It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims do care if you burn the Koran - stop stupidity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I am telling people stop being stupid . in return they tell me you should stop first . the whole argument is funny .

I think all you people on ATS know about TPTB , conspiracy theories , ....

After all that you should not be telling me that as soon as they stopped , I will stop (stupidity). I think that every one should know that he/she is playing a roll in this society as an individual and everyone should take the responsibility for his/her own action.

Sorry, but Muslims brought their so called "discrimination" on themselves. You don't seriously believe that people will do nothing when you burn our poppies do you? Or when you protest against our brave lads coming back from Afghanistan with signs like "British Soldiers Burn In Hell" or "Another Holocaust For The UK"? Or how about when a group of you beat up a RS teacher because they didn't indoctrinate children about Islam in a 100% positive light? Or all the mosques hiding Islamic extremists and not reporting them? When you bring your "community" into line, we'll start respecting you a bit more. But that would be too much for you, since just like every other Muslim, you just want to rock up and demand people change for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Is killing someone because they burned you "holy" book (which can be replaced fairly easily), also mindless and insightful?

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Who exactly are you talking to in the OP? Is there a big rush to burn Quran's lately, or have I missed something? I haven't heard anything about this since the psycho Westboro group did it.

Fill me in, please.

Anyway, I think it's disgusting to do so.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yes, some moral aspects and life lessons taught in religions as well as their contributions to the world of science and math are invaluable to humanity, but the idea that some guy sits on a throne of gold in the sky and will punish you for eternity for not worshiping him, or that you will receive some great reward in death by killing those who do not believe in him, is personally irrational and offensive

I understand and respect the individuals freedom of religion, but to claim one religion and its people are stupid while touting your own seems contradictory to a religion of peace and love.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Yes but that's not what you said, personally I find any definitive answer on these matters to be ignorant, we can't even explain awareness, free will or the observable universe properly. I think anyone who speaks with certainty on these matters will one day be proven wrong, no matter what they believe we just know too little at this point.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

when you protest against our brave lads coming back from Afghanistan with signs like "British Soldiers Burn In Hell" or "Another Holocaust For The UK"?

I am not supporting the people you are talking about , you judge it yourself if you are fair enough about 911 and invading Iraq and Afghanistan .

Was it right ?

since just like every other Muslim, you just want to rock up and demand people change for you.

Since we are living in the Information Era , I recommend you to do the investigation about Islam on your own .
What you are claiming is not right . Islam is not about rocking and rolling .
( I want you to deny ignorance )
edit on 22/6/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Is killing someone because they burned you "holy" book (which can be replaced fairly easily), also mindless and insightful?

Obviously.

The original action, though, is incitement to violence, and should be criminalised as such. Fortunately, more and more countries are coming in to agreement with my views on this matter.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It is a shame that some people think that having no religion is the best way of living .

For some people it is the best way of living. And if you feel that worshipping some god is a good way to go through life you'd better present the god itself and a good reason for worshipping it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Thwax

when you protest against our brave lads coming back from Afghanistan with signs like "British Soldiers Burn In Hell" or "Another Holocaust For The UK"?

I am not supporting the people you are talking about , you judge it yourself if you are fair enough about 911 and
invading Iraq and Afghanistan .

Was it right ?

since just like every other Muslim, you just want to rock up and demand people change for you.

Since we are living in the Information Era , I recommend you to do the investigation about Islam on your own .
What you are claiming is not right . Islam is not about rocking and rolling .
( I want you to deny ignorance )

I can't tell you if the if the invasions of Iraq or Afghanistan were right because of 9/11, because we cannot say whether Muslims were actually to blame for 9/11. If they were, then I absolutely support the invasions, if it is proved they were not, then that's a different matter.

I've done the investigations, from observing the way Muslims act when they are in the UK, yes, I'm afraid Muslims do expect other nations to adapt to them, when it should be the other way around. A short trip through some choice destinations such as Luton, or Bradford, or the East end of London will teach you that the attitudes I have described (burning poppies, brutal attacks, evil placards) is very much alive, well and almost tolerated by the local community.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Thwax because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

In America, it is supposed to be where Religion can not demand anything of the government, they can not implement laws or punish people.

I think deep down that is the core of some of the disagreements or misunderstanding between muslims and American way of life. I have had conversations with American muslims and even they suggested that shria law would be a good thing in America, even after discussing it they did not see why it would be a bad thing even if it was only enforced in Muslim population areas...

link   
reply to post by angeldoll

The people who do not know whether they are Christian , JEW or even Muslim. They are ignorant about their own holy books.

The people who are still referring Al-Qaida as a Muslim group.
The stupid people who give them the reason to do more terrorist act.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I dont believe it is incitement to violence. I believe its burning a book, plain and simple. If ANY religion says that you have to go kill "infadels" because you believed they wronged you or your "god", then that is the definition of stupidity. Books aren't people. And if you feel that you have to avenge a book, then you have been hit with the stupid stick one too many times.

MOTF!
edit on 22-6-2011 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It is a shame to start a thread like this and with this topic.
This thread is about the people who think that they are living at the center of earth. ( arrogant people )

Beginning :

I am saying that Muslims do care about the principles of their religion.
Some people are behaving like they have right to choose between :

1. Bombing Muslims and killing them.
2. Burning their holy book .

Who are you to judge?
How do you know that Muslims feel the same that you feel about your own holy book ?
( Is it called holy while you are burning it ? )

Ending :
This is a shame that in 21st century people give themselves the right to speak like this and act like this.
It is a shame that some people think that having no religion is the best way of living . after living more than 5 million years on this planet , after so many prophets came and gone , after seeing 10 million spring-winter cycle on this plant , after seeing immortality of humans (every one will die ) , after seeing what God was doing to the arrogant-powerful Ones, They are choosing to behave the way others did before them and there is no lesson to be learned.

peace.

Muslims are taught to kill the infidel and those who do not obey the prophet or the quran. When those who kill in the name of their god allah, others say or do nothing. And when they do you cannot believe them because they are doing the command of lying to deceive the enemies of Islam in order to destroy them. They burn churches and Bibles and them complain and riot if you make a picture of their prophet muhammed. They treat women like cattle and sex slaves and are commanded to torture their enemies so that their god allah can relish in their agony. They make those who do not bow to pay the humility tax and forbid them equality in their lands, yet they demand sharia compliance.

So if you see someone burning a quran, they are just burning a book that says to kill, torture, dismember, and humiliate, and put into slavery, anyone who is not like you, and all who do not worship allah. Muslims do far worse than that.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Scooter, maybe if you stopped calling people stupid, then you'd get a better response. But as a representative muslim, calling folks stupid will not endear yourself to them.

Let me check your bio and see how many threads you've started that are against muslim attrocities.

ETA, er, none.

edit on 22-6-2011 by beezzer because: juuuuust checking

edit on 22-6-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Scooter, maybe if you stopped calling people stupid, then you'd get a better response. But as a representative muslim, calling folks stupid will not endear yourself to them.

Let me check your bio and see how many threads you've started that are against muslim attrocities.

ETA, er, none.

Did you not realise? It's OK for Muslims to attack and insult others, but when other people attack and insult them, it's racism, discrimination, etc

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thwax

Originally posted by beezzer

ETA, er, none.

Did you not realise? It's OK for Muslims to attack and insult others, but when other people attack and insult them, it's racism, discrimination, etc

Ooops. My bad. I'll start sensitivity classes straight away.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

I'm afraid Muslims do expect other nations to adapt to them

I think that they should move to another country (Muslim) , if it is so important to them.
You should not be judging Islam by the way some Muslims act. In the holy book

THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION. RECTITUDE HAS NOW BEEN DISTINCT FROM ERROR

We do not have the right to force other people to believe in Islam ,

The real Muslim is the one who is acting according Quran

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have a general question about Islam.

If the quaran says this.

Sura 5:68 (Al-Maida) - "Say: 'People of the Book (Christians and Jews), you stand for nothing until you observe the Torah and the Gospel and that which is revealed to you from your Lord."

Sura 4:136 (Al-Nisa) - "0 believers, have faith in Allah and His Apostle, in the Book He has revealed to His Apostle, and in the Book He formerly revealed (Bible). He that denies Allah, His angels, His Scriptures, His apostles, and the Last Day, has strayed far from the truth."

Sura 5:48 (Al-Maida) - "And to you We have revealed the Book with the truth confirming what was revealed before it in the other Books, and standing as a guardian over it."

That is the the Qur'an the Muslim holy book vouching for the validity of the both the Bible and the Torah.

What is the Muslim response to this in the bible.

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned.

I ask this question of Mormons too, never seem to get a good response back, I know to some we are arguing fake men in the sky, even so you should follow your holy books. Is this not the story of the Qur'an? that an angel came down and talked to the prophet? (its the same for Mormons)

edit on 22-6-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I think you misunderstand the purpose of freedom of speech, Would MLK of been allowed to say his I have a dream speech if people where not allowed to express themselves for fear how the "mob" will react?

Didn't MLK speak in an era where black people could be legally treated as second class citizens ?

You are comparing completely different times.

In 2011, we have full legal and social equality amongst all groups. To preserve the current status quo, we need to have stringent laws put in place to prevent minority, and socially marginalised, groups being discriminated against, insidiously, by the majority.

Originally posted by benrl
Heck I might even of burned a copy of the Constitution that said i was only 1/3 a man, SO yes even if you don't like it, anyone does have a right to burn what ever book they want, or symbol.

Nobody has the ''right'' to do anything. In fact, I shall correct myself: you either have the ''right'' to do anything you want, or you accept that your ''rights'' are controlled and defined by some external source which you choose to adhere to. There is no middle ground on this.

''Rights'' aren't innate, unquestionable philosophical tenets. They are arbitrary, man-made concepts which I do not personally adhere to.

You believe that you have some ''right'' to do something ? Well, guess what ? I may believe that I have the ''right'' to do the opposite.

Who's going to be the arbitrator of ''my definition of rights vs. your definition of rights'' ? LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

sorry. I didn't mean to offend .

I am saying that you and I know that there are extremist who are threatening the whole world. If some one started to stimulate them , it is stupid.
Offending other religions is stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join