It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do A Lot of Christians Believe Christ will Return as a Man again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm multi-religious......I believe Christ or Buddha would return to this world once agains AS DIVINE, yeah, thats right.......if he ever return that is.

Returning as DIVINE because human-form just cannot cut it anymore......his miracles such as -walking on the surface of water, turn water to wine, elevation on air, cure the blind- all of these things have already been successfully performed by Christ Angel and other magicians or been "debunked"

Cure the blind = doctor can perform it (partially)
Resurrect the dead = simply hiring a professional actor
Turn water to wine = I believe there is chemical allowing you to do that, not Chateau 1970, but still red wine nonetheless.
Nowadays, you can do almost anything with proper equipment and careful staging.

That's why he has to return as divine IF HE EVER PLAN TO DO SO

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Bingo! He comes back on Ascension Day!

And my time code perfectly adds up to that day!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The problem with Christ is most Christian doctrine is based on the false Christ. The false Christ is the Christ nailed to a cross. You see the false Christs churches where ever you see a crucifx marking their place of worship. The crucifx is the symbol of the false Christ because it represents a dead Christ. The real Christ rose from the cross. The real Christ is found in the men and women who live their lives walking in his shoes. Their numbers are few and their works are often unnoticed, but I have seen them. I am sure if you look carefully enough you will find in your own life those who have at some point shown his grace in your time of need. Look not with your eyes for they judge only the flesh.

Christ is the Messiah, and he has come

Above is my view on the matter. Anyone who has found it in their heart to love the whole world equally and be willing to sacrifice themselves and their talents for the betterment of all is showing the grace of Christ. More so are those willing to sacrifice even their lives for their fellow man.

When people learn to see Christ in everyone, then the false Christ will be defeated and his Kingdom will come.

For me, it is already here.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 17-7-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Scripture does not teach reincarnation, moreover Jesus spoke very plainly with his words. Don't be deceived, there is no hidden knowledge or secret teachings of Christ as some would have you believe. That's just a trick to get you to fall for their new and fake doctrine. Don't believe it.

Yeah it does, many Jewish rabbis struggled with the concept of reincarnation. They were so busy with laws that they never finalized a well written doctrine and belief. Elijah was claimed to be John. THat is in scripture! They were awaiting for Elijah. The church want you to believe in their doctrine all the while our universe is far more complicated to even be answered by science. So, reincarnation is a very valid issue that never really became answered.

Catholics want you to be blind dumb and stupid, all the while they exorcise demons and laundry a trillion dollar business called the church. Their influence is still legendary and they probably use the United States like a mobile "rome attack unit".

God \ all powerful and questioning His ability such as reincarnation is a open face palm towards Him.
Not everyone is reincarnated also. I do not make the rules

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib

Actually the authors of the bible were clear that Christ was due to return in their own lifetime. He is somewhat late to say the least. What these Bible ignorant modern day Xtians believe is somewhat suspect therefore.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib

Actually the authors of the bible were clear that Christ was due to return in their own lifetime. He is somewhat late to say the least. What these Bible ignorant modern day Xtians believe is somewhat suspect therefore.

And what scripture can you produce to prove such a statement?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Scripture does not teach reincarnation, moreover Jesus spoke very plainly with his words. Don't be deceived, there is no hidden knowledge or secret teachings of Christ as some would have you believe. That's just a trick to get you to fall for their new and fake doctrine. Don't believe it.

Yeah it does, many Jewish rabbis struggled with the concept of reincarnation. They were so busy with laws that they never finalized a well written doctrine and belief. Elijah was claimed to be John. THat is in scripture! They were awaiting for Elijah. The church want you to believe in their doctrine all the while our universe is far more complicated to even be answered by science. So, reincarnation is a very valid issue that never really became answered.

Catholics want you to be blind dumb and stupid, all the while they exorcise demons and laundry a trillion dollar business called the church. Their influence is still legendary and they probably use the United States like a mobile "rome attack unit".

God all powerful and questioning His ability such as reincarnation is a open face palm towards Him.
Not everyone is reincarnated also. I do not make the rules

You make a good point about Elijah but I wouldn't call that reincarnation. Luke 2:17 tells us that John had the spirit and power of Elijah, in other words, he was just as strong in his spirit and power as Elijah was.

I agree with you about Catholics, for they have given the Word of God a bad rap with their idolatry and greed. But again, don't fall for the trap that Christ will be walking among us when he returns, because this not supported by scripture and is a very dangerous teaching. Many are already being led astray by this thinking.
edit on 17-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I love your common sense statement about Christ's coming!

Especially coming from one who does not believe.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

[
You make a good point about Elijah but I wouldn't call that reincarnation. Luke 2:17 tells us that John had the spirit and power of Elijah, in other words, he was just as strong in his spirit and power as Elijah was.

I agree with you about Catholics, for they have given the Word of God a bad rap with their idolatry and greed. But again, don't fall for the trap that Christ will be walking among us when he returns, because this not supported by scripture and is a very dangerous teaching. Many are already being led astray by this thinking.

Do you know what the spirit is? Is it dirt to you? The spirit is inside your soul which has greater value than your soul, the spirit is YOU. So, for the spirit of Elijah to be in John would also mean that John was Elijah in some form. IDK if John himself have identified himself towards Elijah, but I can tell you he certainly had great admiration towards Enoch and Elijah. Remember John is a mystery even to this day

Here is your greatest connections with Elijah and John. Elijah himself went up on the hill in the wilderness to find G-d. G-d was their in front of him as the wind and the Earth, but Elijah did not identify G-d this and was awaiting for G-d to speak to him. Elijah found nothing. Fast forward in history, we are to believe that John himself went into the wilderness (like Elijah) and heard the calling of G-d. To this day we are unsure if G-d spoke directly to John. What do you think? Sounds like a good ending for a souls journey if you look at it in this point of view.

I believe Jesus will come back in the body, on earth and walk among us.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Christian reincarnation(for those openminded people willing to think for themselves):

John 3:2-7:

He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."

"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"

In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

So don't be surprised when I say, 'You must be born again.'

John 4:15-19 - My interpretation: Jesus sees earlier lifetimes and her five previous husbands from earlier lifetimes:

The woman said to him(Jesus), "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water."

He told her, "Go, call your husband and come back."

"I have no husband," she replied. Jesus said to her, "You are right when you say you have no husband.

The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true."

"Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet.

Of course Jesus will return as a man and he will have to do arduous spiritual cultivation of mind and body, the same high-level type they do in Asia. That unique method is called Falun Dafa(based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life) and Elijah(Li Hongzhi) is the one who has introduced it to mankind in 1992 and he teaches it to the future enlightened people. About 100 million people started doing it in seven years and then it was banned by the CCP in China. It matches the Book of Revelation perfectly since the "Great Red Dragon" persecutes Falun Dafa as is said in the bible. Also the future kings of this world will come from the east as the Bible states.

Open your eyes and check out Falun Dafa for yourself, this is the future, believe it or not. And many ancient prophecies from the city of Falun that foretold Falun Dafa´s arrival to the world have come true.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever...

PS: Buddhism holds that one must be reincarnated many times to be able to consummate oneself. One raises one´s cultivation level gradually through each lifetime and finally achieves the goal and returns to the paradise where one was born. So the Lamas in Tibet usually knows exactly which monk they used to be in their previous lifetimes. This is what Jesus refers to when he says one must be reborn many times to achieve consummation. But few Christians understand it I believe.

edit on 21-7-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Very interested in how he will return, even though I personally don't believe in him.

Either he is real, and will return as the Bible says, or he is not real, and someone in high power will create him and seize control of most of the planet.

He is real. However, you are part right in the sense that someone will create "him" and seize control of most of the planet. One of the next big prophecies to be fulfilled is the false second coming of Jesus. Not the rise of the Antichrist; that happened long ago ( www.john1429.org... ). But, Satan will manifest himself as Jesus to officially establish the one world government and church (read 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 (KJV): www.biblegateway.com... )

It is at that time that the mark of the beast will be enforced. To see a true Christian prophetic timeline, click the link: www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq
Christian reincarnation(for those openminded people willing to think for themselves):

He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."

"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"

In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

John 4:15-19 - My interpretation: Jesus sees earlier lifetimes and her five previous husbands from earlier lifetimes:

The woman said to him(Jesus), "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water."

"I have no husband," she replied. Jesus said to her, "You are right when you say you have no husband.

The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true."

Of course Jesus will return as a man and he will have to do arduous spiritual cultivation of mind and body, the same high-level type they do in Asia. That unique method is called Falun Dafa(based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life) and Elijah(Li Hongzhi) is the one who has introduced it to mankind in 1992 and he teaches it to the future enlightened people. About 100 million people started doing it in seven years and then it was banned by the CCP in China. It matches the Book of Revelation perfectly since the "Great Red Dragon" persecutes Falun Dafa as is said in the bible. Also the future kings of this world will come from the est as the Bible states.

Open your eyes and check out Falun Dafa for yourself, this is the future, believe it or not. And many ancient prophecies from the city of Falun that foretold Falun Dafa´s arrival to the world have come true.

Actually, when Jesus said "born again" he was talking about when a person repents of their sins and accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior:

2 Corinthians 5:17(KJV)
17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And yes, it was known before Jesus came to earth as a man that a Messiah would be sent to save the world. To see the prophecies which spoke of Jesus in the Old Testament, and where they were fulfilled in the new testament, click the following link:

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie

Originally posted by Gaussq

Of course Jesus will return as a man and he will have to do arduous spiritual cultivation of mind and body, the same high-level type they do in Asia. That unique method is called Falun Dafa(based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life) and Elijah(Li Hongzhi) is the one who has introduced it to mankind in 1992 and he teaches it to the future enlightened people. About 100 million people started doing it in seven years and then it was banned by the CCP in China. It matches the Book of Revelation perfectly since the "Great Red Dragon" persecutes Falun Dafa as is said in the bible. Also the future kings of this world will come from the est as the Bible states.

Actually, when Jesus said "born again" he was talking about when a person repents of their sins and accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior:

2 Corinthians 5:17(KJV)
17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

And yes, it was known before Jesus came to earth as a man that a Messiah would be sent to save the world. To see the prophecies which spoke of Jesus in the Old Testament, and where they were fulfilled in the new testament, click the following link:

www.remnantofgod.org...

You are not explaining Jesus words above and you avoid the passages stated.

And Jesus talked about reincarnation in many places in the bible, each passage has been consciously or unconsciously misinterpreted by the clergy over the ages.

Swedenborg prophesied that nothing will be left out, not a single brick, at the destruction of modern Christianity at the Great Judgment. Swedenborg talked about "True Christianity" which of course referred to the true essence of the bible.

Why did Jesus tell the woman she had had five husbands while she was not married in this lifetime and why did she say Jesus was a prophet(prophets can see the past and future history of people)?

No Christian experts can explain it. This is a reason the cross will be torn down all over the world very soon, modern Christianity is useless since too few people understand that Christianity is about cultivation(becoming a better and better person in daily life).

Secondly, when "someone is in Christ", in my humble opinion, means that if Christ bore that person´s sins for thim he will be free from that black karma and hence will become a new person and he will belong in Christ´s future kingdom at one or another level.

This has nothing to do with "being born again"(reincarnation of course). Jesus has his own universe and that being will live in his universe, in Jesus "body"(in other dimensions) so to speak. The human body is seen as a small universe in Daoism, there is alot of truth in that statement.

The "Messiah" is Jesus and he will not save the world as you state above. Messiah came down 2000 years ago to save some people, he took on their sins. In the future he will reappear after Elijah says the prophecies but Jesus will not save the world.

The "Son-of-Man" will save the world from destruction and that is Elijah and he comes from the east, this is clearly written in the bible for those who read it and try to use their common sense. In fact in the old days all Christians were buried with feet pointing to the east so they could quickly stand up before the Lord at judgment.

Matthew 17:10-12

The disciples asked him, "Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?"
Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things.

But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands."

Malachi 4:5-6 "See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."

Luke 1:17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous--to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

Isaiah 46:11: From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There are some people that believe that and it varries from religion to religion but the majority believe christ will come back not as a man but spirit to collect all those that are born agian of the water and the spirit! in a moment in the twinkling of an eye he will have come and gone. WILL YOU BE READY?????

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I am ready for the Great Judgment in a few years, today I need to raise myself up and increase my cultivation level(mind nature level based on Truth, Compassion, Forbearance). As for Jesus I am sure he will reappear as a man of flesh and blood again, and people will know who he is after the Great Judgment. Remember Jesus said he will need 3 days(3000 years in my opinion) to rebuild his temple(his body and spirit) after going down to hell 2000 years ago so it looks like Jesus has more incarnations ahead of him before returning home stronger than ever.

If you take on such massive amounts of karma(sins) from other people like Jesus did, how can it be easy to return to the heavens? Remember there are identical rules for everyone in this cosmos, if you have black karma you will need to suffer until you paid it all back, the same goes for Jesus and everyone else. I do believe his suffering is by no means small.

This story of Jesus has all been prophesied by many people and he is said to have been a great sinner in his youth of his latest incarnation and then repenting and paying back debts just before Judgment arrives. And the logics of him reappearing in the sky saving all people to the heavens without an effort on their part is ridiculous. Anyone who wants to go back to their original birhplace heaven and consummate must cultivate away all their attachments and become a true man. That is arduous and very hard but the only way to achieve it. Nobody escapes the cosmic laws.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

edit on 22-7-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

[

Do you know what the spirit is? Is it dirt to you? The spirit is inside your soul which has greater value than your soul, the spirit is YOU. So, for the spirit of Elijah to be in John would also mean that John was Elijah in some form. IDK if John himself have identified himself towards Elijah, but I can tell you he certainly had great admiration towards Enoch and Elijah. Remember John is a mystery even to this day

Here is your greatest connections with Elijah and John. Elijah himself went up on the hill in the wilderness to find G-d. G-d was their in front of him as the wind and the Earth, but Elijah did not identify G-d this and was awaiting for G-d to speak to him. Elijah found nothing. Fast forward in history, we are to believe that John himself went into the wilderness (like Elijah) and heard the calling of G-d. To this day we are unsure if G-d spoke directly to John. What do you think? Sounds like a good ending for a souls journey if you look at it in this point of view.

I believe Jesus will come back in the body, on earth and walk among us.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

In all honesty I do not know where you are getting this knowledge from, I don't see any scripture being quoted. In regards to this topic I will accept nothing unless it is backed by scripture from the Bible, not some so-called hidden knowledge that only a few have access to, or teachings that were supposedly spoken by Christ.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

bible.cc... Elijah in the mountain
and I cannot find any info where Jesus claimed that John was Elijah.

In order for you to understand the Bible you have to escape the "CHURCH BELIEF" mindset
edit on 23-7-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
this is how he will return, when you look up and see this. sinners beware.

Revelation 19:12-20 (New American Standard Bible)

12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will [a]rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.” " 17 Then I saw [c]an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of [d]commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.” 19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

This how you will know him on his return. i'm surprised at how many people will say any thing different, the bible states this is what he will look like when he returns.

Revelation 19:12-20 (New American Standard Bible)

edit on 23-7-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

In order for you to understand the Bible you have to escape the "CHURCH BELIEF" mindset

I don't see what point your trying to make about Elijah. More importantly, what does the return of Elijah have to do with the return of Christ? These are two separate events.

And what scripture do you have to support that Christ will return in the flesh and walk among us? I don't see this anywhere in scripture.

I don't follow any church belief, I read the scriptures as they were written and let the Spirit guide me, not man.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I don't see what point your trying to make about Elijah. More importantly, what does the return of Elijah have to do with the return of Christ? These are two separate events.

And what scripture do you have to support that Christ will return in the flesh and walk among us? I don't see this anywhere in scripture.

I don't follow any church belief, I read the scriptures as they were written and let the Spirit guide me, not man.

Jesus told the discples that he will come back. Coming back as the disciples teacher also means that Jesus will become physical. God can do anything he wants.

The return of Elijah/John is very important to the return of Christ. Christ needed a road back then, and christ needs a road again. The road= Elijah/John

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join