It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning Strike Misses Dude By 20 Feet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thought you might like to see this, it looks real to me, but i am not an expert on this stuff.

So what do you think?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yup, It's a real lightning strike. If you play/pause/play/pause enough times you can actually see the bolt originates from the ground, which is how lightning works. Also the reaction is one of Stunned acceptance rather than elation or freak out.

Nice post.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

I think he's a dumb ___, why the hell is he filming out in a storm with lightning over his head. Filming lightning should be done when the black clouds are not over your head and from a distance away from the storm. Source "Lightning For Dumbies" Pg 1

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lesisgod
Yup, It's a real lightning strike. If you play/pause/play/pause enough times you can actually see the bolt originates from the ground, which is how lightning works. Also the reaction is one of Stunned acceptance rather than elation or freak out.

Nice post.

agree 100%.....That is exactly how I would react and what I would say ...

A couple stunned " holy S***" would def be coming out of my mouth.....I would be too stunned to scream or yell or panic..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lesisgod

Awesome video. You can see the condensation from super heated air from the lightning bolt breaking the sound barrier. Buddy filming is fortunate not to have been struck.

My mom, a friend, and I were almost struck by lightning. Thank God my mom was holding on the the plastic handle of the umbrella, or who knows what would've happened. It's the oddest feeling in the world. Hairs stand on end, get that static clingy sensation, is all the sudden but brief warning you get before the flash of the return stroke.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
That is real, and real scary. I actually had a similar experience about 7 years ago. I worked for a walmart that was renovating the store and most of my job revolved around driving a forklift out back to move new hardware in the store and old hardware out of the store.

Well a thunderstorm came in and i was driving the forklift. A bunch of pallets were still outside and started getting rained on and they wanted me to move them back into the rent-a-trailors. I did it for a little bit, but then i heard thunder that made me jump out of the seat and run straight for the loading dock. As I was running in, lightning struck a metal framed tent about 50 feet away from me and looked/sounded about the same. Some scary stuff.

new topics

top topics

join