It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Less Kids! Gore Pushes Population Control

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Or, fewer people use more resources not feeling worried about scarcity. There's no way to predict it.

Overpopulation is a subjective term, rued by technology alone. 100 years ago the population capacity of the planet was dramatically lower.

Humanity? Oh please - - enlighten me on what Humanity is.

A devastating, devouring virus. An alien of the Earth. Unable to unite, stuck in war, doomed to failure.

And I don't see that as a reason to cull it.

I am a realist.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
A devastating, devouring virus. An alien of the Earth. Unable to unite, stuck in war, doomed to failure.

And I don't see that as a reason to cull it.

I am a realist.

A realist that makes excuses.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I make no excuses for humanity's evils. I simply don't see why we should be punished for what we are. Just managed without loss of freedom. And you still haven't answered my questions.

And hell, why are excuses wrong?
edit on 6-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
al gore is encouraging the death of america,

Prove it.

according to the us census bureau the average american birth rate is 1.5 kids per 2 parents,

for those of you who cant do simple math, this means we are not birthing enough children to replace the parents who age and die, our population is declining WE ARE DIEING and al gore is encouraging it,

over population is bs

That doesn't prove anything.

All it shows is that our population would otherwise decline, if it weren't for immigration.

It doesn't say overpop is bs at all. Remember, it's about sustainability, defined in generations to come, not the current ebbs and flows.

The question is:

quality or quantity?

We chose quantity for a long time, and that worked out, but now...quality is the only way forward to be sustainable.

THAT is simple logic.
edit on 6-7-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Then why is it hard to believe in quality without destruction of reproductive freedom. It IS possible for every human being to live in a sustainable, good house and be fed well and educated well and have good water to drink. It simply takes time and money. Slaughtering the poor, or the rich, is not the answer.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Well, if we could have basic resources met for 7 billion, I would think we'd be in more of a mess from the Holocene extinction event.

That's why.
edit on 6-7-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

7 billion can be cared for. Without extinction of wildlife. We can built arcologies into cities and depend less on the wild. Built farms up rather than side to side. We can fix what we use, we need no fixing ourselves.

Ultimately of course, the only solution that will preserve Earth's environment is, essentially, to leave. Death and population control are not the answer. Don't sacrifice the soul of the species for the sake of conservationism. We can conserve the world's environment without needless sacrifice of who we are.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Annee

How about we execute you so there's one less life on the planet?

Egotistical Human who thinks he is significant. You are not.

What a stupid comment.

Stop being a hypocrite and offer the termination of your life for the benefit of your planet. It's just a selfish to be aware it's selfish to have so many lives on the planet and yet not give up your own life, thereby saving the planet of having to support your existence.
edit on 6-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Okay, so you say we could theoretically solve the worlds basic problems with current technologies, or one's that will unfold within the coming decade or so....but that's still only a part of the equation.

Because the global oligarchy controls the flow of information on the tube, people won't come together to stop what's already put into action.

We're too far down this course to stop what's to come.

It's our decision to make, yet we forfeit a long time ago.

The optimistic ideals which may lead to viable solutions are NOT being implemented, and haven't been for a long time now.

There's no good reason to think we will come together.

You seem to already say this yourself.

So ultimately, it is our own doing. It is fate, or destiny, or whatever.

It just must be.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am doing my part to try to save the planet but I don't have any hope in the human race.
The human race will survive from itself?
Probable not. And to be honest, as a race we deserve whatever happen to us

edit on 6/7/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/7/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I don't disagree with that. But I am not talking about an idealistic world where we are all happy friends. War will still happen. Genocide, slaughter, starvation etc etc. These things happen. But if the reason we should control the population is to save the Earth's diversity, there is a way to do it without sacrificing the sole of the species.

Little steps could be taken, in all sorts of fields. From strict construction codes, to paying farmers to build solar panels in their unused crops (rather than paying them simply not to grow crops). From abandoning bail outs for failed companies and instead investing in no ones, to all sorts of other things. of course there are people in charge, but I cannot honestly say I believe the government wants us all to keep driving oil cars and F-ing ourselves into oblivion. And oil company would double their profits by also selling electric cars, and also ensure their own survival when oil runs out.

The simple fact is, we die free with our mistakes, or we die having corrected them, But we will not die controlled.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

The question is:

quality or quantity?

We chose quantity for a long time, and that worked out, but now...quality is the only way forward to be sustainable.

THAT is simple logic.

YES! We need to smarten up and stop with the whiny self-indulgent ME ME ME attitude.

We need to educate cultures that still seem to be in the dark ages that multiple kids reflects on the man's virility. And that is not just 3rd world.

We need to counter act religions that still preach God wants you to go forth and multiply. The religious cultures that encourage pumping out kids because its God's will are INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very radical in the area of future generation. I would end ALL welfare. I would make it mandatory that each city be responsible for Self-Contained child care centers - - patterned after Boys Town. If you can't properly provide for your kids - - you lose them - - until you get your crap together. (I do not support Foster Care).

As far as Al Gore - - - I'll take what he does for Awareness.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

The optimistic ideals which may lead to viable solutions are NOT being implemented, and haven't been for a long time now.

There's no good reason to think we will come together.

You seem to already say this yourself.

So ultimately, it is our own doing. It is fate, or destiny, or whatever.

It just must be.

I am one who believes forced drastic measures should be taken immediately.

All you have to do is read posts on ATS to understand voluntary cooperation is not going to happen.

I have zero optimism on this subject - - - because individuals don't think they are the problem - - and don't think they should be held personally responsible. Hell - - most don't even think there is a problem.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Forced drastic actions lead to collapse, revolution, and failure. After the Civil War, our drastic actions to absorb the slavery lead them to hate blacks even more, lead to insurgency, and unneeded death. The same actions in Germany lead to the same results, with the Nazis coming to power.

Quick changes do not work, and people will not slowly be pulled into control.

What you call for involved massive coordination. Coordination that the government can only do, and the people can only respond to by shooting at the government. All you are left with is a divided world, more poor, more hungry and suffering people, and many more troubles.

It doesn't work. Humans are free. They do not bow down to those who pompously claim to know the right way and force it too. Those people get shot.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Forced drastic actions lead to collapse, revolution, and failure. After the Civil War, our drastic actions to absorb the slavery lead them to hate blacks even more, lead to insurgency, and unneeded death. The same actions in Germany lead to the same results, with the Nazis coming to power.

And who exactly in this day of OWF (One World Federation) is going to object?

Times and circumstance is not the same.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You're delusional if you think that mentality is working. All it is doing is causing a rise in nationalism and extremism. That, too, has happened before. Quite a number of times. The idea that the world is one way and under one government. It fails. You cannot unite the world. As Tesla put it, you can just give them guns so big they won't kill each other... usually.

Creating a world federation just makes every war global. It will cause global civil wars between globally linked ideologies. Never ending conflict.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You're delusional if you think that mentality is working.

I am not delusional.

There is no time in our known history that is like the world situation today.

What are you going to do? Commission a boat - - sail to a new land - - and start over?

A One World Federation (legitimate not NWO) is the only logical progression in governing this world. That world power MUST take drastic world wide action to save this planet and humans.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
pity Al Gore's parents didn't practice better birth control...........

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

I am sure he has done more for this world then you have.

He has done plenty to create awareness of the environment. Whether he has personally practiced in faithfully himself or not.

Leaders Lead - - - they aren't always the best at following their own doctrines.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by blueorder

I am sure he has done more for this world then you have.

He has done plenty to create awareness of the environment. Whether he has personally practiced in faithfully himself or not.

Leaders Lead - - - they aren't always the best at following their own doctrines.

yeah, you follow them, good little follower

*guffaws*

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join