It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did Iran come out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Is Iran coming out saying they will make or have made a nuke? Could this be leading up to that???; or am i just reading to much in to it? What do you think. www.presstv.ir... form the link

'Iran makes weapons only to defend'
Well as far as that goes all nations do or clam to do. Then there is this from the link

Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says the main objective of producing weapons in Iran is defending the country against bullying enemies.
Hum sounds like first strike not defensive,What do you make of it? Then he says this from the article

“In the West, the main reason for weapons production is trade and increasing the wealth of the owners of weapons factories and companies.”
All weapon making Nations do it, it makes jobs , keeps a balance of power and who has the best sward er gun er bomb er bio weapon er nuke ok : way to kill each other.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Weapons make more evil than good. We all know that.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

main objective of producing weapons in Iran is defending the country against bullying enemies.

Hmm I don't see how you could take that as meaning anything other than a deterrent and a defensive ability, as they specifically state that intent.

This is all ignoring the fact Iran isn't trying to build a bomb, lacks proper equipment to enrich uranium to 98% purity needed for weapons grade fuel, and would be years away even if they had the ability right now.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Say bye bye to Israel if they do get a nuke. If it's true it will only be a matter of time before the U.S. or the Israeli's attack Iran. If the Israeli's do it, it will def be the beginning to WWIII. Maybe this will get the Jews out of Palestine..wishful thinking..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think that for anyone who has closely followed the whole Iran nuclear issue, this is a clear part of a well defined plan that they never have put much effort into hiding in the first place. I seem to recall material coming out during Bush's tenure indicating their intention to simply keep muddying the waters and playing games in any way necessary to run the clock out while they complete their development phase, unmolested. So far, so good.. The Western powers make a lot of noise and bark occasionally but nothing changes and Iran's ability to proceed without interference never seems to be effected.

Israel at least tried doing something with Stuxnet. I'm not sure they didn't just create a far worse problem in the long run by breaking the ground for that level of sophisticated attack, but they did more than just publicly whine about it, so they get some points out of me for that, anyway.

If we reach Christmas without Iran testing a nuke outright or giving some other indisputable sign that they have operational weapons, I'll be shocked at this point. I still think they are as likely as not to make their first 'test' about 10,000 feet over Tel Aviv, Israel.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If Iran has the ability and the desire to create a nuke, then they have every right to do so. However I don't believe there is any evidence yet that Iran has the capability.

If the west don't like anyone else having nukes, then the west should lead by example and dismantle what nukes they have got. Hypocrites.

st.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
If Iran has the ability and the desire to create a nuke, then they have every right to do so. However I don't believe there is any evidence yet that Iran has the capability.

If the west don't like anyone else having nukes, then the west should lead by example and dismantle what nukes they have got. Hypocrites.

st.

The West has been downgrading their nuclear arsenal for 2 decades now. We would be asinine for a country like the US to just arbitrarily eliminate 100% of their arsenal when we continue to have threats such as NK and or Iran that has openly stated time and time again that they want to wipe the western world from the world.

I know there is allot of haters of the west out there. Some rightfully so, but anyone who thinks that allowing Iran to have nukes is a good idea is off their rocker. That is a guarantee of a nasty war with millions of lives being lost!
edit on 22-6-2011 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack
The West has been downgrading their nuclear arsenal for 2 decades now. We would be asinine for a country like the US to just arbitrarily eliminate 100% of their arsenal when we continue to have threats such as NK and or Iran that has openly stated time and time again that they want to wipe the western world from the world.

I know there is allot of haters of the west out there. Some rightfully so, but anyone who thinks that allowing Iran to have nukes is a good idea is off their rocker. That is a guarantee of a nasty war with millions of lives being lost!

NK and Iran are no more of a threat to the US than Ireland is. Its just the west governments and their media put a spin on things. The reason smaller nations shout their mouth off about the west is to try and be heard, because the west is constantly oppressing smaller nations, trying to bully them. The west should be respecting other nations, not forcing their will and ways upon them.

If nations respected nations, there wouldn't be a need for any weapons of mass destruction. Iran having a weapon, is no more dangerous than the US having a weapon. The difference is that the US has thousands of them. Which nations is currently the most war-mongering on this planet? Is it any surprise other nations want to have at least one nuke?

st.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
to you that think Iran can not make one or have one ready in less that say 10 years , think again the same was said about NK back in 2000
www.hartford-hwp.com... from the link

North Korea Set to Test Nukes
Opinion by Tim Kennedy, Arab News, Al Jazeerah, 28 July 2003
due to tech glitches and safety precautions is was not until 2006 when NK tested theirs

South Korea condemned the test, North Korea's second since it exploded its first nuclear device in October 2006 in defiance of international opinion. That test prompted the UN to pass a resolution banning Pyongyang from activities related to its ballistic missile programme.
this was taken from this link www.guardian.co.uk...(side note they KN, just tested an EMP it is to test one will check on it)
So lets say they have been working on it from the start, 2014 is when they could test one now if they do do it what then ??? yes this is just speculation, but what if.
edit on 22-6-2011 by bekod because: editting

edit on 22-6-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

NK and Iran are no more of a threat to the US than Ireland is. Its just the west governments and their media put a spin on things. The reason smaller nations shout their mouth off about the west is to try and be heard, because the west is constantly oppressing smaller nations, trying to bully them. The west should be respecting other nations, not forcing their will and ways upon them.

If nations respected nations, there wouldn't be a need for any weapons of mass destruction. Iran having a weapon, is no more dangerous than the US having a weapon. The difference is that the US has thousands of them. Which nations is currently the most war-mongering on this planet? Is it any surprise other nations want to have at least one nuke?

st.

I don't recall Ireland calling for a Fatah against the west nor do I recall Ireland threatening to start a nuclear war for a neighboring country doing war games..... in their OWN waters.

Really, comparing Ireland to Iran and NK.... Are you serious?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

have we, the USA, taken a plane full of innocent people and held them hostage? NO!; and we all know who that is, Iran, and the current pres of Iran; was one of the perps.

edit on 22-6-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

yea right and the terrorist have every right to have bio weapon or nuke, i think not, if you think they should then you are not for man kind.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't recall Ireland calling for a Fatah against the west nor do I recall Ireland threatening to start a nuclear war for a neighboring country doing war games..... in their OWN waters.

Really, comparing Ireland to Iran and NK.... Are you serious?

When nations are on the ropes, they try to come out fighting, to protect their dignity. Ask yourself why would a middle east nation say such a thing? Assuming they did. People don't hate for no reason, something happens to cause that hate. Its oppression, not respecting the ways of other nations.

Do you really think Iran would launch a nuke against the US? Seriously? Think logically. If that happened, Iran wouldn't exist. There is nothing to be gained. Same for NK.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

well if a nuke is used it will get the Palestine's out of there as well, a nuke is not one to take sides or decide who glows or not glows it just cooks all that are near, under, or around it, and which way the wind blows

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

yea right and the terrorist have every right to have bio weapon or nuke, i think not, if you think they should then you are not for man kind.

I'm all for mankind. I'm all against nuke weapons. What's not right, is the west banging on about Iran having a nuke when they themselves have thousands.

If the west can have them, why can't other nations?

If you think otherwise, then I guess you are not for equality.

st.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

would it not be wonderful to go back in time and put the jinni back in the bottle, but then it was made in war time to end a war , will it be used to start one??? time, sadly will tell.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

i my self believe no nation should have, use any form of nuke, we as man kind have no way of keeping it safe! US and the old USSR should be held accountable if a nuke war does break out for they are the ones to first make them, ok Germany tried to make one, but we the USA made and used the first and second one in the history of man on man , we should be the first to get rid of them, not the last.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

That test prompted the UN to pass a resolution banning Pyongyang from activities related to its ballistic missile programme.

Ha Ha Ha.. sounds like the US/UN is still upset about Russia and China making them run back across the 38th parallel and call of the whole Korea war

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei of Iran will not allow unjustified use of nuclear capabilities. Therefore; I don't think we have to worry about it. However; lines will be crossed, and I hope the U.S. doesn't cross that line.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm all for mankind. I'm all against nuke weapons. What's not right, is the west banging on about Iran having a nuke when they themselves have thousands.

If the west can have them, why can't other nations?

If you think otherwise, then I guess you are not for equality.

st.

I hear what you're saying but the whole hype on fear of Iran obtaining nukes is propagandizing hype playing on fear of nuclear weapons. The problem is they don't want Iran to build nuclear power plants.

Countries with nuclear power plants are pretty much off the table in regards to military invasions. The cost of err is too high and that includes securing, containment, maintenance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join