It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do A Lot of Christians Believe Christ will Return as a Man again?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

not that i put any stock in the reincarnation, but here ya go.

Matthew 11:11-15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is [a]least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men [c]take it by force. 13 For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who [d]was to come. 15 He who has ears to hear, [e]let him hear

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

bible.cc... Elijah in the mountain
and I cannot find any info where Jesus claimed that John was Elijah.

In order for you to understand the Bible you have to escape the "CHURCH BELIEF" mindset
edit on 23-7-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

I don't see what point your trying to make about Elijah. More importantly, what does the return of Elijah have to do with the return of Christ? These are two separate events.

And what scripture do you have to support that Christ will return in the flesh and walk among us? I don't see this anywhere in scripture.

I don't follow any church belief, I read the scriptures as they were written and let the Spirit guide me, not man.

Jesus told the discples that he will come back. Coming back as the disciples teacher also means that Jesus will become physical. God can do anything he wants.

The return of Elijah/John is very important to the return of Christ. Christ needed a road back then, and christ needs a road again. The road= Elijah/John

I still do not see any scripture that confirms that Christ will return in the flesh. While I agree that God can do whatever he wants, I don't agree that we should be making false claims about the way Christ returns. Christ clearly stated that he is coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Not once did He or any of his followers preach anything different.

Now it is true that there will be two witness at the end (Revelation 11:2), but the names of those witnesses can not be confirmed by scripture.

IMO there is no scriptural evidence to support your theory that Christ will return in the flesh. If you can point to some scripture to support this I would be more than glad to see it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

[q
I still do not see any scripture that confirms that Christ will return in the flesh. While I agree that God can do whatever he wants, I don't agree that we should be making false claims about the way Christ returns. Christ clearly stated that he is coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Not once did He or any of his followers preach anything different.

Now it is true that there will be two witness at the end (Revelation 11:2), but the names of those witnesses can not be confirmed by scripture.

IMO there is no scriptural evidence to support your theory that Christ will return in the flesh. If you can point to some scripture to support this I would be more than glad to see it.

I believe he will come in flesh and cloud. anyways no matter what, we are brothers in HIm. So, ado

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

you do also realize, that most bible scholars that believe in Christ. think that the two witnesses who preach in the streets and are killed after they finish their testimony. think that they are Elijah and Enoch because they were taken up with out dieing, or Elijah and Moses, can't find support for Moses, i have hread it said because it was for his devotion to God. but weather it's Enoch Or Moses it's plain to see that Elijah is held in high regard by God.

Edit: did some searching and found out about Moses, turned out i was wrong.this seems to be the common thought about Moses.

- Elijah and Moses have already appeared together as witnesses at the Mount of Transfiguration.

now everybody knows about the"once to die" issue, but what comes to my mind when i think about this is.
Isaiah 55:8 "8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."
he is God he can do anything he wants.

Revelation 11:3-15 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

3 And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. 5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way. 6 These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire. 7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them. 8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which [a]mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. 9 Those from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days, and [c]will not permit their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb. 10 And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and celebrate; and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth. 11 But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them. 12 And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” Then they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them. 13 And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; [d]seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. 14 The second woe is past; behold, the third woe is coming quickly.

[
edit on 23-7-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

[q

I believe he will come in flesh and cloud. anyways no matter what, we are brothers in HIm. So, ado

If we believe in the same Christ then we are truly brothers. I'm interested in where you have gotten the idea that Christ will come in the flesh. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's an honest question. Have you learned this from sources outside the Bible? If so, where? I would like to study this idea in greater detail and then draw my own conclusion. I'm an Apologetic, so I pretty much study everything to see how it matches up.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
this is how he will return, when you look up and see this. sinners beware.

Revelation 19:12-20 (New American Standard Bible)

12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will [a]rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.” " 17 Then I saw [c]an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of [d]commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.” 19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

This how you will know him on his return. i'm surprised at how many people will say any thing different, the bible states this is what he will look like when he returns.

Revelation 19:12-20 (New American Standard Bible)

edit on 23-7-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

What that passage in Revelation refers to, in my opinion, is the moment the Judgment arrives.

Yes everyone will see Him(the Son of Man, Li Hongzhi as a man of flesh and blood) in the sky at that time. BUT by then it is too late to repent, is it not said in the Bible? So you need to find him before too late, that is the key issue for any human being. At Judgment everything is already to late since the answer is given i nthe sky. Before that you must enlighten by your own power of thinking and by using your good heart.

The King of Kings has been given many names in different religions and by famous prophets, they all point to "Li" being his earthly name:

Christianity: Elijah(El-Li-Jah means "God of Gods Li")

Asatro(Scandinavian mythology; Sweden is where the city of Falun is placed - very important): Slidr(God´s Li Him will arrive from the east); Heimdali(Home in the city of Falun Li), Hallinskide(Hall of Li; Chi and De(virtue); Gullintanne(Yellow Li; born with "Dan"??); The only survivors of the end times battle in Asatro is "Lif" and "Liftrase". Meaning that only those who believe in "Li" will make it.

Nostradamus: Selin(Watch Li the One); Libra(Li Good), these meanings are translated from Swedish since the city of Falun is placed in Sweden, and some terms fro the God of Gods are also in Chinese since he is a Chinese man in his current lifetime.

Ge An: Li is the name of the Lord of Lords when being born as a man of flesh and blood.

Islam: His name will consist of two letters and he will have three duties(Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance)

Falun Legend: The big treasure will arrive when the copper mine is closed. The mine closed in 1992, in 1992 Falun Dafa was introduced to the world...

Well, we could add the prophet Merlin which means "More-Li-the One".. Maybe Merlin was another split incarnation of Li Hongzhi, I do not know it.

Anyway, I can tell you two things that are absolutely true in my opinion(and by natural consequence of logics and statistics):

Falun Dafa is the legendary way described in the Bible to turn people´s hearts good again and Li Hongzhi is the only Son-of-Man in this world and his spiritual movement is the one being persecuted by the Great red Dragon as prophesied.

Check it out and experience the magical power of the exercises, input 30 minutes and do the exercises. That is my sincere advice and you have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Why did Jesus need John last time? He needed a teacher.

Why does Jesus need Elijah this time? He needs a teacher this time around.

Just my two cents at my current wisdom level, no truth whatsoever is offered from me.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If we believe in the same Christ then we are truly brothers. I'm interested in where you have gotten the idea that Christ will come in the flesh. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's an honest question. Have you learned this from sources outside the Bible? If so, where? I would like to study this idea in greater detail and then draw my own conclusion. I'm an Apologetic, so I pretty much study everything to see how it matches up.

The knowledge is from the Most Highest and will always come from Him. To glorify God is not to question in His abilities. The Church is fearful of giving their power to God himself and many oracles claim that Peter will come back. I do not see the issue of a physical 2nd coming. His job never was completed and to complete a job you must jump on the wagon again. I do not know what proof is to you? Most of the discples believe that they will certainly see Christ again. Christ promised them that they will and the only way that could happen is the belief in reincarnation

The two witnesses were in fact John and Peter. They were the original witnesses in the resurrection, thus no greater thing has ever happened in humanity up until then.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The return as he left argument is too vague, did he quantum phase-shift in a happy mood? Wearing rainbow suspenders?

See, the problem is is that THE CHURCH LEADERS believe WHOLEHEARTEDLY that THE SON OF MAN will return in the flesh and intervene.

The only recourse they had/have was to CONVINCE every christian that this human was the mythical "antichrist" which most agree is a label and not a title...

WHAT USE ARE CHURCH LEADERS WHEN THE CHRIST CAN SPEAK FOR HIMSELF?

They know they will be rendered useless...So all the prophecy regarding "antichrist" is actually prophecy about the omega wolf son of man.

They will try to tell you that his technology is the work of the devil, yet free energy from the aether (Rev 13:13) is way better for you than fossil fuels...

Thief in the night = The Tipping Point of his memes, before that nobody will be aware he has been here since 1975, after that they will wonder how he stayed on the DL....this will happen within months as TRENDING NOW urges people to search the key words - THE CASE FOR THE SECOND COMING AND NEW JERUSALEM.

Non/Biblical prophecy rarely concludes that The Second Coming is a metaphor for your spiritual awakening, but of a human with inhuman ability.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Jesus Christ's return will be when everyone realizes THEY are Jesus Christ.

The Age of Aquarius....when we will Judge the living and dead....who screwed the world up for us with pollution, greed, financial robbery, and even destroyed the Human DNA.

WE will be the Judges. For if we don't do it now....there are a few men on Earth with the technology for THEM to become God's and do their own Judging...deciding who lives and who dies.

That's the Great Battle. Right now humankind is losing.

This is beautiful, I say you've got it.

Here is a wonderful book that I recommend, it is very much about exactly what you are saying!!. The book is titled "The Child Within Us Lives! A Synthesis of Science, Religion and Metaphysics" by William Samuel. You will read so many things that you will know in your heart are true---

There is a website that has a lot of excerpts from his books at:

www.williamsamuel.com

Here is an excerpt from the book:

"THE CLOCK IN QUANTUM MAN
An inner Light tells me that people have clocks within them as certainly as the rest of the creatures in nature. We know something of this already. Puberty kicks in at a certain stage, then the mating and homing urges, et al, throughout our human span. But, listen, listen, something new and marvelous is presently happening to QUANTUM MANKIND. A new, worldwide “urge” has begun. To this time in time, only a few have been made fully aware of this mystifying insight. A strange new disquiet and discontent. New urgings that have no rational explanation because they have never been felt by mankind at large, nor written of in words easily understood. We are seeing signs of this Divine Clock already in the bizarre behavior of this group and that. We've been blaming “civilization” or television or something else for the strange twists and turns mankind has begun to perform internally and respond to externally. Recently we have taken to calling it anxiety, stress, informational overload and so forth. Something deeper is on the edge of exploding. The Divine Discontent that some of us have struggled with all our lives is soon to stir all humanity, bewildering all but those who know what it is and what is happening. Those who know are those who have had early access to these urgings and have responded in small ways.

While all of us suspect there is more to life than the human scene, a universal recognition is sure to come that INDEED there IS Something Else—another dimension spread over the human experience. As we said, it is likely that science will confirm it first.

THE CENTURY PLANT ILLUSTRATION
Imagine a plant that has lived in the desert for nearly a century, then finally prepares to bloom, seed and die, its seed to begin another century of time. Imagine, also, that this plant has a winter's rest each year and new growth each spring—and has been doing this for ninety-nine years. Then, via a clock that has been inside that plant from the very seed it sprang from, it slowly—or suddenly—begins the epic event. It starts to grow a stem and a bud thereon.

Can you imagine how the fragmented plant must be self-shaken by all this strange, new happening, so unaccustomed it is to blooming? The roots must wonder where they are supposed to send their nutrition NOW. The limbs wonder where the new growth is going—and why. The roots and leaves all send their substance into the new growth and finally to the flower itself. The leaves must complain that they are not receiving from the roots as before and the roots must wonder why the leaves are not giving to them as they have for ninety-nine years. “Tradition is being destroyed! We must stop this foolishness and return to the old values! This preparation of the bud is a shakingly new activity that embraces the plant now. The inner clock, dormant for ninety-nine years, has sprung into action and the century plant finally blooms, to seed and expire.

The real bloom, for which the plant was originally intended, forms, blooms and carries the plant's essences and imprints into its seed-self. All the other spring “bloomings,” the other cycles, the other events through the ninety-nine years have become as nothing compared to this final great blossoming which has been the purpose of the plant from the beginning—to prepare its seed for another field.

What has happened for some of us individually is soon to happen for all mankind. There are two views we mortals contain—the individual view and the quantum overview; the man-with-a-name's view and the holistic view. From the standpoint of a View I have been blessed to live, I see clear indication that a new world clock has been turned on in the SPECIES—in the Quantum Man, exactly as God turned it on in what appears the individual “me” forty years ago. Just as the century plant makes a final flowering at the end of its span, so the Tree of Life—appearing as humanity—is soon to begin a strange behavior from an unrelenting inner urge that will result, after much internal and external turmoil without precedent, in a New Bloom, a New Community. This divine stirring, different from all that has gone before in this pulse of events for eleven thousand years, will bring mankind to re-examine his values; rethink his ideas and belief; retest his religions and philosophies, his governments and systems, and find them woefully inadequate; thence to turn within himself into a subjective view of life, to discover the very Essence of Self-within—the Child of God.

These events, already begun, will become quantum—every man alive feeling and responding, flailing positively or negative, responding in all ways, unable to find respite in the former things.

THE INNER CLOCK AND THE WORLD TRAVAIL
The world has begun the travail that ends in the birth of the Child within—Messiah, Redeemer, Savior!—closer than breathing, closer than fingers and toes, not far off but here all the while. What is more, we will see THEN that this Event, the “Birthing,” has every bit, each step of the way, been foreseen by the lights and prophets, Eastern and Western, above and below, first and last, male and female. More, all of this will be WONDERFUL—precisely what has been called for from the beginning—naught but GOOD going on—the REBIRTH of the Original Image of Godhead.

How do I know these things are true? I was shown all of this wonder forty years ago at the pond and didn't believe a bit of it—no way!—but, in the years since, having been faithful to the Vision, having been tested by it and forced to live it, its veracity PROVEN line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little, there a little; and having found confirmation for every Glimpse given, and having LIVED the Quantum of Mind as Awareness confirmed—and tested by THAT—I have been told these many years later to WRITE my findings to my inner Selfhood and “prepare the way” for the Child's rebirthing and reappearance in “the world.” I have done that as best I could.

By the time this book is published, the “quantum appearing” of the divine discontent will have kicked in for the world-at-large. Not bad, but GOOD happening. The Child, the “Children of God” will survive."

-------------
You can get William Samuel's book at Amazon--- I think this is on of the most important books we can read now-It was written for Now and it holds intelligent and loving answers. It is an amazing and enlightening message---

Check out his website, it has a lot of free reading for you---

Thanks, SweetMystery

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I thought I would share a recent message to a contemplative priest, Father Melvin Doucette. Thread related
I hope. Some Christians believe Our Lord is coming again soon in His person but we know this is not going
to happen until the Final Judgment. Our Lord's coming again soon, is spiritual. St. Bernard called it the
"middle coming."

- - - - -

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The Unknown Day and Hour

"But of that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. For as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. In those days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day that Noah entered the ark. They did not know until the flood came and carried them all away. So will it be also at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be out in the field; one will be taken, and one will be left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken, and one will be left. Therefore, stay awake! For you do not know on which day your Lord will come. Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known the hour of night when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not let his house be broken into. So too, you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come." (Jesus as per the Gospel of St. Matthew 24:36-44)

"I bless you, My brother Melvin and all My brothers and sisters living in all the countries of the world. I call you all to be alert because you do not know the day and hour I will return to earth. I am coming and that is sure and every day My coming is closer. However, do not believe those who say the end of the world would come in October 2011 or next year. All of these are lies that come from the devil. The reason why you have not been told is this: so that you will have My return continuously in your mind and you will avoid sin and follow Me even on days that you find difficult. At those times ask for My help and I will give you the graces you need. I want you all waiting for Me when I arrive. I bless you."

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join