It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Gets How-To Guide for Zombie Invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Army Gets How-To Guide for Zombie Invasion

www.wired.com

One day in the not-too-distant future, a mindless horde of cannibalistic killing machines will come shambling through the streets of America. And when that day comes, the U.S. Army will be on it faster than you can scream “BRAAIIIINNSS!”

Lucky for us, the Army Zombie Combat Command has put together a nifty manual on how to identify, fight, and kill those murderous mobs of the undead. Soldiers can now add the FM 999-3 Counter-Zombie Operations at the Fireteam Level to their arsenal – “the primary doctrinal reference on conducting fire team sized infantry operations in a Zombie infest
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Maybe the whole idea of a bio-engineered virus turning us into zombies needs to be re-looked at?

I am not sure what to make of this. Apparently this is for real though. Sure am glad I now that playing Left 4 Dead and L4D2 has not been a waste of time!

You can read the Field Manual here... www.box.net...

www.wired.com

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
it's a joke. says on the website that it isn't really the army.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

Maybe the whole idea of a bio-engineered virus turning us into zombies needs to be re-looked at?

I am not sure what to make of this. Apparently this is for real though. Sure am glad I now that playing Left 4 Dead and L4D2 has not been a waste of time!

You can read the Field Manual here... www.box.net...

www.wired.com

Did you happen to read the documents disclosure? Last page, it starts: This publication is not published nor endorsed by the United States Army.....

www.box.net...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

My brother is in the army. I'll ask him if this is legit. My god. This is hilarious and creepy at the same time. Like PeeWee Herman walking around in a raincoat.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Haha crap. Nope didnt catch that.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Feel free to move this or delete then Crakeur.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

I hope its just moved, its an interesting read none the less and I freaking love zombie flicks. Thanks for sharing and neat find, sometimes no conspiracy is a good thing.
edit on 22-6-2011 by topherman420 because: too many "none the lesses"

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Manual seems to be fake.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I found myself opening windows to various locations just to check and see if this were based in any fact....lol

Someone did a great job on writing this up and it's funny. Although I'd note it's downright disturbing that by messages on the thread here and elsewhere, I am not the only one who actually began to fact check this on the off chance it really existed. That says so much about where things have gotten as a society in general...and none of that is good.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Of course it's a humor Field Manual.

Google FM 22-102; Wall to Wall Counseling.

To paraphrase, "I don't care what ya say, that's some funny stuff right there."

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I actually got this book for Christmas. Despite it's tongue-in-cheekness, it's really written from a perspective of this being absolutely real.

It does suppose a certain amount of intelligence on zombies though (largely based on how far out they are from being reanimated). The fresher ones have more thought ability. But, it mentions things like zombies throwing things, even using basic tactics, etc.

A lot of the material is obviously based on real combat techniques, formations, anagrams, etc. The illustrations in the book are absolutely hysterical though....

top topics

join