It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims do care if you burn the Koran - stop stupidity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

The real Muslim is the one who is acting according Quran

Exactly!

And you wonder why we have issues?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Yes but in the US, we believe in unalienable human rights, rights that all men no matter what they believe or where they live have a right to.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,"

Yes thankfully we do have a document here in America that describes these rights, that should always be the bases we go off of. Its the high minded people who have taken the same arguments you use to strip us of our rights.
edit on 22-6-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Offending other religions is stupid.

But how you react to the offense is an indication of the character of the individual. Beheading christians because a book was burned?

Poor response, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I hope I am proven wrong. The only problem is, I have to die to find out, so I'll never know.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Personally I don't see the reason for the over reaction towards the burning of holy books.

(I do not agree with book burning, books are too precious to burn, except if your a pensioner/poor and have no other way to heat your home, then I say, go for it)

But honestly, I do not see Roman Catholics (of which I was one) running around harming others when the people around here blow up/burn effigies of the Pope, or hang up signs that say "no popery"
edit on 22/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
I dont believe it is incitement to violence. I believe its burning a book, plain and simple.

And that's why - thank goodness ! - people with your views will never be elected to a position of power !

If ANY religion says that you have to go kill "infadels" because you believed they wronged you or your "god", then that is the definition of stupidity.

Does any religion say that ? I don't know. However, I agree that that would be a bit stupid.

But, is this any different to the famous laws against shouting ''fire'' in a crowded theatre ?

I mean, you'd have to be a bit daft to run towards the fire exits, causing a stampede, just because someone screamed ''fire'', even so there was no obvious fire or smell of smoke.

Books aren't people. And if you feel that you have to avenge a book, then you have been hit with the stupid stick one too many times.

You are intentionally being over-simplistic here, so I guess there's no hope of discussing this matter with you in a more rational manner.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

LMAO people with his views, because elected officials are such great people? Being elected to office is no measure of ones intelligence or morals.

If i where him Id take it as a compliment that you said that, the day I get elected to public office will have been a day I sold my soul along with most of my convictions and beliefs.
edit on 22-6-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sorry, my comment my source :

Sura 5:68 (Al-Maida) : SAY; O, PEOPLE OF THE BOOK? YOU ARE NOT ON ANYTHING (YOU DO NOT HAVE A TRUE CREED), UNLESS YOU UPHOLD TOWRAT AND ENJIL (i.e. THE BIBLE AND THE GOSPEL), AND WHAT WAS SENT DOWN TO YOU FROM YOUR LORD. AND WHAT WAS SENT DOWN TO YOU FROM YOUR LORD, WILL INCREASE MANY OF THEM IN REBLLIOIN AND BLASPHEMY. THEREFORE, SORROW NOT OVER THE UNBELIEVING PEOPLE.

The interpreting :

CAUSE OF THE REVELATION. (VERSE NO. 68) A group of the Jews asked our prophet:- ``Do you believe that our Bible (TOWRطT) has been sent down to us from Allah?'' The prophet said:- ``Yes I do!'' The Jews said again:- ``We too, believe that the Bible has been sent down by Allah, but none the else! Therefore we both parties agree upon a common book and the LAW. Then you leave aside your Quran, and join us in the judgement of Towrat; and there shall be no more problem or difficulty among the Muslims and Jews! So the verse was revealed to this effect.'' COMMENTS

Strange was the fallacy of the Jews, and childish was their deceptive appearance! Their reasonings never satisfied the conditions of logical proofs or the valid laws of an argument. The verse therefore gives them a knocking down answer that:-

``You Israelites have not any ground of a creed to stand upon it, unless you uphold the Bible (TOWRAT), and put to practice the Law and all that has been sent down from our Lord. This is because principally all the Scriptures are one, and from the same source, though they are in different educational classes, and evidently the last of them (i.e. Quran) is the best of them, and the most perfect one among all.''

But the Jews through their vanity and arrogance behaved so hopelessly that the verse adds, addressing the prophet again:- ``What was sent down to you will increase many of them in rebellion and blasphemy, therefore sorrow not over the people who are faithless, No harm can be done by them to you, because Allah will protect you from the people, and their hurt and mischief will reflect back upon themselves

Sura 4:136 (Al-Nisa) : O, YOU WHO BELIEVE! BELIEVE IN ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER, AND IN THE BOOK THAT HE SENT DOWN TO HIS MESSENGER, AND IN THE BOOK THAT HE HAS SENT BEFORE. AND HE WHO DENIES ALLAH AND HIS ANGELS, AND HIS BOOKS, AND HIS MESSENGER, AND THE LAST DAY (OF JUDGEMENT) HAS INDEED STRAYED A FAR ASTRAY.

The interpreting :

OCCASION OF REVELATION. (VERSE NO. 136) It is narrated from IBN- ABBAS that some of the chieftains, and men of eminence from among the people of Scriptures, such as ABDULLA- IBN- SALAM, SAID- IBN- KAAB, his brother ASAD- IBN- KAAB, and other distinguished ones, came to the prophet and said: ``We do believe in your Qurän, and in Moses and his bible, and in Ezra as an apostle. But to tell you the truth, we don't believe in any other prophet or Book, such as Jesus and his Gospel.'' The verse then came down to instruct that a Muslim should believe in all the prophets of God, and all the books that God has sent to His apostles for the guidance of mankind; if they want to have a true religion and a right and straight path to their origin and destination.
COMMENTS

Hereby some of the people of the Scriptures have been addressed, who due to their begotry were obstinately attached to some racial, national, or social opinion, creed, or practice; and were intolerant in their unreasonable Zeal and fanaticism. Qurän wants such people to know

that all the prophets and all the Divine Books have come out of the same source and origin which is Allah. Any belief and faith which takes its origin by habit, birth, imitation and fancy, is false, untrue, and void of heavenly and divine value. The main objects of faith are God, His apostles, His revelations, His angels, and His Last Judgement in the Resurrection Day. For all these chief objects, we must bear a room and love in depths of our hearts. Therefore:

``He who disbelieves and denies Allah and His Angels and His Books, and His Messenger, and the Day of Doom, he is out of the way, and has strayed a far astray.''

Sura 5:48 (Al-Maida) AND WE HAVE SENT DOWN TO YOU THE BOOK IN TRUTH CONFIRMING THAT WHICH WAS IN HAND OF THE BOOK, AND A GUARDIAN OVER IT. SO JUDGE BETWEEN THEM ACCORDING TO WHAT ALLAH HAS SENT DOWN; AND DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR CAPRICES, TO SWERVE FROM THE TRUTH THAT HAS COME TO YOU. TO EVERY ONE OF YOU WE HAVE ASSIGNED A CREED AND AN OPEN WAY. IF ALLAH HAD SO WILLED, HE WOULD HAVE MADE YOU ONE SINGLE NATION; BUT THAT HE MAY TEST YOU IN WHAT HE HAS GIVEN YOU. THEN VIE WITH ONE ANOTHER IN GOOD DEEDS. TO ALLAH IS YOUR RETURN, THEN HE WILL INFORM YOU OF THAT IN WHICH YOU WERE AT VARIANCE

This alludes to the position of Quran, after the corruption and perversion of the former revelation, which has been sent down with a twofold purposes of confirming the true and original message of God; and also to guard over it, in order to check and correct misinterpretations. Generally all the Divine Books follow the same aim and purpose, which is the spiritual training and development of mankind. That is why the prophet is ordered here not to follow their caprices and vain desires, and that; to judge between them according to what Allah has sent down. The verse then adds that, by origin mankind was a single nation with the same language, religion, and social condition. God could have kept us all alike as we were then, but in His wisdom he gave us this diversity in order to put us under tests and trials for cherishing our merits and increasing our abilities. By the ending, the verse calls mankind to vie with one another in good works and righteous deeds, instead of such disputes and variances that may result in hatred and hostility, because we all shall return to God for the ultimate judgement.

link

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

see thats the thing with the Qur'an and other holy books that are wrong, your not telling me what it says, but what you think it says.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

My views huh? My views are that things don't need to be overly complicated like they are today. Simple is the way to go. If I some how happened to be in a position of power, we deffinately wouldn't be going down the same raod that we are today. You would be lucky to have someone like me in a position of power.

What does anything in this entire thread have to do with screaming "fire" in a crowded theater? As for being "over simplistic".... Why do you have to have everything complicated? If there is no harm to an actual living person, then whats the big deal? Im sorry that people can become so offended by the burning of a book, but its a book. I believe I'm the one who is being rational here, on the premise that its a goddamned book. Get over it. Being simple is what we, as humans, need to concentrate on. Not political corectness.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

see thats the thing with the Qur'an and other holy books that are wrong, your not telling me what it says, but what you think it says.

I am telling you the both.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

You would be lucky to have someone like me in a position of power.

I think that there should be some force from within that control the men in a position of power. like controlling their ego (inner self). being more aware of their actions.

edit on 22/6/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there, but some guy named Gutenberg invented this neat tool to make BUNCHES of books.

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Nobody should be burning any books.........read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.

I do not follow any religion per se but burning something, anything that a people hold sacred is nothing short of continuing the hate.

And folks, the hate MUST STOP.

Burning a people's flag, their holy books, etc is simply a show of disrespect and does nothing but fuel more hatred which we currently on this planet in this dimension and "time" do not need.

We should be concentrating on TPTB, The real powers that be, the corporations and those that remain hidden in the shadows at the very top of the pyramid.

No, personally I think many of the fanatical Muslims, like the fantanical "Christians" (Which while they call themselves Christian are not really of Christ mind) are all disillusional and manipulated.

If humanity is to survive we must stop the manipulation (there is that word again, no not another senior moment - I use this word again for emphasis) the manipulation of our hatred must stop and we must all unite and begin to wake up and begin to overthrow or get rid of those "leaders" that are hell bent on destroying our species and our beautiful planet.

God, will the lot of you wake up, stop making war, stop perpetuating the hate and separation and join hands in love, brotherhood and begin to clean up our planet and get a money / barter system going that makes some sense.

We are at a critical crossroads that right here and now will determine if we progress to a class 1 civilization or go the way of the dinosaurs and disappear or allow ourselves to be assimulated into heaven knows what.

If you are at this site you are at least questioning what in sam heck is really going on............that is a start.

There is a lot of information, much of it is disinformation, tons of it to wade through.

But, in the end, love is the answer, everything else is an illusion.

Do not disrespect anyone group. You must judge not a group of humans most of you have never met, rather judge each person based on when you do meet and talk to them, judge them on their own merit or lack there of.

Again, personally I believe all major religions were invented to manipulate and control humanity.

We were never meant to be religious - we are spiritual beings.

To be a spiritual being you must research, question everything and try and develope love of each other and our planet................everything else is bs, total bs.

Why do people continue to perpetuate hate?

That is exactly what those that are at the top of the pyramid want.

Iunctus Nos Sto tribuo nos cado

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Can you redo that last post? Maybe to where it makes sense?

MOTF!
edit on 22-6-2011 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

Thank you. I actually agree with that. Still simplicity is the way to go.
edit on 22-6-2011 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

If that was the case then 98% of the people on this earth should be stopped.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
you can burn a koran
you can burn a bible
you can burn a flag

thats what makes this country so great exercise free speech but that dont mean other people have to agree with it.

honestly when muslims start giving a crap about me then i will start giving a crap about them.

and yeah not all muslims are bad just as not all christians are bad but when it gets to the bones of it

its easier to upset a chrisitan and you get a free pass upset muslims dont expect to keep your head.

if we were bigger men this wouldnt even be a subject but we aint.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It is wrong to burn religious books ,I do agree,but you(Muslims) let Jihadists do what they do, it's old school.I won't attack you now but you have a long way to go to earn any form of trust by us infidels.
Yes our government has been horrible.Do you think they told us?
Now we are killing innocent people because YOUR thugs are using them as hostages and brainwashing kids.
So the next time a mother presents her burnt baby up for the press,we won't anguish at having overcome a cowardly tactic to kill any and all of these cretins we can possibly find.Too bad we can't decapitate Iran now, those people need help.
Facts all ,no judgment here.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

finally . some logical comments.

I agree on most of the things you claimed . 99.9999 %.

Except that I have chosen Islam as a way of living. I am looking for the day with no manipulation , real freedom , independence of human being , easy access for true information .

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by ofhumandescent

finally . some logical comments.

I agree on most of the things you claimed . 99.9999 %.

Except that I have chosen Islam as a way of living. I am looking for the day with no manipulation , real freedom , independence of human being , easy access for true information .

Just curious, but what do you consider;
real freedom
independence of human being
easy access for true information?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join