It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Poll: Pakistanis Object To Bin Laden Killing!

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by SatoriTheory
 


and how do you feel when you found out when Bin Laden got moved to a different location if we warned them ahead of time? Would you be happy? Since Pakistan isn't doing anything to stop terrorism, we might as well do it for them. Nothing more than a crab-walk due to the fact Pakistan isn't going anything to stop terrorism. Plus they are our allies we supposed to be helping each other(which Pakistan failed accordingly).
edit on 22-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)


You claim Pakistan isn't doing anything to stop terrorism. Yet you seem to fail to see that the US actions are doing everything to encourage terrorism. It take two sides to war. If the US could forget about its pathetic nationalistic pride for 5 minutes and see the bigger world around them, respect the views, rights and wishes of other nations, then the world may not be in such a steaming pile of brown stuff as it currently is.

st.




posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by SatoriTheory
 


and how do you feel when you found out when Bin Laden got moved to a different location if we warned them ahead of time? Would you be happy? Since Pakistan isn't doing anything to stop terrorism, we might as well do it for them. Nothing more than a crab-walk due to the fact Pakistan isn't going anything to stop terrorism. Plus they are our allies we supposed to be helping each other(which Pakistan failed accordingly).
edit on 22-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)


You claim Pakistan isn't doing anything to stop terrorism. Yet you seem to fail to see that the US actions are doing everything to encourage terrorism. It take two sides to war. If the US could forget about its pathetic nationalistic pride for 5 minutes and see the bigger world around them, respect the views, rights and wishes of other nations, then the world may not be in such a steaming pile of brown stuff as it currently is.

st.


There you go with the "blame America" crap. If Pakistan is stopping terrorism, how come is ther are many Taliban living comfortable in their country and explain to me why Bin laden was living yds away from the Pakistani military academy for years? That make no sense for the ISI to not found him. FYI, the world is and was a bigger mess before the US got involved. In fact, Afghanistan has been a mess, unstable, and it been for longest time so how did the US ruined it? Pakistan isn't doing anything to stop terrorism in fact, there are load of proof of Pakistan having to harbor terrorism in their country. If Pakistan Or maybe Pakistan should corroborated more with the US but no they haven't done enough to stop it, maybe we could have respect them. Also Pakistan government asked us to do drone strikes so blame on them.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
There you go with the "blame America" crap. If Pakistan is stopping terrorism, how come is ther are many Taliban living comfortable in their country and explain to me why Bin laden was living yds away from the Pakistani military academy for years? That make no sense for the ISI to not found him. FYI, the world is and was a bigger mess before the US got involved. In fact, Afghanistan has been a mess, unstable, and it been for longest time so how did the US ruined it? Pakistan isn't doing anything to stop terrorism in fact, there are load of proof of Pakistan having to harbor terrorism in their country. If Pakistan Or maybe Pakistan should corroborated more with the US but no they haven't done enough to stop it, maybe we could have respect them. Also Pakistan government asked us to do drone strikes so blame on them.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)


If you took off your rose tinted spectacles for a few moments, and looked at the state of the world, you would be able to see that US foreign policy damages relations. The world wants to like the US, but the US wants to dictate, control. Go do some travelling, see the world, meet the people. You will find out that is the case.

The Taliban come from the regions around northern pakistan, that's why they are there, always have been. Taliban are not terrorist, they are just pictured that way by the western media to serve a goal. The Taliban are a tribe of people.

I have no idea if Bin Laden was living in Pakistan at all. Do you? How? Maybe the ISI didn't find him because he wasn't actually there? No body, no pictures.

When Russia was involved in Afghanistan, who was supporting and training the Taliban? CIA.

Pakistan is not a massively rich nation, it does not have the resources available to fight terrorism that the US has. That doesn't mean they are not trying. Their resources could be stretched very thin. You cant judge another nations abilities based on your own nations.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
For anyone interested in learning about Pakistan, THIS THREAD was created by Silent Thunder some time ago. In all honesty it did not recieve the attention it deserved. For anyone wanting to understand Pakistan and Central Asia this is a good place to start. However political issues in that region are somewhat more complex than the soap opera of American politics, so if you are actualy interested it will require your time, patience and some serious critical thinking skills that seem to be lost on oh so many
[hence the 3 replies]

Pakistan, Power, Politics and Planet Earth

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
There you go with the "blame America" crap. If Pakistan is stopping terrorism, how come is ther are many Taliban living comfortable in their country and explain to me why Bin laden was living yds away from the Pakistani military academy for years? That make no sense for the ISI to not found him. FYI, the world is and was a bigger mess before the US got involved. In fact, Afghanistan has been a mess, unstable, and it been for longest time so how did the US ruined it? Pakistan isn't doing anything to stop terrorism in fact, there are load of proof of Pakistan having to harbor terrorism in their country. If Pakistan Or maybe Pakistan should corroborated more with the US but no they haven't done enough to stop it, maybe we could have respect them. Also Pakistan government asked us to do drone strikes so blame on them.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)


If you took off your rose tinted spectacles for a few moments, and looked at the state of the world, you would be able to see that US foreign policy damages relations. The world wants to like the US, but the US wants to dictate, control. Go do some travelling, see the world, meet the people. You will find out that is the case.

The Taliban come from the regions around northern pakistan, that's why they are there, always have been. Taliban are not terrorist, they are just pictured that way by the western media to serve a goal. The Taliban are a tribe of people.

I have no idea if Bin Laden was living in Pakistan at all. Do you? How? Maybe the ISI didn't find him because he wasn't actually there? No body, no pictures.

When Russia was involved in Afghanistan, who was supporting and training the Taliban? CIA.

Pakistan is not a massively rich nation, it does not have the resources available to fight terrorism that the US has. That doesn't mean they are not trying. Their resources could be stretched very thin. You cant judge another nations abilities based on your own nations.





For last time i remember when US stayed away from WW2, somehow we still got dragged into a major war that Europe started resulting the deaths of 60 million. The US foreign policy adopted the policy of the Containment to combat the USSR and some actually worked(although everyone critical of US sticking it's nose). The Taliban doesn't even exist in the 1980s. In fact, look at the year what Taliban was created, it was the Pakistan ISI in 1994. Majority of them who formed the Taliban were mostly Pakistani. We trained the Mujadhideen so different group. Some fought with them and some joined the Taliban but most who joined the Taliban are mostly Pakistani. Fact is if world doesn't like the US as a leader, why don't other countries step up and show us how it's done?

I think that you think that Taliban fights for purpose, why don;t you join with them? I would love to do that and hunt you down. Also i would like to know where you come from?
edit on 22-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
For last time i remember when US stayed away from WW2, somehow we still got dragged into a major war that Europe started resulting the deaths of 60 million. The US foreign policy adopted the policy of the Containment to combat the USSR and some actually worked(although everyone critical of US sticking it's nose). The Taliban doesn't even exist in the 1980s. In fact, look at the year what Taliban was created, it was the Pakistan ISI in 1994. Majority of them who formed the Taliban were mostly Pakistani. We trained the Mujadhideen so different group. Some fought with them and some joined the Taliban but most who joined the Taliban are mostly Pakistani. Fact is if world doesn't like the US as a leader, why don't other countries step up and show us how it's done?

I think that you think that Taliban fights for purpose, why don;t you join with them? I would love to do that and hunt you down.


Same groups, different names. Your nationalistic pride is clouding your better judgement.

No other nation would get the chance to lead the world. We can see how that would be the case right now, as the US is constantly using its veto within the UN, if its against US foreign policy, if its against US national interest, then the US rules it out completely. The US only cares about itself. Its not a good neighbor.

Hunt me down?
How old are you? 12?



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory
 


He might think hunting you down will unlock a new badge for call of duty???



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
They are obviously playing both sides here. Take the money from the US while turning a blind eye to the terrorist harbored within their territories.

But it is clear that the US military is aware of it, and have been amping up their actions regardless of the Pakistani protest.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

For last time i remember when US stayed away from WW2, somehow we still got dragged into a major war that Europe started resulting the deaths of 60 million. The US foreign policy adopted the policy of the Containment to combat the USSR and some actually worked(although everyone critical of US sticking it's nose). The Taliban doesn't even exist in the 1980s. In fact, look at the year what Taliban was created, it was the Pakistan ISI in 1994. Majority of them who formed the Taliban were mostly Pakistani. We trained the Mujadhideen so different group. Some fought with them and some joined the Taliban but most who joined the Taliban are mostly Pakistani. Fact is if world doesn't like the US as a leader, why don't other countries step up and show us how it's done?

I think that you think that Taliban fights for purpose, why don;t you join with them? I would love to do that and hunt you down.


WW2 was a lot different then the current conflict we are in today. Nazi Germany and Nationalist Japan had the technology and man power to conquer the world. That US had to enter that war because they recognized that the worlds very civil existence was on the line.

The Taliban did not exist in the 80's like you said. However the people who formed the Taliban were all "freedom fighter" aka the Mujadhideen trained by the CIA to combat the soviets. They also were the first recruited by the radical Islamic factions which would later become Al-Qaeda.

Pakistan is not a "good guy" IMO. But they are not guilty of the crimes committed by Al-Qaeda. Yes there were loyalists to OBL in Pakistan. But he also has loyalists in the US and everywhere else in the world.

I suggest you watch the BBC documentary The Power of Nightmares it has a lot of useful information.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze
 


Well said! You can have a star for that!


The simple things!



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory
 


No use to argue with a guys like you. In fact, the UN is just as corrupt as many nations are. the oil for food scandal for once. www.guardian.co.uk...

Also what about the UN trying to prevent the US from the Rwandan genocide? Good job for UN.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hooray! Let's develop MORE tensions between ourselves and another country!!

Who needs PEACE anyway??



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15
 


So by way off admission you accept the U.S is just as corrupt?



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye
 


Yet you cannot deny the fact it was a major war that killed lots of people far more than Korea, Vietnam, and all modern warfares. After that, it got break down down into smaller wars during the Cold War. Last time we ignored Afghanistan, then we ended up getting 9/11. Everytime we stayed out of it, we got sucked into two wars. I'm not sure if Isolationism worked today but i believe we should stay out of it then other countries had to do the work.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15
 


WW2 was the last "justifiable" war ever fought by this country. Every single war after that was either a war on policy or a war to keep the economy growing. WW2 showed us what real evil is, but it also showed us something very bad which was the industrial war complex. They figured out that "Whoa war makes loads of money".

The UN is just as corrupt as the USA. Why? because the US, UK, France, Russia, and China control it. They play the same game of US politics, just on an international scale. Nothing ever gets truly accomplished. The best things to ever come out of the UN did not come from politicians, but from normal loving and compassionate people.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye
 


Ya i know that WW2 was a last war we fought but in the Korean war, if the UN did not intervene, then Korea would be under communism. I don't know why i'm talking about the past because i started a thread that has something to do with Pakistan.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
HAHaa.

Looks like the disinformationists are still at it!

Trying to make threads which makes it seem like the "Osama Bin Laden has been killed!" event actually happened.

Give it up people. No one believes it.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15
 


half of it is under communism



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15
 


I love the subject of the Korean war I find it fascinating.

The Korean war had no justifiable cause either. Other than the fact that most of the western world hated communism. Other than that it was very similar to other conflicts we have intervened upon. It was a civil war, that we got involved in because it was for us a veiled war against the soviets and China. We used the place as a testing ground for new weapons and vehicles and in the end we accomplished nothing short of preventing the north from moving south and killing thousands of innocent civilians. The Korean war is the only war (other than Vietnam) where there is significant evidence of US war crimes.

South Korea also became the capitalist dream of eastern Asia. Strange do you not think.



posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze
 


I know because china intervened to save North Korea but also failed to push the UN-led forces out of South Korea.



We used the place as a testing ground for new weapons and vehicles and in the end we accomplished nothing short of preventing the north from moving south and killing thousands of innocent civilians. The Korean war is the only war (other than Vietnam) where there is significant evidence of US war crimes.


The only thing it did achieve was protecting South Korea. Maybe you weren't fond of UN getting involved so try tell that to the people of SK. Try and be on their shoes.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join