It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims do care if you burn the Koran - stop stupidity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It is a shame to start a thread like this and with this topic.
This thread is about the people who think that they are living at the center of earth. ( arrogant people )

Beginning :

I am saying that Muslims do care about the principles of their religion.
Some people are behaving like they have right to choose between :

1. Bombing Muslims and killing them.
2. Burning their holy book .

Who are you to judge?
How do you know that Muslims feel the same that you feel about your own holy book ?
( Is it called holy while you are burning it ? )

Ending :
This is a shame that in 21st century people give themselves the right to speak like this and act like this.
It is a shame that some people think that having no religion is the best way of living . after living more than 5 million years on this planet , after so many prophets came and gone , after seeing 10 million spring-winter cycle on this plant , after seeing immortality of humans (every one will die ) , after seeing what God was doing to the arrogant-powerful Ones, They are choosing to behave the way others did before them and there is no lesson to be learned.

peace.
edit on 22/6/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

My definition of this stupidity : When you know that you would hurt one million people's feeling and there are extremists who will act more violently , then burning Koran is stupid action.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
It is a shame to start a thread like this and with this topic.
this topic is about the people who think that they are living at the center of attentions. ( arrogant people )

Beginning :

I want to admit as a Muslim in this social network that Muslims do care about the principles of their religion.
Some people are behaving like they have right to choose between :

1. Bombing Muslims and killing them.
2. Burning their holy book .

Who are you to judge?
How do you know that Muslims feel the same that you feel about your own holy book ?
( Is it called holy while you are burning it ? )

Ending :
This is a shame that in 21st century people give themselves the right to speak like this and act like this.
It is a shame that some people think that having no religion is the best way of living . after living more than 5 million years on this planet , after so many prophets came and gone , after seeing 10 million spring-winter cycle on this plant , after seeing immortality of humans (every one will die ) , after seeing what God was doing to the arrogant-powerful Ones, They are choosing to behave the way others did before them and there is no lesson to be learned.

peace.

We'll stop when Muslims stop bombing and killing everyone else and burning their holy books.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
""Who are you to Judge"".....

Christians all pray to a false deity. Scripture says the deity ordered to be called YHWH.

In 1610 a new word was made up in the English language by King James, "GOD". He told everyone that is who they must pray to now....and he also stated in his speech to Parliament that HE was a GOD and everyone must pray to him to. He edited the very bible Christians hold so dearly. And everyone of them prays to a false idol.

Muslims should get on a PR campaign to wake Christians up to their own stupidity.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
When IED's are no longer used, when planes stop flying into buildings, when christians aren't beheaded, when bombs stapped to children are no longer used. . . . . . . then I'm sure you'll see an end to the burning.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thwax

We'll stop when Muslims stop bombing and killing everyone else and burning their holy books.

Really? Because out of 1.6 billion Muslims, I wasn't aware that all bombed and killed everyone.

Second line.
edit on 22-6-2011 by WhatTheToast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

Funny answer .

We'll stop when Muslims stop bombing and killing everyone else and burning their holy books

Suppose that you're right , (although I think you are not )

You are telling me Muslims should stop stupidity and then we will stop it. Then you are accepting you are acting as stupid people and it is not convincing.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think there maybe a disconnect between westernized and middle eastern followers of Islam.

1st I am of the belief burning any book is the height of ignorance and arrogance, all books hold knowledge and only a fool burns knowledge.

But again its all well in good for moderate western Muslims to speak out against the violence but when you have a whole section crying out for the death of US its kinda hard to swallow.

I am sure their where Christians during the crusade who said "Whoa this isn't what we are about" but the fact remains they slaughtered thousands.

Also you can not deny that middle eastern muslims have some backwards view on human rights, and womens rights.

I also have worked with several devout Muslims, and I know they are ashamed of the actions some have taken in the religions name, but to be honest I always got that it was their westernized upbringing that brought this shame, not the religion itself.
edit on 22-6-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Are you implying christians dont know the divine name of god? Because most do, just as many know Jesus name isn't jesus.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And Christians don't like to have their book burned. And Jews don't like to have their book burned. And Americans don't like to have their flag burned. And I don't like to have my science books burned. What's your point?

ALL religion is offensive to the rational mind. Get your head out of the dark ages and wake up.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Words on pieces of paper, bound together: CHEAP at your local book store.

Someone loosing their head (literally) because they dont prey to your god: PRICELESS (one life)

You do the math.

Why so serious over ink on parchment?

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Actually... If I go out and buy a Koran, Bible or Torah.. or whatever and choose to burn it, use it as toilet paper or use it to wrap my fish and chips, that's my choice. It's my property to do with as I please. No plea from muslim, jew or christian is going to impact my choices.

I wouldn't worry about it mate. It's just paper after all.

IRM

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
And Christians don't like to have their book burned. And Jews don't like to have their book burned. And Americans don't like to have their flag burned. And I don't like to have my science books burned. What's your point?

ALL religion is offensive to the rational mind. Get your head out of the dark ages and wake up.

The difference is other religions dont kill you for burning their books or threaten your life for drawing their prophet.........

Ones personal spiritual beliefs is never a reason to kill their counterparts in huge numbers.....ie look at egypt and the whole of the middle east right now.....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheToast

Originally posted by Thwax

Really? Because out of 1.6 billion Muslims, I wasn't aware that all bombed and killed everyone.

Second line.
edit on 22-6-2011 by WhatTheToast because: (no reason given)

Yes but most have the potential to do so. That is why they need to be stopped.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

When IED's are no longer used, when planes stop flying into buildings, when christians aren't beheaded, when bombs stapped to children are no longer used. . . . . . . then I'm sure you'll see an end to the burning.

Oh come on..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am telling people stop being stupid . in return they tell me you should stop first . the whole argument is funny .

I think all you people on ATS know about TPTB , conspiracy theories , ....

After all that you should not be telling me that as soon as they stopped , I will stop (stupidity). I think that every one should know that he/she is playing a roll in this society as an individual and everyone should take the responsibility for his/her own action.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Calling all religion an offense to the rational mind is just silly, even science shows that religion if real or not does have important social economic roles. It fulfills a need in human physiology that is still being studied to this day.

SO to say it is an offense to the rational mind is silly, a rational mind can look at a subject objectively and scientifically and not take offense, but see it for what it is and weight its value based on what needs it fulfills in society. Through out history various religions promoted advancement, Islam it self is the origin of some advance maths.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Publicly burning any Holy Book should be a crime, because it clearly falls within the category of ''incitement''.

The action of burning or destroying something which is revered by many is intended to engender a negative or violent reaction from the group which the contemptuous stunt is aimed towards.

Don't give me all that ''free speech'' blah blah blah. Mindlessly supporting ''free speech'', despite the potential harm that this speech may cause in certain circumstances, is both mindless and irresponsible.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Actually... If I go out and buy a Koran, Bible or Torah.. or whatever and choose to burn it, use it as toilet paper or use it to wrap my fish and chips, that's my choice

When you are doing it as a person it is your choice but when you are making it a social matter it is different.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by amaster

The difference is other religions dont kill you for burning their books or threaten your life for drawing their prophet.........

Ones personal spiritual beliefs is never a reason to kill their counterparts in huge numbers.....ie look at egypt and the whole of the middle east right now.....

I agree. Any religion that suggests, or even condones, the killing of another human for ANY REASON should be illegal on grounds of Conspiracy to Commit Murder.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I think you misunderstand the purpose of freedom of speech, Would MLK of been allowed to say his I have a dream speech if people where not allowed to express themselves for fear how the "mob" will react?

Heck I might even of burned a copy of the Constitution that said i was only 1/3 a man, SO yes even if you don't like it, anyone does have a right to burn what ever book they want, or symbol.

it just may not be the best thing to do. As an American, I may not like the burning of books (i really really dont) But i would defend someones right to burn what ever they wanted to the death.
edit on 22-6-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join