It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Pakistanis Object To Bin Laden Killing!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Poll: Pakistanis Object To Bin Laden Killing!

www.ktvu.com

Most Pakistanis told pollsters they disapproved of the U.S. military operation that killed alQaida leader Osama bin Laden and the direction their country was headed, according to a poll released Tuesday by the Pew Research Center.
In all, nearly two-thirds (63 percent) expressed disapproval of the raid, while only 10 percent said they approved of it.
In addition, about half of Pakistanis (51 percent) said they think the May 2 raid on bin Laden's home in Abbottabad will adversely affect their....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just screw Pakistan seriously. Even Pakistan arrested five informants that helped the CIA led to the location of Bin Laden compound was. Where? In Pakistan! And to this one they disapproved the killing of Bin Laden which means that they even harbored terrorists in their country. They failed to do so what? That's shows what a true friendship Pakistan is. However the real problem is that Pakistan has nukes so sadly we had to support them.

Like the old saying goes "with friends like these who needs enemies".

www.ktvu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Well, if Chinese government was bombing your country in almost daily basis, conducting illegal operations and invading your neighbour, not to mention assassinating an innocent man (until proven guilty) then dumping his body in the sea like the mafia, shooting his wife like an animal blablabla, you get where I'm going with this right?

We all live in different realities, I wouldn't want to live in yours.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Assassination of an innocent men? This guy is consider military combatant and he bragged about 9/11. Why don''t you get lost? I don't like you either because i think you are a support of Bin laden right? He attacked our country by flying our planes into the World Trade Center. and we had to take him back. If Pakistan refuse to do their job and locate their Al-Qaeda targets, then we do it. Beside I do not like you and never will be. I take it you're friends with Bin Laden so why don't you screw it and take it somewhere else. Our military killed more Al-Qaeda leaders than any nation and most of them had no guns.(no offense to NATO but it's true).

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Isn't it a bit late to have an objection to Bin Laden's killing?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Seems to me that they don't like the fact that another country took military action inside their country rather than the killing of Bin Laden himself.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Indeed my friend. Pakistan is not our friend anyway and in fact most americans don;t like Pakistan as an ally since they found out Bin laden was inside their country. Let's see even Pakistan ISS supported the Taliban so it's make sense why they refuse to take out so many terrorist leaders.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Lets see even the CIA supported the ISS

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wonder how the Indians feel about Pakistani invovlement in the Mumbai massacre? We should leave Pakistan and let the Indians deal with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
Our military killed more Al-Qaeda leaders than any nation and most of them had no guns.(no offense to NATO but it's true).

In all honesty man, that's really not something you should be proud of. War isn't a game of 'Call of Duty'.

Just saying.

st.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

I'm not saying it's COD. But it's a well known fact that our military killed more Al-Qaeda leaders than any other country. Not to say other nations did i'm sure they did(and i appreciated them for helping us) but it's well know fact. I think most of them were killed by our Predator drones.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

Well, if Chinese government was bombing your country in almost daily basis, conducting illegal operations and invading your neighbour, not to mention assassinating an innocent man (until proven guilty) then dumping his body in the sea like the mafia, shooting his wife like an animal blablabla, you get where I'm going with this right?

We all live in different realities, I wouldn't want to live in yours.

Well, that would be true, if we were asking China to bomb us, and if we supplied bases for China to do that.

Which is exactly what Pakistan does. They want those strikes, they often tell where they want it, they supply facilities too for the Predator aircraft. Then after the strike, they publicly moan about it, but in secret they were wanting it and just protest for publicity purposes

Its just part of their double game.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Seems to me that they don't like the fact that another country took military action inside their country rather than the killing of Bin Laden himself.

And they dont like the fact it embarrased them to the world, and shown that Osama was living right in their own country, and probably being supported by some people in their government

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
well the Pakistani People can be assured,
that OBL was not killed in Pakistan but in 2001
in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

And they dont like the fact it embarrased them to the world, and shown that Osama was living right in their own country, and probably being supported by some people in their government

Agreed but my point being, they would've probably cheered at the death of OBL as much as the next country, it's the fact that an "alien" armed force ilegally invaded their sovereign nation to get him that annoys them.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Why should Pakistanis approve of having a foreign country's military forces in their own country ? Let alone a foreign force launching air and ground attacks.

No wonder the majority object to the attack in Abbottabad.

The US military should get the heck out of Pakistan !

edit on 22-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well seeing as Al-Qaeda were allegedly set up by the CIA, it makes sense they would know who to target.
Add to that the fact that US has the largest military presence, most personnel on the ground, its not really a surprise. Still nothing to be proud of. Quite sad really.

How would the US feel if a Chinese hit squad went inside US borders and eliminated someone? Would the US sit back and take it?

st.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Agreed but my point being, they would've probably cheered at the death of OBL as much as the next country, it's the fact that an "alien" armed force ilegally invaded their sovereign nation to get him that annoys them.

And had we warned Pakistan ahead of time, they would have moved Bin Laden to a different location. If Pakistan do to stop more terror attacks and track down Al-Qaeda leaders harder, we would not be entering their country do do it for them by doing our drone strikes and such........

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

and how do you feel when you found out when Bin Laden got moved to a different location if we warned them ahead of time? Would you be happy? Since Pakistan isn't doing anything to stop terrorism, we might as well do it for them. Nothing more than a crab-walk due to the fact Pakistan isn't going anything to stop terrorism. Plus they are our allies we supposed to be helping each other(which Pakistan failed accordingly).

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Not neccesarily, Osama is not a villian to Pakistanis the way he is in the west. And if their own government had claimed to have found him and then took action to kill them, it would not look like their government was involved in hiding them. But since for years Osama did live there and was found by another country, it did make Pakistan look bad, not just in how another military came in, but in how Osama was found comfortable living in their own country.

It was in Pakistanis interest to shield Osama away and keep him hidden and live, since each day that Osama was alive, meant more money coming in to them to fight terrorism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join