It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Less Kids! Gore Pushes Population Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Al Gore branches out into population control theory

nation.foxnews.com

The global warming debate has always been a touchy one for both sides, and when the world’s top global warming activist is talking about the size of population and how that contributes to the choices societies make, it might be worth taking note..
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You really have to love this guy right? Not only is the man speaking on stage with a bottle of water that isnt so "environmentally friendly", but the guy has four kids. So what its okay for Al Gore to have four kids but I need to make sure I dont have more than one? I need to follow China's "one child policy" while you run around with four kids? You know it goes without saying, but for morons like this you really do have to spell it out, practice what you preach a bit yeah? Dont tell me you care about the environment while you're drinking out of a plastic water bottle.

nation.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Links have been fixed. Error in posting.
edit on 22-6-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having less kids, it's the more responsible thing to do this day and age. When peak oil hits, many will be sorry they didn't practice sustainability before hand.

Most of you seem to have some sort of illness "Everyone is out to get us"

Go to a doctor, get it checked out. I'm sure they have medicine for it "Oh no big Pharma"

Give me a break.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ummm that's quite common sense. If we are having problems with jobs, infrastructure, food, resources, pollution, energy (oil, coal, gas) etc.. one cause is our over bloated population. Not to mention the exponential problem. This planet is shaking with 7 billion people on it. Any organism when given the opportunity to grow unchecked is in for a rude awakening when that bubble bursts, which is what we are seeing now. Who cares if it is Al Gore saying it, the truth is the truth. There are too many humans on this planet, and with our current paradigm there is no way to sustain our current numbers let alone growth.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Algore. How come every time I hear his name I burst out laughing?

This guy has turned into a punchline. The only other entity I think comes close to this clown is the United Nations.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Its really sad when humanity has been taught that humanity is bad. I cant even begin to argue with the above posters because the thought of it makes me want to puke.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Let's start the population control by getting all these hypocritical poop-heads on another planet!

I know I'll breathe easier.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

AL Gore is the ultimate hypocrite. I work in Nashville TN where just one of his homes sits in upscale Belle Meade. The notion that he really cares about anything other than himself flew out the window a while back in this town. HE does not really drive a prius that was a publicity stunt. He is driven around in SUV convoys like he is president...he probably hasnt driven himself in 30 years!!! HIs house here is HUGE HUGE HUGE bigger than a castle!!! THe lights are always on, yard is watered and perfect...NOTHING i have seen him personally do matches the absolute lying arrogannce that flies out of his disgusting mouth. He wants to tell you to live like a hermit while he lives like a king. THe difference bbetween me and other folks on here regarding this subject is that people in my area see him firstthand for the crook,hack, and liar he really is.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

This guy has turned into a punchline. The only other entity I think comes close to this clown is the United Nations.

That's all well and good but do you have anything to comment on what he actually said?

Having fewer children (a.k.a "population control") is a good thing. The Earth is undeniably headed towards overpopulation, if it's not there already. We are straining the planet for resources, and simply choosing to have fewer children is the best, least freedom-infringing method of managing that problem.

While I agree with Gore's sentiments, he would be much better off taking this message to developing countries. We here in the US have a relatively low birth rate when compared with countries in Africa and Asia. Those exploding populations will eventually put a massive strain on global resources 20-50 years down the line. If we think things are bad now we have no idea what it's going to be like when our children inherit the planet.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having less kids, it's the more responsible thing to do this day and age.

This emphasized. Too many people have kids for the sake of having kids, many to benefit from government handouts sadly. Responsibility is absolutely vital. To gore's point who cares, the man is a troglodyte and unimportant. He can have his opinion its just that nobody cares or has to listen. I hope in due time that time travel occurs so that we can go back and kick his father in the nads and not have to endure this boob anymore.

brill
edit on 22-6-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Now that Gore is separated from Tipper and not getting any, he wants to inflict his state on all others.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
we need population control desperately. the alternative will become cannibalism. there just simply aren't enough resources to accommodate the growth booms.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

That's all well and good but do you have anything to comment on what he actually said?

Having fewer children (a.k.a "population control") is a good thing. The Earth is undeniably headed towards overpopulation, if it's not there already. We are straining the planet for resources, and simply choosing to have fewer children is the best, least freedom-infringing method of managing that problem.

While I agree with Gore's sentiments, he would be much better off taking this message to developing countries. We here in the US have a relatively low birth rate when compared with countries in Africa and Asia. Those exploding populations will eventually put a massive strain on global resources 20-50 years down the line. If we think things are bad now we have no idea what it's going to be like when our children inherit the planet.

WE HAVE A LOW BIRTH RATE BECAUSE OF ALL THE #ING # THEY PUT IN OUR WATER AND FOOD... God help me I cant do this argument. This planet is not overpopulated. Do you know how much land exists in this country alone that still has never even seen a human being? Do you know how much land can still be used in this world? KILLING PEOPLE is not the solution. Innovation, technology or possibly ADVANCING OUR SPECIES is the solution. We need to be #ing like rabbits. There are too few human beings on this planet.

All this money going into planned parenthood when there is no excuse for anyone to EVER have an abortion and yes that includes incest and rape. Have you ever seen the waiting list to adopt a child?! People will literally pay you to sit there and pump out children for the rest of your life. The woman that created planned parenthood was a known racist with one of her best known quotes being: "Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated." And I should support this institution?! Abortion is MURDER and in every case it should be treated that way. If someone murders a pregnant woman, regardless of how far along she is, that person would be on trial for two murders. So why is it that abortion is not treated the same when its seen this way in the court of law?!

Humanity needs to advance itself not castrate itself. We need to be placing this money into research into things like technology, space travel, etc. so that eventually we can leave this rock. We should be doing everything possible to ensure our survival as a species. Humanity isnt a disease and Im sick of these paid off scum minions telling me otherwise.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
He has a point, but I dont think it applies to developed countries, where population is already going to decrease. But the bottom line is, humanity needs to live within our means, and with 7 billion and climbing, that is currently not the case. Sadly, it is the innocent children that pay the price of living in an overpopulated world..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can only summarize my thoughts with this video of the intro to the movie Idiocracy.

Sure, this movie is not about over population... but it does remind of us an interesting statistic. Folks with lower IQ seem to do the over populating in the US. While folks with higher IQ put some thought into bringing a child into the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
We should be doing everything possible to ensure our survival as a species. Humanity isnt a disease and Im sick of these paid off scum minions telling me otherwise.

And IF our survival was proved to be under threat because of overpopulation what would be your answer?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
we need population control desperately. the alternative will become cannibalism. there just simply aren't enough resources to accommodate the growth booms.

Al Gore and Clinton are eating dinner. Al says, I hate my mother-in-law.
Clinton says, just eat the potato salad then.

What we need to do is drill for oil and stop growing corn for ethanol.

Then it's numnums for everyone!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think everyone should have as many kids as possible! We get a higher score for having as big a population as possible when time runs out, right?

Wait a minute... this isnt sid meirs civ IV... this is real life, and I have to LIVE around all those money worshiping, mcdonalds eating, public school educated, American idol watching and facebook facing and tweeter tweeting idiots...

Despite who the message comes from, humanity is NOT in balance with nature, and humanity is most certainly NOT superior to nature (regardless of what some mythology book says (read: bible)), thus has no right to be expanding, consuming, and destroying as it does, like an aggressive mold.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thomas Malthus said the same thing.........300 years ago.

Do some research.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join