rating on its Truth-O-Meter for making that claim.

C'mon! You knew Jon wasn't going to let it go at that. So on the Daily Show he made his response and it's pretty hilarious.

Responding to PolitiFact, Stewart reads laundry list of Fox News lies

You'll have to click the link to see the video. (Sorry, the only youtube vid is of someone recording the show off of their TV. Very low quality and almost certain to get pulled.)

Here is the link to the original rebuttal by PolitiFact as well:

PolitiFact rates Jon Stewart’s remark about Fox News misinformation as ‘false’

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Certainly not Fox viewers -- they'll believe anything

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is a non-issue. Jon Stewart failed to confirm what is already known and that is that other "news" stations are just mouthpieces for the left. It really is no different from Fox News. They all lie and distort facts and make a mockery of their audiences. Why this is so hard for someone like Stewart to admit to can clearly be seen as do as we say not as we do. MSNBC, CNN, Fox News, blah blah blah...utter crap.

As George Carlin would say, "It's all bs and it's bad for you."

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Certainly not Fox viewers -- they'll believe anything

Unlike the leftist zombies...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Ummmm ... who really gives a $hit.

I hope you get a TC violation like I did for hinting at a profane word.

And to respond to 'who gives a ****, how about the ones who have family, friends and co-workers that regurgitate the lies and garbage from Fox, as if it is gospel. We still have to hear it even if we don't watch the news.
reply to post by Hessling

I think the point is, Fox has the most inaccuracies, as well as does the most fingerpointing. So the one who condemns and reports half truths the most is more responsible IMHO.
The interview:

edit on 22-6-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: sp

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

jon stewarts argument is that those other stations aren't as "relentlessly partisan" or "relentlessly activist"as fox news. he never said they weren't mouth pieces or dont present a partisan view. he said "The bias of the mainstream media is towards sensationalism, conflict and laziness," ... "Not towards a liberal agenda."

edit on 22-6-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Ummmm ... who really gives a $hit.

i do.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Oh please, get off your high horse.

Stewart is just as much of a slimy partisan piece of excrement as the rest of them from Rachael “the cute little boy” Meadow to Bill “big mouth” O’Riley.

He’s nothing more than a court jester for the Obama administration.

Remember when he tore Jim Cramer a new one for bad predictions he made on stocks? How Stewart raked Cramer over the coals because his mom lost half her retirement savings? Yeah … that was a real hoot … wasn’t it. But why did Stewart go after Cramer so aggressively … was it just his bad financial advice? Hardly, he did it because Cramer was becoming more and more disenchanted with Stewart’s new god: Barack Obama.

Had Stewart wanted to eviscerate some of the real culprits he should have had on Larry Leibowitz. You all know Larry Leibowitz right? HE’s the CEO of the New York Stock Exchange. And, oh, by the way HE’S ALSO JOHN STEWART’S BROTHER.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This will give Jon Stewart enough ammunition to keep going for quite a long time.

I will have to admit that he nailed it when he said that faux news was the most consistantly misinformed. They lean so far to one side they have to be propped up.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Oh please, get off your high horse.

I have no horse, nor do I position myself above anyone else Mike. I am a fan of justice and pointing out hypocrisy and/or bs.

Stewart’s new god: Barack Obama.

I would say that you most likely do not watch the show, or you would realize this is patently false.
I am glad that you included O'Reily with Maddow, which tells me you are as fed up as the rest of us with the media in general. It is my opinion that the loudest and most viewed outlet carries the biggest infraction of truth and honest reporting, and by comparison to all the media, Fox is the 'most watched'.
Just curious if you watched the OP's vid, for specifics that Politifact cited? Here is a more convenient opportunity to:

I think this thread is more informative than opinionated, but that's just me.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Heh i had'nt seen this, thanks for posting it op. That Stewart is a pretty funny guy, him and Colbert, i like them both.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think that was a good and interesting interview. It's refreshing to see Stewart in a more serious setting. No matter what you think of him, he's a smart and respectful debater.

I think his main point of critique about the MSM being biased towards popular sensationalism is very clever and holds a lot of truth. At least in my country, I'm not from the US so I don't get to see a whole lot of MSNBC ABC FOX and what have you...

I have one question about plitifact: How exactly does one measure the level of misinfromedness of an audience? Do you count all statements made and divide by the number of statements which prove to be true?
That's genouine interest by the way...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Had Stewart wanted to eviscerate some of the real culprits he should have had on Larry Leibowitz. You all know Larry Leibowitz right? HE’s the CEO of the New York Stock Exchange. And, oh, by the way HE’S ALSO JOHN STEWART’S BROTHER.

You dont actually have anything about Liebowitz that might hint that he is tainted ...... do you ..... you're just kind of implying it ..... aren't you ------------- Fox has taught you well grasshopper.
edit on 22-6-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by j-man

I was also a bit interested on that being said. I did find something, I cannot vouch for the credibility of this site, but it seemed to answer the question for ow for myself, while I think its a bit skewed.

www.worldpublicopinion.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Stewart is a comedian...if anyone thinks he's giving the news jokes is on them.
edit on 22-6-2011 by js331975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by js331975
edit on 22-6-2011 by js331975 because: (no reason given)

And exactly what would you say the Fox News' role in this might be.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hmmm, the list of Fox lies in the video reads like a list of previous hot political topics here on ATS.

Geez, I wonder if there is any connection.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by js331975

Or... the joke is that often the most accurate assessment of news events is from a comedy show

spec

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I love the people who get ANGRY. They know that Stewart is right, and they cant win the argument intellectually, so they resort to angry poo-slinging. If they were in the same room, a fist fight would probably be instigated by them...its the same attitude as a 3rd grader. Watch some kids for awhile, then relate it to the actions of older people, and you willk realize some people just never progressed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join