It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Less Kids! Gore Pushes Population Control

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

Originally posted by e11888
And thats what Im defending MY CHOICE! This is all this is about. My freedom to have a choice without Government or some billionaire telling me otherwise.

In the near futre, Hispanics will be the majority in the US and they are the poorest of all races. And most of them are on welfare. I do not want to pay for their kids. Now where is MY CHOICE in that?

You should have a choice in that. I agree completely.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
.....talk about making assumptions.. LOL!!

One day maybe youll see that your freedoms come with responsibility and forethought.... hopefully not at a cost to your children. The govt takes advantage of those who cant think past their own noses and I grow weary of hysterics who frenetically post at any hint of someone who disagrees with them...

Carry on and have fun in YOUR thread... I'll go look at kitteh pictures.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

One day maybe youll see that your freedoms come with responsibility and forethought.... hopefully not at a cost to your children. The govt takes advantage of those who cant think past their own noses and I grow weary of hysterics who frenetically post at any hint of someone who disagrees with them...

That would be why I let this thread carry on without even saying a word for... how many pages now? Right, dont argue the subject though lets talk about me. Enjoy your pictures

edit on 24-6-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm curious as to whom you refer to as "that guy", I hope you don't mean me lol. Listen you are entitled to your view, no one is bashing you for it, just arguing counter to it, which is the purpose of thread discussion when it come to controversial topics such as this. If you want to agrue against government intervention I am sure you will find few people to argue with that point. But if you are arguing against the effects of overpopulation within our current paradigm, then that's another thing altogether. You want less government and less intrusion into your life right? Well you are going about it the opposite way by not looking deeply into the problem, and by doing the opposite of taking responsibility.

What do I mean by that? Is it the the responible thing to have more children than necessary in a world on the verge of chaos? Or in a world with dwindling resources (due to excess, waste and mismanagement)? If you believe in elites and TPTB do you believe having the responsibility of rearing a child (or multiple children) to be the correct choice, when that infact lessens your options (travel, food survival, handicaps your offensive abilities etc..). I just don't see how you come to your conclusion other than your contempt for a patzi like Al Gore, and stubborness in regards to illusioned "freedom" (sorry to break it to you but freedom isn't what you believe it is).

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

And thats what Im defending MY CHOICE! This is all this is about. My freedom to have a choice without Government or some billionaire telling me otherwise.

In the near futre, Hispanics will be the majority in the US and they are the poorest of all races. And most of them are on welfare. I do not want to pay for their kids. Now where is MY CHOICE in that?

Correction, Natives are the poorest race currently. Also I think you need to distingish the difference between illegals and "hispanics" as a whole. There are plenty of hispanics that are doing well without government assistance.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Correction, Natives are the poorest race currently. Also I think you need to distingish between illegals and "hispanics" as a whole. There are plenty of hispanics that are doing well without government assistance.

Well I'm from California, I see what's happening in this state as a prelude to what's to come for rest of the nation.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I'm curious as to whom you refer to as "that guy", I hope you don't mean me lol. Listen you are entitled to your view, no one is bashing you for it, just arguing counter to it, which is the purpose of thread discussion when it come to controversial topics such as this. If you want to agrue against government intervention I am sure you will find few people to argue with that point. But if you are arguing against the effects of overpopulation within our current paradigm, then that's another thing altogether. You want less government and less intrusion into your life right? Well you are going about it the opposite way by not looking deeply into the problem, and by doing the opposite of taking responsibility.

What do I mean by that? Is it the the responible thing to have more children than necessary in a world on the verge of chaos? Or in a world with dwindling resources (due to excess, waste and mismanagement)? If you believe in elites and TPTB do you believe having the responsibility of rearing a child (or multiple children) to be the correct choice, when that infact lessens your options (travel, food survival, handicaps your offensive abilities etc..). I just don't see how you come to your conclusion other than your contempt for a patzi like Al Gore, and stubborness in regards to illusioned "freedom" (sorry to break it to you but freedom isn't what you believe it is).

I believe in the definition of freedom and the ability to live my life without Government or billionaires telling me how to raise a family, feed myself or take a #. The last time I checked, the United States broke away from a tyranical King that wished to do the very same thing. I care not who argues their points in this thread, I simply stated that I was the original poster. No you were not the person I was refering to. I also do not care if its the responsible thing to do to have more children than necessary nor am I even stating that I have or shall. The right to make that decision is the only thing Im defending here and Im being made out to be the bad guy.

Star his post because you disagree with me. Thats how we do things here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Star who's post, dude what are you talking about. Relax a bit man you making me edgy
. I see what you are saying and I agree to a certain extent, my opinion (and it's just that) is that governments will always try and take away your "freedoms", it's there job. It's our job to make sure they don't do so. Talking about population problem isn't taking away your freedom, it's talking about a problem that we are all facing. All of these artifical wars, mutating viruses, chemicals added to our foods and water supply, the stuff being sprayed in our skys (debatable), artifical weather attacks (debatable) are all forms of indirect war declared on the population for reasons most likely linked to the population problem. Sorry to say but they are already taking away your (our) freedom.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I think you are misinterpreting personal freedom and selfishness.

This is your attitude, "How do those rich assholes have the nerve to tell me I shouldn't have kids? I'll show them and have 20. That'll teach them!!!!!!"

To you, having 20 kids was your personal freedom but to your kids, they will see it as you being selfish. You are not thinking about the consequences of your actions. And assuming, they will survive one way or another is just being irresponsible.
edit on 24-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by e11888

Star who's post, dude what are you talking about. Relax a bit man you making me edgy
. I see what you are saying and I agree to a certain extent, my opinion (and it's just that) is that governments will always try and take away your "freedoms", it's there job. It's our job to make sure they don't do so. Talking about population problem isn't taking away your freedom, it's talking about a problem that we are all facing. All of these artifical wars, mutating viruses, chemicals added to our foods and water supply, a (debatable) the stuff being sprayed in our skys, artifical weather attacks (debatable) are all forms of indirect war declared on the population for reasons most likely linked to the population problem. Sorry to say but they are already taking away your (our) freedom.

And that is the only reason I log onto this website everyday. Its the only thing I know to do to stop them. I just want to be left alone. I want to be truly free.

I think you are misinterpreting personal freedom and selfishness.

This is your attitude, "How do those rich assholes have the nerve to tell me I shouldn't have kids? I'll show them and have 20. That'll teach them!!!!!!"

To you, having 20 kids was your personal freedom but to your kids, they will see it as you being selfish. You are not thinking about the consequences of your actions. And assuming, they will survive one way or another is just being irresponsible.

As Ive already stated this is not my intention. I do not even have a child.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I'm not saying that's your intention, I'm just saying that's your mentality. Or else, why would you say in this day and age we should have MORE kids rather than less?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by e11888

I'm not saying that's your intention, I'm just saying that's your mentality. Or else, why would you say in this day and age we should have MORE kids rather than less?

Because the planet isnt overpopulated. Just because a man is dressed in a suit does not mean he tells you the absolute truth. We should be having more children to expand our reach in this universe. As Ive already stated, for humanity to survive, eventually we will have to expand onto other planets. Take it as Sci-fi, but it is science fact and something our species will eventually have to come to terms with. The more educated minds we have the better off we will be when that time comes. This planet will not keep us forever. On any given day our entire species could be wiped out from a solar flare, polar shift, asteroid, etc. The list truly does go on and on. Destroying our population isnt the solution. The solution is to expand. Wasting that money on war makes no sense when it can go to science and technology.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by e11888

Because the planet isnt overpopulated. Just because a man is dressed in a suit does not mean he tells you the absolute truth. We should be having more children to expand our reach in this universe. As Ive already stated, for humanity to survive, eventually we will have to expand onto other planets. Take it as Sci-fi, but it is science fact and something our species will eventually have to come to terms with. The more educated minds we have the better off we will be when that time comes. This planet will not keep us forever. On any given day our entire species could be wiped out from a solar flare, polar shift, asteroid, etc. The list truly does go on and on. Destroying our population isnt the solution. The solution is to expand. Wasting that money on war makes no sense when it can go to science and technology.

Do you live in a big city or in the woods? Where I'm from it takes over an hour to travel 30 miles. I go to the DMV and I have to wait 3 hours, just to get a new license. And let's not talk about the emergency rooms, I have to wait 6 hours before a doctor even talks to me about what my problem is. It wasn't like this 20 years ago. So don't tell me over-population isn't a problem. I know I know, I should just move to the woods where no one's around right? I don't want to move, I was born and raised here. It's my personal choice to stay where I was born.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

That would be why I let this thread carry on without even saying a word for... how many pages now? Right, dont argue the subject though lets talk about me. Enjoy your pictures

I tried to discuss the idea.. and you continually referred to me things I did not say, seem to think you can read my mind, and made assumptions about me and support of the NWO... weird..

Its really not difficult to discuss an article and not resort to the hysterics. I believe the planet is NOT overpopulated by numbers, but overpopulated by people who need to be handheld. If we were all productive, foreward thinking, freedom minded people who accepted personal responsibility for our choices... it wouldnt be an issue. Even is a larger percentage were.. it would be HUGE.

WHen people say, "push em out all you want.. its your RIGHT.. exercise your FREEDOMS!" wihtout the personal responsibility caveat... this makes it easy for the govt to suggest that there are simply too many people to support... hence the arguments of overpopulation. There is truly no way to sustain the amount of people that are carelessly brought into this world without care of forethought... and taught to expect to be cared for by everyone else.

I dont think the freedom to have children was ever bashed in any post I made. My beef is with those who exercise this wonderful choice and take no responsibility whatsoever and do it with no forethought just because its their "right".. and leave it up to the rest of us.

My other issue was that simply surviving is not adequate. If you equate "just surviving" with those who are anti govt intrusion and have been for decades.. you really need to listen more than post while making wild assumptions. "Just surviving" is not freedom or an expression of it. Just scraping by makes you no more freedom minded as the next person. Many of us do more than gripe on a message board concerning what we feel is an oppressive govt and needless intrusion. Like those who actively fight the Govt demanding that everyone must be hooked to the grid or they get a visit from DFS. That person is not "just surviving" but making an informed conscious choice with forethought. IN one case, the family made a conscious decision to llive a self sustaining lifestyle and had a bunch of kids.. that were doing great and not "just surviving". If one wants to just survive, live in a tent, be unable to feed the kids they churn out , just "survive" and call that freedom.. thats an incredibly ridiculous position! Those who need the support of strangers to support their children, yet exercise their right to spit them out repeatedly.. thats NOT freedom. That fool is intentionally enslaving themselves to an oppressive federal govt and neglecting their children. Exercising freedoms have consequences and they have demands. To suggest that someone who disagrees with you is a NWO supporter.. because you parrot " Freedom! Freedom! " and that makes you an expert on freedom apparently.. .. is indicative that youre very young or incredibly uninformed.

It seems that you read every response and inject your own attitude into it.. and then respond as if I have just slapped you with a glove! This is a MESSAGE BOARD. How about calming down and reading the posts without your own internal spin? Believe me, Im not foaming at the mouth, being catty, and Im certainly not going to remember you when I pass in to the next flavor of the day thread. If you can see this..you might stop making ludicrous assumptions about your fellow posters and get somewhere in your thread.

Now I actually do have to get off of here.. real life calls. So flame away.. and keep on making assumptions and pretend my every post is concerning YOU and not the issue
At least I wont see it and I may forget about checking for a response. Getting older definitely has wonderful perks... the not giving a crap to keep up a pathetic disagreement on a message board and forgetting things that are utterly unimportant is tops on the list.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by e11888

Do you live in a big city or in the woods? Where I'm from it takes over an hour to travel 30 miles. I go to the DMV and I have to wait 3 hours, just to get a new license. And let's not talk about the emergency rooms, I have to wait 6 hours before a doctor even talks to me about what my problem is. It wasn't like this 20 years ago. So don't tell me over-population isn't a problem. I know I know, I should just move to the woods where no one's around right? I don't want to move, I was born and raised here. It's my personal choice to stay where I was born.

I live in the city of Pittsburgh. Superbowl champs... 6 times. 7 if you count the counterfit loss to the Packers. No I dont live in New York or LA but I dont exactly live in the woods either. Guess what though? Instead of having to wait 6 hours to see a doctor... maybe, just maybe, we could HIRE people to actually see you! But no, that would reduce profit. How sad. So really sir, is it overpopulation to the point that we need to literally KILL PEOPLE so that you dont need to wait 6 hours to see a doctor or possibly, just possibly, corruption? Oh you dont like to sit in traffic? It didnt exist 20 years ago? I doubt that.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by e11888

Expanding our population without the means necessary to educate and care for them is pure folly. Just because there is more of a thing (people in this instance) does not mean they will automatically be more educated. Our species CANNOT explore other space until we learn how to best take care of our own, feeding, clothing, and feeding their brains. I'm sorry but I do not agree with you that letting rabbits run wild, so to speak, is going to magically solve that problem.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Killing people? Now you are saying Gore wants to kill people? The topic is Gore wants people to have less kids not Gore wants to kill people. You are being hardheaded and trying to make up stuff. Maybe one day when you get older, you'll realize what you are saying is completely ludicrous. No need to go any further with this discussion...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such an indepth response, I truly do appreciate it. It is not I that claimed you to be an nwo supporter. I do want the freedom of choice restored, yes, but I honestly do not sit here and read through comments to the point that my eyes bleed out simply to disagree with them. As many posts as there has been in this thread, not one has proven to me that this planet is overpopulated. The links given are simply links to other men in suits talking the same points as others have done previously with absolutely no proof.

Am I young? Yes I am. 23 to be exact. I do know that my founding fathers fought and died over this country to give us the one thing this world has never seen before; freedom. And it is that very thing that should have been protected but wasnt. This is exactly why we are where we are at right now and the exact reason why were having this discussion right now.

Simply put, I do not need a Government to tell me what to do with my life. I do not need a nanny state telling me how many children I should have, how much food I should eat or how many times a day I take a crap. I do not need an institution telling my children when and what to eat during their school days. I do not need police officers throwing me in prison for smoking a plant or the TSA sexually assaulting my family in the name of security. I want and demand my freedom. Nothing more.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

reply to post by e11888

Expanding our population without the means necessary to educate and care for them is pure folly. Just because there is more of a thing (people in this instance) does not mean they will automatically be more educated. Our species CANNOT explore other space until we learn how to best take care of our own, feeding, clothing, and feeding their brains. I'm sorry but I do not agree with you that letting rabbits run wild, so to speak, is going to magically solve that problem.

But thats not even what Im saying. All Im asking is the that Government get out of my life. Let me make my own decisions.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Killing people? Now you are saying Gore wants to kill people? The topic is Gore wants people to have less kids not Gore wants to kill people. You are being hardheaded and trying to make up stuff. Maybe one day when you get older, you'll realize what you are saying is completely ludicrous. No need to go any further with this discussion...

As ive already stated, what exactly do you think population control really means? Are you really not able to connect these dots?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join