It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Pakistanis Object To Bin Laden Killing!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oh, right. This is a thread about the korean war now...

You guys need to get real jobs, spouting bull propaganda to defend your corrupt government is not a real job.

Bin Laden was never killed. Why would they kill their own operative?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

en.wikipedia.org...

Tell me, do you believe U.S intervention in Korea was a good or a bad thing?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Oh I agree we helped the South Korean people. However things are never so black and white. The US did not go to war to save the South Koreans from communist oppression. They saved them because of the strategic location of the Korean peninsula, and to instill the US's new found love for plutocracy and corporate power because that makes money and money is power.

Also like I said in my previous post. It was a shadow war to fight the soviets and China, to attempt to prove to the world that Democracy is stronger than Communism. However this war of ideals has never truly been settled becasue both forms of government are hopelessly corrupt.

I think the humanitarian concern of the Korean war was 3rd if not 4th on the US list of priorities.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

You are right we are getting off topic.

*pleads for the mods to be merciful*

However you need to stop trolling the thread and insert some useful information, other than making accusations. You do not know me or all my beliefs so do not go making judgments.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Seems to me that they don't like the fact that another country took military action inside their country rather than the killing of Bin Laden himself.

And they dont like the fact it embarrased them to the world, and shown that Osama was living right in their own country, and probably being supported by some people in their government

Not only did Pakistan know it but so did the US. The US didn't even tell Pakistan what they were doing. That speaks volumes in itself, now Pakistan is mad. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

You are right we are getting off topic.

*pleads for the mods to be merciful*

However you need to stop trolling the thread and insert some useful information, other than making accusations. You do not know me or all my beliefs so do not go making judgments.

How about i report all of your posts in this thread that are off topic?

And i did contribute. I said that osama bin ladens death was a farce. A fake story to take attention away from B.O.'s fake birth certificate, and try to get him brownie points for the next election. (yeah right)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Al-Qaeda even confirmed that Bin Laden is dead. What proof can you get?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

IMHO Bin Laden is dead. Either he died when they reported it, or he was killed some years ago and just decided to reveal it now.

I absolutely agree that Obama is using this to get himself reelected, probably the best thing to happen during a presidency (save G W Bush and 9/11).

As to the reason why they would kill him. Why not? He served his purpose time to move on to the next scary monster hiding in the closet.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

IMHO Bin Laden is dead. Either he died when they reported it, or he was killed some years ago and just decided to reveal it now.

I absolutely agree that Obama is using this to get himself reelected, probably the best thing to happen during a presidency (save G W Bush and 9/11).

As to the reason why they would kill him. Why not? He served his purpose time to move on to the next scary monster hiding in the closet.

I see how your organizations new plan is to cut your losses.

Stick with the story that "bin laden is dead, either he died now, or a long time ago and they just wanna tell you now"

I say how about the real story?

Bin Laden was a scapegoat for murderous fools who have no regard for life and would sacrifice thousands of their men women and children for the sake of starting a pointless war?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Seems to me that they don't like the fact that another country took military action inside their country rather than the killing of Bin Laden himself.

And I'm not particularly keen on the fact that our supposed "ally" was hiding bin Laden.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I wonder how the Indians feel about Pakistani invovlement in the Mumbai massacre? We should leave Pakistan and let the Indians deal with it.

This is one time where I approve of foreign aid.

How many missiles do you need, India? What flavor?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh I agree we helped the South Korean people. However things are never so black and white. The US did not go to war to save the South Koreans from communist oppression. They saved them because of the strategic location of the Korean peninsula, and to instill the US's new found love for plutocracy and corporate power because that makes money and money is power.

Also like I said in my previous post. It was a shadow war to fight the soviets and China, to attempt to prove to the world that Democracy is stronger than Communism. However this war of ideals has never truly been settled becasue both forms of government are hopelessly corrupt.

I think the humanitarian concern of the Korean war was 3rd if not 4th on the US list of priorities.

Except that it was the North that invaded South Korea with the approval of Stalin. One would think from your message that the US just launched military strikes on North Korea out of the blue. And the military response to that was actually a UN action to oppose South Korea. If you think it was only US forces involved against the North too, you would be wrong.

We went there and spent all that money, for corporate profits? Hello, South Korea was a poor third world country at that time, they had no money.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

But why would the TPTB keep him alive anyway. He would be a security risk, he could leak information.

The Bin Laden scape goat angle does not make sense to me. He was not Oswald. He was a radical Islamic fundamentalist, that is why the CIA and other organizations conditioned him and trained followers to initiate the attacks on the US (this my speculative opinion). He had all the motivation in the world, the perfect man to pull the trigger and change the world.

He was never in some smoky room with some guys in suites where they told him "OK were going to blow up the WTC and your going to claim responsibility and we will hide you out in some cushy mansion for the rest of your life"

Why would the most powerful people on the planet make such a stupid decision. Would it not make more since to let him carry out the attacks the way he wanted to so there would be no suspension on the ones who planned it, and then kill him to tie up all the loose ends?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

And they dont like the fact it embarrased them to the world, and shown that Osama was living right in their own country, and probably being supported by some people in their government

Agreed but my point being, they would've probably cheered at the death of OBL as much as the next country, it's the fact that an "alien" armed force ilegally invaded their sovereign nation to get him that annoys them.

Pockistan (to para Obama) military and ISI is totally corrupt. They were hiding bin Laden.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 22-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

You completely misinterpreted what I said.

Yes this was a UN action, not just the US.

The soviets and Chinese had their own motivations as well, they wanted to control the Korean peninsula which is something the Russians, Koreans and Japanese had fought over for at least 100 years. And also wanted to fight the capitalists in a Shadow war (just like the US wanted to fight the soviets and Chinese in one).

A poor country has nothing to do with economic gains from war, look at Iraq and Afghanistan. You may argue there is oil in these countries and not in Korea. However this war was beneficial for the US because of the industrial war complex, allowing the manufacturing of the first active duty helicopters, new tank models, new artillery and explosives. This created tens of thousands of manufacturing jobs in the US who did most of the heavy fighting (next to the south Koreans them selves) in the war.

South Korea was treated a lot like Japan in the early and mid 19th century. They were being cultured for capitalism, which promises economic prosperity. When in fact all it does is prop up the powerful and rich and leaves the rest to have the crumbs that fall from their high table.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I fully expect Pakistanis to object to the US killing Bin Laden. I don't know if we actually did...I no longer believe nor trust my government. IF we did though, I certainly do not approve. If it were possible somehow to capture and try him for alleged crimes, that would interest me. Ah, the things that "we" might learn. Was/is Bin Laden a criminal? I have no idea...possible and probable (?). I've read he was a CIA asset for many years. Nothing good about that if true (I don't know that I've actually seen proof of that though). I do think Bush is, and Obama, and Clinton, and Reagan, and that other Bush.
edit on 6/22/2011 by FrenchOsage because: Poor choice of words.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Well, that would be true, if we were asking China to bomb us, and if we supplied bases for China to do that.

So you are saying if the US government against the will of the American people asked the Chinese government the bomb, kill, assassinate Americans, that would make it OK?

The funny thing is, the Libyan government didn't ask you to bomb them. It seems anything the US does is justified because in one scenario the government asked the US to bomb their people (JUSTIFIED), in another scenario a portion of the people asked US to bomb them (JUSTIFIED), in another scenario WMDs asked US to bomb them (JUSTIFIED), in another scenario ....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I don't understand the purpose of this thread. Obviously Pakistan object to the operation. How would you feel if the UK secretly sent troops into the US without telling it, and assassinated the head of the Mara Salvatrucha without any trial or due process, took his body, and then dumped him in the sea on the way back, and then said they couldn't inform the US, because then he might have been moved.

Would you support this action? Or would you "object" to it?

I really find American sentiment against Pakistan hilarious whenever I encounter it. It shows such an awesome lack of knowledge by Americans for their own history, it's amazing. I mean, the American foreign policy seriously seems completely geared towards digging itself into it's own hole.

So the Americans want local support to stop the Russians in Afghanistan, and also wanted to have a buffer between Russia (and possibly Afghanistan) and India, which at the time had "neutral" (or possibly pro-soviet). And Pakistan is certainly no angel, and probably didn't care either way for communism or capitalism (heck, they were the ones who initially opened up dialog between the US and China), but understood and appreciated American support, and wanted it.

So the US lost a little money, and Afghanistan gained weapons, and Pakistan gained an influx of millions of Afghani refugees, along with the associated gun culture (the word "kalashnikov" was not something the common Pakistani was familiar with before that) and associated drug stuff, which was previously almost non-existent in that area.

So after the US gained their little victory, where they decided it was clever to combat communism with religious extremism, they up and left, and let the leftovers fester and seed in the area.

Which, by the way, brings me to a small digression: "Mujahiddin" is a general term for all the afghans/pakistanis whoever who actually fought against Russia in Afghanistan. The Taliban, when they originated were comprised of many of the Mujahiddin, and initially came about as a counter to the rampant corruption and depravity of the local, broken governance (and then moved on in crazy and insane directions from there).

Who was there to pick up the slack? Pakistan. Once again, Pakistan is no angel, and they weren't getting much support from the US anymore (in fact, they were being sanctioned at this point for developing nuclear weapons as a counter against India's nuclear weapons), so they had to make do with the best of a situation that was present- so they decided that instead of fighting 2 enemies, this religious fundamentalist seed was a good counter for who they considered their other "enemy": India.

Of course, the US didn't really care about any of this, until, predictably, it all came back to bite them in the ass in 2001 (and yes, the CIA financed WITH KNOWLEDGE groups that were known to have ties with foreign -in many cases arab- groups, including Osama and Al Qaeda). Then, it remembered everything again, and once again, it turned to it's old buddy Pakistan, who happened to be in the area, and Pakistan, always willing to get some more money in support, agreed to help out. Predictably, along with the small amount of money and contracts, all the negative stuff also got dumped on Pakistan: thousands of terrorist attacks (Aside from the countries where the actual operations took place- Afghanistan and Iraq - Pakistan is the country with the highest civilian and military casualties), loads of drone attacks on it's civilians, as well as still having the distrust of the US.

So it really shouldn't surprise anyone that that the Pakistani public just wants the US to go away, and objected to the US operation done in their country.

Another digression: Obama is the US president that probably comes closest to the correct pronunciation of the name of the country Pakistan

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

How would the US feel if a Chinese hit squad went inside US borders and eliminated someone? Would the US sit back and take it?

st.

well if we knew their target was living next to Annapolis in a house 8x's the size of the rest of the people for 6 yrs.

and took money to find said target for years and played a dbbl game all the while.

(big breath) and if the chinese pulled off getting in there and taking out their target then getting back to canada or mexico.....

whoa! "we are not worthy!! we are not worthy!!"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join